Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday it is!

Good Morning
Things seem as always to be so busy.We did have a great weekend. Platsburgh was not a day to shop, and actually many prices were higher than what we have here, especially when one factors in the exchange. We did have a nice lunch and walked along the water for almost two hours. It was a nice day. Sunday was alot of this and that,. seeing friends, helping my mother and sister. Yesterday was a busy day in surgery clinic, and today I take care of my porta cath and get my blood work done, and I have some important meetings tonight.
The weather was simply wonderful yesterday, every one was in shorts and t's by the end of the day. Just wonderful. We have started off with sunshine, hope it stays. Well, better get out the door, have a great day every one.
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning all and a beautiful one it is, here in upper East Tennessee.

We commiserate with you Delft. You know when you're getting old? One way to tell is when you start building your schedule around medical appointments. We don't think about ours until there's a glitch. Fran received a call yesterday that her oncology appointment has been changed to next week. No biggie at all, it's just that we have to start thinking, "Did we have anything for next Tuesday?" The reason for checking the calendar is that we both also suffer from that dreaded malady also associated with growing older, CRS or "Can't Remember Stuff," which is probably not exactly what those letters stand for but since we're a family venue..... .

Since I'm no longer able to get out and push mow borders, etc., I several years ago decided that if I can't get it on my lawn tractor, it dies. Consequently got out there and sprayed yesterday. Sometimes I think I should just go ahead and have the stuff delivered by tanker truck! I get a kick out of the TV commercials whereon they make a production of killing a weed in a driveway or sidewalk crack. With me, it's more along the lines of, "Okay men, let's wipe out that section of the forest!"

Prayers continue for those on the list as well as a request for Blessings upon everyone.

Todd
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where as Delft says, it's starting off with sunshine, and it's already 18C on it's way to 22C (71F). Not as nice as yesterday when we hit something like 28 or 82F!!
It is supposed to rain later today, but that's OK, the grass and gardens could certainly use some greening!

Work was nice yesterday; for the first time we go to take the kids out WITHOUT coats, hats, mitts, boots, etc. Hurray for summer!

Last night was Pilates for me, so I didn't get any painting done, but I will try to do some more tonight, at least get the Primer coat on. Then I will have to pick a colour!

Must get out of here soon, off to the hospital for blood tests again, then straight to work. Seeya in Chat!

donna
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

A beautiful day here - sun, slight breeze. Sad to say I'm off to work. Gonna try to get there early so I can get out early. Was going to go in earlier than this for Intercessor prayer, but woke up have a very bad day pain wise - don't know what has changed, if it is the humidity making a difference, but it isn't good - the pinched nerve in my arm is really acting up, and the nerve problem in my back, neck and leg are the most extreme I have had in a long time, then add the jaw and head - ugh. Not sure who I will get anythig done. Have to accomplish something tho'.

Last night for the potluck at church I made - Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas. The were a huge success, and I will add them to my recipe file. Always good to find a new recipe. I would make them a bit hottier for here at home, but didn't know what everyones "heat" level would be, so I kept them a little subdued.

Need to get going.

Wishing you all a great Day.
Old April 28th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Going to be over 90 today, and I am watching the kids. Lucy is so funny, and is now 16 months old!! Aiden will be 6 in October, and is as devilish as they come, but as sweet as sugar...their new cousin seems like he wants to be born early, so we await a brand new tushy to pinch

Today is our anniversary, 41 years! Looking back to 1968, so many of our friends got married young as we did, and not many are still together.....back then we married so young..things sure have changed!

Make it a good one~

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 28th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Sorry I haven't been here more, but with our guests, I have been hopping from morning until night. I did make time to get to PT yesterday though.

MIL is doing pretty well. We've had a nice visit and they will likely be coming in from the "villa" (the fifth wheel ) anytime. I have breakfast ready and the table is set and waiting on their appearance. I think they will be heading out this morning.

It is rainy today and I hope will clear up sometime soon. Poor d/d is never going to make it to softball practice if the field doesn't dry out. For some reason it has been raining a lot on Tuesdays.

Well I hope the day is a good one for all of you. Prayers to those of you in need. I'll pop back in a bit later and see what everyone is up to.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 28th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Admiral

BW - how did your mom's appt go - trusting your sister actually got her there and she didn't cancel at the last minute?
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

We had some strong thunderstorms move through last night. Looks like there was more rain, during the night, in Houston (I'm 20 miles or so south of Houston). Lots of flooded roads, some intersections with 10' of water. I'm so glad I don't have any reason to drive into Houston, today! We are high and dry, for now, anyway. Looks like more rain today.

Lots of anniversaries today! Trip, 41 years! You must have been just a baby! Phillip and Joni celebrate their 8th anniversary today and my PGB (precious grandbaby) is 5 years old today! Her Minnie Mouse party will be this Saturday. She is getting a new bicycle!

Beenie, I hope your Mom kept her appt. I know you are so concerned. I have never been one to put off a medical appt, out of fear of what the doctor may tell me. I figured out a long time ago that knowing or not knowing of a medical problem, doesn't change one thing! At least if you're informed, you can work with whatever.

Todd, I have a visual of you and your sprayer! Everybody stand back!

I've rambled on enough..... everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good Tues Morning - the sun is shining and the sky is a pretty blue and the temps just right for this time of year. Too bad I'm working and can't enjoy this one day of beauty - as the weather changes here just as you surf the tv channels - tomorrow is suppose to be rainy again - just when I thought there was hope of drying out!!

I do hope everyone has an enjoyable day and prayers for those of you who need them -
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Haven't posted in a few days. Husband had his total right hip replacement yesterday, and all went well. Today they plan to get him out of bed. Anticipate 5 days in the hospital and hopefully a transfer to
in-patient rehab there for as long as it takes to get him mobile again. He already asked the surgeon how long it will be until he can drive. For now, I will have to take him to out-patient physical therapy when he comes home. I'm just glad that I have recuperated enough to drive to and from the hospital to see him.

I'm walking around the house humming "Roll out those lazy,hazy, crazy, days of summer." Supposed to hit 90 again today, just like on Sunday when we had the christening for the new great-nephew. It was a nice party in the backyard. Too bad their pool was still covered but it is only April.

Good day to all you Cruisemates.

Leyla from Long Island
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Trip: 41 Years???????? Bruce should be put in jail for marrying a five year old girl.

Then again; he'd have been out on bail a long time ago.

Congratulations!!!!

It's a beautiful and clear day here in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. It looks like the yard work will get done today.

Todd: We are the same: If it can't fit on the tractors it doesn't get mowed or bailed. I still do the trimming around the edging and the trees but it gets a bit harder each year and if I get one more cut on my legs from the trimmer Betty will put the "For Sale" sign in the front yard.

I'm bummed that Jen and others are having pain. Nothing ruins your day more than that. I hope it abates soon.

Dar: This weekend is also my GB's birthday party. This one is the first where she invited the guests. It's six kids from her first grade class and they all are going to the Mini-Golf course near our house. Grandpa and Grandma are invited. I think it's because my Suburban can fit all six kids at one time.

I hope everyone has a great day and while you are doing the stuff you have to do, stop and take some time to do what you "want" to do.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 28th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot swfl! Trip congrats ! I thought I was married long<26years> but you have us beat

had a very long weekend and just like VTJEN had a pot luck at church where my dh and I organized, set up cooked and cleaned.He cooked burgers on the grill.

Went in our pool sunday afternoon for the very first time but its still very cold only 76 degree.

In six month I will be in Liberia Africa..wow can't wait. Trying to pay for my airticket soon half is aready paid for. This will be different then Kenya in many aspects.

Thinking to go to the beach again but I am feeling tired.

Have a great day mates!
Old April 28th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........50's here....have had a few nice days but not much........

Trip........congrats........the best to you & Bruce.......

Mike........aren't B-day parties fun????

Todd.......know what ya mean......have to check the calendar ALL the time to make sure we haven't forgotten anything......hopefully we've written things down.....

Not much going on today.....

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Oh you guys sorry for not updating you all on my Mom's situation. Evidently she does not suffer from actual dementia or alzheimers. The verdict is that she has "pseudo dementia" which I guess means she loses it when she is stressed or outside of her normal comfort zones. So nothing to do but keep an eye on her and take her back if any new symptoms should occur. I can say she certainly put up a great fight and resisted going to the Doctor with all her might.

Thanks so much for all of your concern and support.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday It Is

Good morning from dreary Southern California. The cats are piled up on Mama keeping warm. So cute! Just a big furry pile!

Still feeling rocky, so I guess the ironing will wait another day. Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny breezy Florida. We had our cookout at the park by the water yesterday afternoon. The wind nearly blew us all away, but we didn't let it stop our fun. Jake is not an outdoor type of guy, and especially when the elements aren't the greatest so he left after a quick meal. (he may have been the only smart one in the bunch. )

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TRIP AND BRUCE. I agree with the rest. You had to be a child bride!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DOUG AND MARGE too.

Beenie I'm glad your mom finally got to the doctor. Keep your eyes on her even though the doctors report didn't verify what you were thinking. I know it took quite a while for the doctor to agree that my mom had Alzheimers. When they don't spend a lot of time with someone they can be easily fooled. Mom was real good at fooling them too in the beginning.

Take care everyone. Prayers going out for those in pain and struggles.
Phyll
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Admiral

A late good morning to everyone----
Dreary in my part of CA too----kind of wish it would just rain---- we really do need it-----April showers anyone ?

Happy Anniversary Trip---gosh we just celebrated our 27th on April 17th and my b-day on the 22nd------ someone's getting old and it isn't me ??????

Wishing everyone well-- continued thoughts and prayers going out to all---
Beenie Weenin
Glad you got your mom to the doctors-----having dealt with similar issues myself-----I know how are it is

Cheers all
April
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Congratulations Bruce and Trip! Make Bruce take you some where expensiuve for supper. Heck, if Fran does it to me, you can do it to him!

Best wishes in any case!

Todd and Fran
Old April 28th, 2009, 10:03 PM
First Mate

Good Evening Mates,
Today our whole school gathered to cheer on our students who left by bus for the Special Olympics. It was wonderful to see the smiles on my little hearing impaired first grader and the two wheel chair bound boys. Those kids felt like stars as the bus rolled alway.
I think my little Moon Shadow had kittens today. I am not sure where they are except that it is outside someplace. I am curious as to how many and if they are healthy.
DH went to the DR today. He is upset that he doesn't have more energy. He will return tomorrow for blood tests.

Wishing you all the best on these last few days of April.

JOJO
Old April 29th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Admiral

JoJo,

Please keep us informed as to your hubby's situation. That was my main complaint as well and initially they thought it was that I had put on about twenty pounds. If I may ask, how old is he?

Todd