Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

View Poll Results: Confirmed Swine Flu Cases in Mexico
0 - 400 confirmed cases 6 66.67%
401 - 800 confirmed cases 2 22.22%
801 - 1200 confirmed cases 0 0%
1201 - 2000 confirmed cases 0 0%
over 2000 confirmed cases 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default SWINE FLU POLL - CONFIRMED CASES in MEXICO

How many cases of Swine Flu do you believe have been confirmed in the Swine Flu Epicenter - MEXICO by the Mexican Health Ministry?
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Administrator
Admiral

PLEASE ANSWER THE POLL QUESTION FIRST - THIS IS TO GUAGE PERCEPTION BASED ON MEDIA COVERAGE SO FAR.

THE ANSWER IS BELOW

The NUMBER OF CONFIRMED CASES OF SWINE FLU IS 397 in Mexico according to the New York Times
Old May 2nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Administrator
Admiral

The latest from Mexico is that they now believe the flu was far more widespread than originally thought (you already knew that) but they are saying the widespread flu was probably far tamer than suspected at first.

As they have received more confirmations of previous deaths, they have cut back the number of total suspected deaths from this flu from 176 to 101. Reuters )

Fewer patients with severe flu symptoms were checking into hospitals, suggesting a falling infection rate, and no new deaths were reported in Mexico City in the last two days.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Admiral

260 confirmed, hundreds of others suspected
Old May 2nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Chuck... do us a favor and be a little more clear. I think you mean 200 confirmed deaths, which is actually less than the NY Times. I just saw a Reuters article that said Mexico had scaled back to 176 confirmed and that was from May 2, 2:40 pm. I guess it could increase as more numbers come in, there was a batch of yet to be determined as follows...

Cordova said of 159 files on suspected flu deaths, tests showed 58 died of other causes. He said 16 deaths are confirmed as caused by the H1N1 flu and 85 are being tested.

It actually doesn't say they have confirmed a single additional H1N1 case at all.

In other words we are still at ONLY 16 deaths we already knew about, which for an eminent pandemic is pretty good. All eminent pandemics should be so nice