Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Wednesday Wakeup!

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Todd must still be in bed this morning so I will start the morning thread. He is getting lazy lately!! Hey sleepyhead wake up!! It is going to be a nice day here in Lakeland with a high of 90. The weatherbug says 40% chance of showers. No complaint here as we really need the rain. Yesterday I went to my Medication Administration Class to recertify. I aced the test, Yaaaaay!! Since I work for 2 different agencies I get to do it all over again today for the other one.
I was appalled and sickened over the events in Corpus Christi Texas with the developmentally disabled people. This made me so angry. I cannot understand how anyone can be so cruel. I love my work and cannot imagine hurting any one of my individuals. I hope the perpetrators are punished to the fullest extent of the law.
Have a wonderful day CruiseMates
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Captain

Good Morning Cruisenut2 and all to follow

Yes it is Wednesday, Hump Day, half way to the week-end. All is well here in SE Alabama, we should be getting more rain and the temps will be climbing back towards the 90's. Other then that it should be another beautiful day.

Well it is time to go to work and after reading about Social Security and Medicare, they need my help. So our older friends (whe will remain a secret) But we now who you are can sleep in and enjoy the relaxation that retirement brings.

You all have a Great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)

May you enjoy the four greatest blessings:
Honest work to occupy you.
A hearty appetite to sustain you.
A good woman to love you.
And a wink from the God above.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old May 13th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All from a bright and Beautiful sunny day. I love this time of year even if on the cool side, I wear Capri's and T shirts, sandles, but NO humidity. Hot I dont mind, but out summer humidity chokes me. I have woken up with a fierce headache. I think allergies have contributed to this. The car is in the shop getting that hole fixed in the bumper from that old lady at the hospital. Today I will get it back as good as new. Have a great day every one.
Old May 13th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All from stormy KS. - yep, very overcast, muggy and some off/on rain - of course I woke up with a headache due to the weather - suppose to reach the mid 80's today but there will be lots of humidity and the chance of severe storms - so not looking forward to this day.

Hope all are doing well, and I'm sending prayers everyone's way - have a great one!
Old May 13th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Captain

The sun is up and so am I! Can't believe Todd is not up and posting yet! Due to be a nice morning with rain coming in the late afternoon. It was hard to get up this morning after spending the entire day yesterday at the hospital with my Mom. She had a cath. done on her legs to see what is causing the numness. The Dr. found that she has a blockage that is the problem. We now will go back next Tues. and they will do a procedure to try and open up the one vein she has left. She did great except for the lying flat for 4 hours after the cath. When I got home I had a big surprise. Hubby had gotten home early and jumped on the lawnmower. He was able to get the yard mowed so I won't have that to do today....Yipeeeeee. He is so sweet!
Hope all have a wonderful day. Prayers going out to those in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where my first order of the day is to say
"WAKE UP TODD!!" There, I feel better now.

It's a gorgeous sunny day out there, and supposed to go up to 21C or 69F, which will be nice. Maybe we can take the kids out without jackets today.

This Wednesday is bittersweet for me. Although I love the fact that Wednesday means LOST day, tonight is the 5th season finale and then no more until who knows when. I just hope they don't make us wait till Feb. like last year! The finale better be good, because it's got to tide me over for a very long time.....

donna
Old May 13th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A bureau of tourism day here in Boston!! Now, THIS, is spring in New England!

I am taking dil, along with my Granddaughter, to get the final checkup. So, today will be the last night in his condo, and he moves on up to the big house tomorrow 5/16/09 is a nice date..I have no May birthdays. Speaking of b days..I heard on tv the other day, the term, Golden Birthday..nerver heard that before...They said it was, the birthday you turn the age of your birth date...so my b day is the 26th, so when I turned 26, that was my Golden B day...How did I love sooo long, not knowing this Oy

Make it a good one...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 13th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates! Rise and Shine Toddster! Well at least he'll know he's been missed when he finally does come around. Well the weather is rainy and yucky here, with a chance of severe rainy yucky weather with lightening mixed in. So I am glad that I worked outside yesterday and finished a lot of my planting, got the yard mowed and all of that stuff. I had lots of help with the planting. The kids came out and worked hard with me. It is really starting to look good! I need a Fuschia Rose of Sharon out by the patio and some pretty ground cover next to the stone wall of the patio. Oh and I am almost finished with the mulch aside from that I am about ready to call it done.

I am really glad I got the yard mowed. It was just needed a little haircut, so it looks good now, the grass gets long very fast down on the south end of the property which is a low spot and gets a lot more water than the rest of the yard. If I let it go too long I have a big grassy mess on my hands. I should probably mow down there twice as much as the rest of the yard.

Since we plan to leave for Holiday World tomorrow, I need to catch up on laundry today. Also I need to get the oil changed on the truck and tidy up the house a bit, and catch up on laundry. I know that I will be needing new tires on my truck this fall. I am half tempted to buy them now. I will see what the guys at the dealership think. I just don't want to get on the road and have a problem while pulling the fifth wheel. I've been there and done that. It's no fun. One of our first trips with our old fifth wheel and we thought we were headed to Canada... wrong! A bad wheel bearing took care of that . So I try really hard not to leave anything to chance.

I sometimes feel stupid for rambling on about stuff like this here, but it really does help me to compartmentalize everything that has to get done, and that way I kind of plan my day out in advance. So thanks everyone helping me get my act together lol! Also if I forget something I can come back here and see what hasn't been done yet.

So lots to do...Hope you all have a glorious day!

I think I will go take a couple of tylenol to kill this sinus headache, and start some laundry...oh joy!

Old May 13th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Okay folks, I'm still alive. BUT.....I didn't oversleep. As a matter of fact my fine ocean travel friends, I decided at approximately 0300 darktime EDT that I was going to let all of you'uns sleep in this morning. I decided I'm going to be more like Irish......lay back like a hungry crocodile enveloped by reeds and when the time is ripe..................STRIKE! So have no fear "my little pretties," before the dawn I am out there, lurking quietly..... reading.....waiting............................... ...

I have today at Noon, my next to last Humane Society meeting as President. While I am extremely proud of how the organization has progressed over the past six years of my Presidency (we have by far the best staff in 22 years and the finest Board of Directors in our history), I am exhausted mentally (which undoubtedly is a result of my lack of basic cognitive ability ). I am also thankful that even though the economy has crashed, we have a local investment broker who is a wizard and while yes we've lost an awful lot of money as has everyone else, we remain in good shape financially. We also currently enjoy the overwhelmingly largest and more importantly, most committed group of volunteers with which the organization has ever been blessed.

My last meeting next month will be the first Wednesday of the month as opposed to the second because on the second Wednesday of next month we'll be on our way to New York.... FOR OUR NINE NIGHT CARIBBEAN CRUISE ON THE EXPLORER OF THE SEAS!!!!!!

I will still of course remain involved (I must even remain a member of the Executive Board as the Past President) and will continue to write (probably until the week I die) my newspaper column which the editor has informed me is mine alone, entitled Animal Talk.

The success our organization has achieved is due not to any skill on my part (I consider myself nothing more than a cheer leader), but to our outstanding group of Board members and staff of employees who have supported me through thick and thin.

Well, I gotta' get some paperwork done. Prayers continue for all of you who are on the list plus Blessings upon everyone. Have a fantastic Hump Day everybody.

Todd
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a blah day here in the land of 10,000 mosquitoes per square foot. The look of the day goes along with the tiredness I still have but I'm functioning. It reminds me of the days when the docs had me gorked out on anti-seizure medication. Oh well: It will be taken care of soon.

I spent last night doing Kitty physical therapy. My SIL is visiting. The purpose of her visit was to have my daughter repair her cat's patella and tendon. The problem has been that since the cat has been released from the hospital to our house my SIL has not been working with the cat or making him walk. So, last night I got the cat out of the closet and we did some range of motion and a bit of walking. After a half hour of work he is now doing much better. Now my SIL needs to do it everyday to keep it up.

There is nothing major on the agenda for today. I think I will catch up on a few TV shows and just kick back.

BW: A good rule of thumb is: "If you think you need new tires, you probably do."

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Captain

Hello to everyone. Haven't posted here in a long time but finally settled in more/less to the new job and things aren't quite as hectic now.

Big news is we're building a house! Never considered building a new one but when we looked in to it, it's not really that much more than buying one that has already been lived in. It has been fun picking out our own stuff for it and watching the building process. It's a great time to buy...Locked into a 4.5 pct interest rate, builders paid almost all closing and we get a check for eight grand from the government upon closing to say thanks for buying a new house during bad times....Tough to beat right now.

Hope everyone is doing well. Beenie can't you keep this weather on your side of the state? lol...I need to mow bad and I'm off next three days!! Have fun on your trip...Where is Holiday World anyway?

Also, just wondering...Has anyone here ever sailed on RCI Enchantment of the Seas? Thinking about doing a five day on it in Sep if prices remain reasonable but don't know for sure yet..thanks.
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Mike good point... I called around and the best deal I could find was $921, ranging up to $1,400... it still beats having to be stranded on the side of the road.

Ready I don't want that weather either, but hey thats one thing neither of us control darn it. You have to check out Holiday World. It's south if you, in Santa Claus, IN it is the nicest theme park around... ever! The Enchantment is a great ship! We sailed her a few years ago after they stretched her. She happens to be one of Dave the Wave's favorites and he's sailed her about a half a bizillion times. My only complaint with her, is they limit her to 5 day itineraries. You will have a very nice time! BTW congrats on your new home!!!

Old May 13th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Wakeup

Good morning from Southern California. Still overcast. I see a pair of black feral kittens looking in the window at me as I type.

Ah yes, memories of midwest mowing . . . I remember it well! It's a good thing Keith and I don't live there anymore, because you wouldn't be able to see the house for the grass and weeds.

RD, I sympathize! Only two more sessions of DWTS, then nothing until September.

We had a nice time yesterday touring the 10,000 sq.ft. Pasadena Showcase House. No matter where the house is located, they always use the Rose Bowl for parking. The little jitney that transported us to the house crossed town the same way we did. Oh well, it was a nice ride.

I see the oncologist late this afternoon, then chemo tomorrow.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Good morning all, Carole and I are off to our Baltic cruised so it is a good day. I am not looking forward to the airport or flying but I do look forward to London and the Jewell of the seas. Take care, Mike
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Passenger

Hello to all, posting just in time to still be Wednesday here in Northern Illinois... Major thunderstorm rolled through about an hour ago and luckily no major damage, just some tree limbs blown all over. It was a wicked storm. Beenie, it is okay to ramble, I am a list-maker to keep my self organized.