Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2009, 07:31 AM
First Mate

Default "Up in the Mornin' with the Rising Sun....."

I hope I am OK starting this thread today since I am a rookie, but I am up, bored, and looking for something to do.

Todd and a few of the others will probably recognize the words from the title, which will undoubtably bring back pleasant memories of running around the base with rifles at port arms.

How far?

All the way !

Ah, memories......

Well, it promisies to be a warm day here in central Connecticut, with temps around 80, cooler near the shore. I am a bachelor for a couple of days, as Mrs. S is in Ogunquite ME with our daughter and grand daughter on a girls only week end. I will be driving up there myself Sunday early to take them all to breakfast, and then Mrs. S and I will spend a day there ourselves. It's one of our favorite places.

In the menatime, I have a full day to kill, and am not sure how to do it. I will probably end up puttering around the condo, and maybe a bit outside.

So I hope all of you have a good day doing something fun.

Continued best wishes and prayers to all.

Sid1962
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Sid,
Nice to see you opening the day! Going to be a warmer day here, and finally some sun in Beantown...enough with the gloom!

I am off to work, and will have fun merchandising today... Bruce is off to Logan, to get a new puppy. It's coming in from Dallas, Since I am the name maven, I get to name the poochie It's only been a few weeks since Remy passed away..He is still grieving, so this new one will put a smile on his face...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 30th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Captain

Good Morning Sid and all CM's to follow

Yes it a fine Saturday morning to be up at the "Break of the Day" Not a lot planned today except my "Honey-Do-List" I am sure that a lot of you understand the list. This afternoon I have the pleasure of being a chaperon for the kids from our Parrish's CYO party. Although both of our boys are in their mid 20' I am married to our Parrish Director of Religious Eduction, hence the honor.

Other then the above activities nothing else but to relax and enjoy this beautiful Southern weekend. No Rain

Well you all have a Great Alabama Day!

Irish 8)

May the grass grow long
on the road to hell for want of use.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Captain

The sun is finally showing it's face this morning. I got a good nights sleep for a change. Seems I have a pinched nerve in my back causing me much pain. Can't get into the Dr. until next week, so I just have to tough it out unti then.
If the rain holds out today I will be at the ballpark watching my grandaughter play T-Ball. They have had more games rained out than they have played. Hope to also get the yard mowed, it is in need of it. Seems all the rain is doing nothing but helping it grow and fast.
Prayers to all those in need and a good day to all.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 30th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Sid, Trip and Irish! and of course to all my wonderful CruiseMates to follow. Congrats Sid on starting your first morning thread! Trip I know you are on pins and needles waiting on your next baby (a furry one this time). Irish good luck to you with lip lock patrol lol.

I just sent the guys out the door. d/h is dropping d/s off at the ball park for practice and he is off to get a haircut. I have finally formulated a final plan for the capstone to the retaining wall that makes up our patio. After spending the last few days hunting materials, I finally have everything I need aside from a little more adhesive to get the stones to stick right where I want them. I found some Tennesee Blue Flagstone and some Pennsylvania Green/Lavender Flagstone couple with slate rocks to make a nice pattern if they don't have to put me into traction before I finish. After working on it a while, it take 10 or 15 minutes for me to straighten and walk upright again. But it looks good. So lots of work to do this weekend, I am hopeful I will get it done quickly, but it probably will take a while. I just went out and threw some shock in the pool. D/H promised he'd mow the yard today. woohoo! I will likely head to town later to buy some more landscape adhesive. as I don't think I bought enough. I thought six tubes would do it, but obviously not. I just went out and looked over yesterday's work.
Well not much else here to report. I am just thrilled the weather is nice. Once d/d wakes up she can go out and water the flowers.

Hope you all have a great weekend and get the chance to stop and smell the roses. Good advice given to me yesterday, thought I'd pass it along.

Old May 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............temps in the high 70's maybe even low 80's.......I'll take it.....summer is here!!!

Not much going on today........

Trip........enjoy the new furry baby.........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old May 30th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Good morning everyone----
A bit cloudy out here in my part of CA--but it should clear up and be a very nice day---nicer if I didn't have to go to work--- :o

Take care--continued prayers and positive thoughts
Cheers with the last of my morning coffee
April
Old May 30th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Admiral

good morning from New Orleans...feeling alot better these days..tonight we are going to the Fats Domino Tribute featuring Chuck Berry, Little Richard, B.B. King, Taj Majal, Keb Mo, Wyclef Jean and Ozomatl

To prepare for this event, I had blueberry pancakes for breakfast and played Fat's hit "Blueberry Hill" 8) 8) 8)
Old May 30th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Default "Up in the Morning with the Rising Sun . . . "

Good morning from Southern California. Still gloomy out there . . .

Sid, nice to see a new person start the morning thread.
Trip, enjoy the new puppy.

Keith and I stayed up late to watch the last Jay Leno show. Maybe we'll get to see him more often when he's on at 10 p.m. in the Fall.

Have a nice day . . .

Judy
Old May 30th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Beenie
I hope you told D/H to use a local barber. If he heads for our favorite barber Marteen in Cozumel you won't get much help with the stone work this weekend.

I think I need a haircut. 8)
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old May 30th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Now that the day is over, I guess "Retreat" would be now more appropriate.
A great big Welcome and Thank-you to Sid for opening up this morning. I think it's great when someone new joins our little group.

Have been running since early this morning and didn't even check in until late this afternoon.

My "honey do" list consisted primarily of taking Fran to Johnson City, first to have coffee and a french roll at Atlanta Bread and then on to Petsmart for our feline children (since we're going on our cruise and they can't come with us, they are getting really top shelf stuff while we're gone (so much so in fact, they'll probably growl at us when we return and they learn the days of "Wine and Fancy and Fancy Feast" will be over)), followed by a stop at Bed Bath and Beyond for the K-cups for our coffee machine.

Immediately upon returning home, it was onto the Husqvarna lawn tractor to cut the grass which I wanted to do earlier in the week but The Good Lord had thought it best to water it instead. Even though I have more weeds than grass, when it's cut it looks like a golf course....well, maybe not that good but it's pretty enough. I'll just sit in the sunroom and gaze out over the "south forty" toward the mountains. It is certainly an idyllic scene.

Hope everyone had a marvelous day!

Todd
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Admiral

Scurvy, we won't get back to Coz until November darn it! But I still didn't get much help with the stone work.

D/H did as Todd did and got on the trusty Husqvarna and killed a blade by running over a stump. Unfortunately d/h doesn't mow often enough to get the lay of the land (and stumps) so I generally lay a wager on what he will destroy when he mows. Luckily we had a spare blade out in the barn.

Good news, the mice population has been greatly reduced out in the barn, the bad news is that they seem to have moved over to the neighbors house. Ooooops!
Coincidence? Probably Not. Sorry neighbors.

I think I am about 1/3 of the way done with my stonework and I have some seed to plant around the edge of the retaining wall and I will be finito benito! I'll have to take some pictures of the production when it is done.

See you all tomorrow!!!

Old May 30th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Good evening from sunny, Virginia Beach. I was up and adam this morning because there was a neighborhood garage sale not too far from the house. (I do love neighborhood sales because you use less gas and all the homes running sales are in a short area) I had fun taking advantage of the bargains! Then, Rob and I went to Lowes to buy varnish for the deck which was recently power cleaned. We had a nice lunch at a Japanese buffet and relaxed this afternoon. (Rob is still getting over something he picked up from the flight back from the Netherlands-the air just doesn't circulate on an airplane). Trip, what did you name your new dog?
Old May 30th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Admiral

Hey Sid, yes, we can only "hope" to be a batchelor for a day or two while our "better" half runs the world. Have fun friend.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.