Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:52 AM
First Mate
Default "Wednesday morning papers didnt come......"

...and that was a line from the Beatles "Lady Madonna" to start the day....

...and great Wednesday morning to all the Lady Madonnas out there, and the guy madonnas as well....just joshing....

...looks to be a fairly decent day here in central Connecticut, with the chance of a shower later....

...we are still catching up on laundry from our week end, so there won't be too much going on today....we may just take a ride later to get out of the house....stop for a cup of Dunkin's best, maybe even iced....since Mrs. S does the laundry, I will try and work on some photos.....and be on call when she calls - which is often.....

...so prayers to all and wishes to all for a great day....

Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:12 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates! Sid, great job opening the morning thread! Well yesterday was a whirlwind of actvity. Didn't think it would be so busy, but remembered that not only did d/d have softball, but d/s had karate.
Well d/d drew first blood last night at the game. She was playing catch with one of her team mates and hit her right in the nose with the ball. It was pathetic. We had one little girl who was crying because she got hurt and blood was pouring out of her nose, then once we got the bleeding stopped, the other little girl was crying because she hurt her team mate.

Once the drama was over, the game was great. The little girls played their hearts out and it was very entertaining. So aside from the bloody nose and skinned knee, everything was great .

These girls are tough.

Today, I need to make a few appointments for d/h to go to the dentist. I also need to book a follow up for the kids to have sealant applied to their permanent teeth, so they last a long time.

D/S is supposed to have a ball game tonight, but I doubt it will happen. Rain is in the forecast. I could really use a night off, if the Good Lord sees fit. Since d/h is now in charge of mowing the grass, I really don't mind a little more rain today .

Well I need to catch up on laundry and clean up my house a bit. Hope you all have a great day!

Oh, Happy Anniversary to Skymaster and the Lovely Mrs. Jones!!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:12 AM

Good Morning Mates,

Looks like we could have some sun today - not sure that the temps will rise too much - but a girl can hope!

Yesterday I did get a lot accomplished - Yeah! Went to office, came home, had a chance to do a little laundry, picked up the downstairs, and entertained my friend who is in from NYC. Then got back to paperwork for Church, and worked until after 9 pm. This morning I got up, finished my at-home portion, and now will be getting ready to go in, and hopefully, work and get it all done by a respectable mid-afternoon mark.
Would love to get in a walk, then puree something for dinner, then head to Bible Study.

Nothing new or fun here at to report on. Just trying to get thru and get caught up as much as possible.

Wishing all you Mates, a very fine day.
NCL DreamCarnival Victory
Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:28 AM

Sid, thanks for that great opening line, and I'm glad you identified it, because although I recognized it as a lyric, I couldn't quite place it!

The sun is shining here in Montreal this morning, but it's struggling to get over 11C (51F). I heard yesterday that we're not expected to have any REAL summer weather until July and August.
I was hoping to unpack my cruise stuff and put it in the drawers to wear all summer, but I still need pants and sweaters!

Last night I worked on loading and re-sizing photos, so hopefully I can can get started on my cruise review.
Wishing my Mates a good "Hump Day", and remembering this time last week I was on a beach in Antigua......

Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:32 AM

The nightly storms are gone with cooler temps here this morning. Sun is trying to shine with predictions of more rain later in the day.
It was a sleepless night for me. This pinched nerve is getting on my nerves now! Can't get comfortable and the only sleep is when I take the drugs, which I am not crazy about. Hope they find the root of the cause with the MRI.
Beanie, hope d/d is ok after her first ball accident. As you said those little girls are tough when they have to be.
I will be taking my grandaughter to the 3rd of 5 days of soccer camp around 11. She is having so much fun at the daily camp. It only for 1 1/2 hrs each day but they get a lot out of these kids in that time. She is learning a lot which is good. She really likes playing soccer and her tball. Guess I have a tomboy (just like her mom was)!
A good day to all mates. Prayers to those in need.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:37 AM

Oh Sue yes, d/d is OK. I should clarify. D/D was the cause of the accident, not the victim. She threw the ball that hit the other little girl in the nose.

The kid throws a ball very hard for a 6 year old. I felt terrible for the little girl.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:20 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............we might reach 90 today!!!! That is really strange for us.......80's for the rest of the week.......I can handle it......

Should be nice this weekend for cruises leaving........& returning........

No rain in sight.....all is good.......

Happy anniversary Kent & Vita!!!!!! Many more...........

Y'all have a good day......

Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Default Wednesday Morning Papers Didn't Come . . .

I'd better go out there and look . . .

Good morning from sunny Southern California.

Still working on my "to do" list, but I'm half way through. I have to go to the blood lab this afternoon for a white count check. Keith has a dr's appt., as well.

Have a good day!

Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM

Good afternoon from hot, hot, hot, Virginia Beach. Yes, Sid, I am of the babyboomer generation when the Beatles were the best music group around! How it brings back some wonderful memories of my high school days in Teaneck, New Jersey. Oh how the world was a lot simpler and kinder then. Today I am staying in the house until I have to go to work; at my age I am less tolerant of the heat. May all my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful day.