Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Default Easy Like Sunday Morning

gee, it's really bad if I have to be the one that opens the good morning thread

greetings from New Orleans..nice weather,low humidity, take my 5 mile walk...breakfast with my best friend to catch up on our weekly networking about hearing about her husband who is station in Afghanastan and looked out for my son..church..then finish cataloging my 700 + Jazz CD collection
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Ah, and a gorgeous morning it is here as well, Venice.

Five mile walk? Are you right in the head, boy? Why, I have trouble walking a block!

I've been on O2 for going on three years. I never thought I probably needed it all that badly and as I've oft said, refuse to use it in public. When I went on Medicare, they wouldn't accept just a physician's prescription so I had to wear an oximeter for a couple of days. I thought, "Oh boy, now maybe I'll get rid of those damned tanks! Well when I meandered around behind the house for five minutes with my portable unit on and looked down and the readout on the oximeter was 86, I figured, "No son, you're married to this thing for the duration." Turned out I was right. As I said to the tech when he picked everything up, "Four to five packs a day for well over forty years will get you every time!" One pack of which I'll quickly add, now will set you back about $11.00 in Manhattan. That's right, one pack of cigarettes now costs in the neighborhood of $11.00! And people are complaining they have to pay 6 bucks for a high ball on a cruise ship?

So now when we go to Wally world I either hang on by pushing the basket or sit down while Fran runs up and down the aisles. Following my first coronary in '98, Fran got me an expensive treadmill to help me lose weight and build up my stamina. All that money and it didn't do diddly for me. Then a few months ago I actually learned I was supposed to actually get on it for it to do any good! 'Reckon we all learn somethin' new every day, don't we? Maybe one of these mornings I'll plug it in and try it out.
'Til then, guess I'll just go from park bench to park bench when we're in the "flat land touristy areas" as my pal Snuffy Smith, says.

Simple menu today if ever there was one (and the last one we'll be preparing for over three weeks........Fran cheered when she figured that our, I'll tell you). We're gonna' have tossed salad with home made garlic/sour cream dressing, grilled Delmonico steaks, baked potato with butter and sour cream, broccoli forets dressed with butter and southern style yeast rolls. Dessert will be sliced fresh strawberries that have sat in a bowl with a sprinkling of powdered sugar on them before being served topped with a mountain of whipped cream. Simple but as the late Justin' Wilson from down Venice's way used to say, "I guarrrronteeee!"

'Reckon that's the last Sunday menu for awhile. I'm taking the better half out to a pre vacation dinner tomorrow night. I would have this afternoon, but them good 'ol boys are a'runnin at Pocono today.

Prayers continue for all, with a special mention for Delft, and Blessings upon all 'o you'uns!

Todd

Todd
Old June 7th, 2009, 08:10 AM
First Mate

..and a good New England morning to all......the sun is up here in central Connecticut, and the day holds the promise of being a nice one, until later on this afternoon when showers are predicted to move in, and hang around for at least a day.....

Venice, excellent choice on the lyric for today...earlier in the week, I was toying with a line or so from "Sunday Mornin' Coming Down", but then thought it was a bit depressing....although I will admit there were some days, a good many years ago, when I did have a beer for breakfast....and cold pizza....ah, youth....

...then I slept in today, and what with breakfast and reading the paper.......

...today I will go to Lowes to buy a package of small screw eyes, then will use a couple to put a wire on a framed picture of mine so as to be able to mount it....it's a picture of a cardinal on the edge of a bird bath...a friend of mine sent it to me....using Adobe, I kept the cardinal red, and changed to rest of the picture to black and white.....it's matted with a whiote mat, and the frame itself is black wood....11x14.....

...then I think I will move one of the rain gutters that we have so that water doesn't overflow when it rains heavily....it's at the junction of 2 roofs, and the water rushes down the valley and is just too much volume to be taken into the gutter when the gutter guards are there....we already have permission from the condo board to do so....

....and some brats on the grill along with the left over potato salad for dinner.....after that we may just take a ride someplace...

Todd, bon voyage....enjoy the cruise......

Continued good wishes and prayers to all......

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 7th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Good mornin' Mates. Looks like a nice, quiet, peaceful day around the Jones household today. We got our sod finished just in time for one of our afternoon thundershowers, so all is well.
Hope all my "Mates" have a wonderful day.

Ken
"SKY"
Old June 7th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates! Today is our 12th Anniversary so we have much to be thankful for and we always reflect back and count our blessings. The years have been kind to us and hope our good luck continues. Life is good!

Tomorrow is hubby's birthday and so we'll need to do something special to celebrate the occasion with him. I haven't quite thought it all out yet but I will eventually get something in the works. It may be hard though since he has to work and d/s has a ball game at 6:00. Busy day!

D/H is making Oma Pancakes (crepes) and bacon for breakfast. This afternoon looks like we'll head into town and have lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and take the kids to see the movie "UP". Should be fun.

Venice good to see you posting this morning, Great thread title.

Todd, I hope you have your best cruise ever. I know looking forward to this cruise has been the inspiration that has kept you going during the tough times. Now the time has come. You've earned this trip. Enjoy it!

Well I am off to help d/h with breakfast. Hope you all have a great day. Delft, take care sweety and get well soon. Things just aren't the same here without you.

Old June 7th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates, still from beautiful Ouray, CO. Ahhhhhh

We have been here for a little over a week and still exploring those small, lesser traveled roads. Yesterday's travels had us on a County Road leading back to the National Forest and it passed through 7 miles of the Double RL Ranch. Curiousity had me, so I came back and Googled it and found that it is owned by Ralph and Ricky Lauren. This particular ranch is just outside Ridgeway, CO. I could enjoy something like that!

Today will be our last day here, as tomorrow we will hitch up and head a little further north, to Gunnison, for a few days. We will start our day with a light breakfast and then church. After that we will wash my truck! We have been on so many dirt roads, it was pointless to wash it until ready to leave. I also may take time to do laundry this evening.

Todd, have a wonderful cruise! Looking forward to a full report when you return!

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 7th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the nice weather continues. It's 15C now, and only going up to 19C or 66F, which is not warm enough, but good at least for the gardening/weeding I have to do today!

It's been a quiet weekend of finishing the unpacking from the cruise, and changing over the closets and drawers for the summer, as well as housework and yardwork.
I ended up with 4 extra loads of laundry last night when we went out for dinner and our "houseguest" (my dog's best friend who we're babysitting) peed on our bed! He is a bit neurotic about being left home alone, and it's the first time he's done something like this. His "mother" is going to be horrified when she hears about it!

I spent the evening working on Part 1 of my review, after spending much of the last week re-sizing and trying to post photos.
Hopefully it will go much faster now that most of the pics are in the gallery and I can write and insert them quickly!

Todd, will you be able to read and post here while you're gone? If not, you'll have to check them out when you get back!

donna
Old June 7th, 2009, 12:00 PM
First Mate

RD,

I just noticed that your countdown counter say HAL Constellation. Constellation is a Celebrity ship....and if that is the one you are sailing, you will love it! Be sure to check out Perry Grant in Michael's club.

Old June 7th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Default Easy Like Sunday Morning

Easy, it is . . . newspaper reading, the aroma of coffee.

Darlene, thanks for posting about your trip. It sounds like pure Americana.

Todd, that's a feast!

Sid, leftover potato salad? Mmmm!

Have a good day!

Judy
Old June 7th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Admiral

R/D,

I intend to purchase the 150 minute package (at least I THINK it's the 150 minute package that I get..... I forget...CRS shows it's ugly head at my age, you know) and yes I'll be posting. But at the price of minutes all my "perusing" will be done with rapidity until I get back to New York, then I'll have no problem. Rest assured I'll have a comprehensive and unbiased review upon my return.

Todd