Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Captain

Default It's Wednesday

Good Morning CM's

Yes it is Wednesday, hump day and that means that the week is half way over, Yea.

Not much going on here, I did book another cruise on the Miracle. We really had a ball on the Miracle and can't wait to go back.

Well I have to head out the door and report to work.

Y'all have a great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)

Todd I was wondering if you really kicked Fran out of bed to start the day or did you wake her up like I wake my better half.....with a cup of coffee?

May there be a generation of children
on the children of your children.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Irish,

And a "Happy Hump Day" to you as well my good friend.

I'll answer your question Irish by only saying that (A), I'm married to a New York Italian and (B), I'm still alive, aren't I?

Well, gotta' get Fran another fresh cup of coffee (Whoops! Gave away the answer to Irish's question) back on the road and get to New York.

Prayers for those on the list with special mention of Delft and Blessings on everyone!

TDD
Old June 10th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Sounds like Irish, Todd & Fran have already hit the ground running. I am close to it but still need another cuppa before I swing into high gear. Well I am taking advantage of a rainy morning to get some of my work done, The house really needs a good cleaning and tomorrow I will spend the day getting ready for our city wide Garage Sale. I am hoping to unload a bunch of stuff I no longer need and hope to find it a new home.
I am also gearing up for our reunion Saturday. I dropped off a dress at the cleaners yesterday. If it looks OK I will wear it, otherwise I will throw something else together. But I am not buying anymore clothes. My closets look like a tick ready to burst. I intend to go through a bunch of stuff I have stored in the garage and get rid of it. I don't know how we do it. It amazes me that we can accumulate so much stuff we don't need. The kids are going to clean out their rooms today and give me some stuff of theirs they no longer need so they can liquidate a few of their assets too. I will probably get rich off of d/h's clothes .
I was supposed to meet d/h at Benihana for lunch today in Indy, but I think we'll postpone it until next week. When I don't have so much on the go.
I just looked at my calendar and there are no games tonight. So we can relax. I think I will grill out BBQ ribs if the weather straightens up. Otherwise we'll come up with something else.
Delft, you're once more in my thoughts and prayers this morning. Hope to hear an update on you soon. Hang tough!

Haven't heard much on Helen lately, but I am sure Ray would keep us in the loop if there was a problem. So I am figuring she must be responding well to his loving care.

Hope you all have a great hump day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 10th, 2009, 08:43 AM
First Mate

...and gooood morning CM-er's !!!!!!!!

..still cloudy here in the Nutmeg state, but it promises to be better as the day unfolds.....

...Mrs. S and I are planning a day trip this Friday to Deerfield Mass. the home of Yankee Candle....we hope to poke around the place for awhile, then have lunch at Chandler's, a restuarant on the premisies, and then drive around to see the historic homes in Deerfield....it's about 1.5 hours away....and Mrs. S has a Yankee Candle gift certificate....soooooo....

Todd, I imagine that you are getting the pre-cruise itch and want to be on board ASAP.....I know the feeling....we always say we have plenty of time to get to the dock and board, but inevitably we get there early.....enjoy the City if you are going there today...

....best wishes and prayers to allll

Question of the Day: What ever happened to all the hoopla about the Octomom?

Be good all.....

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 10th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning Todd, Irish, Beenie, and all the "Mates" to follow. A quiet morning around the Jones household too. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) is still in bed, sipping the coffee I took her a few minutes ago. (Yep, she too is Italian, born in Sicily, raised in the Bronx, and now the lovely Mrs. Jones).
Glad to hear you booked "Miracle' again Irish. That's one of our favorite sips. We always have a WONDERFUL cruise aboard "Miracle".
Got to run, but hope all my Mates have a great day. God bless those in need.

Ken
"SKY"
Old June 10th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,
Rainy, again, and cool.
I am sitting here wondering why no one gets me coffee in the am...obviously I am doing something wrong.

Irish - Congratulations - on booking a Miracle Cruise!

BW - I have no answer to your question...we all seem to amass way more than necessary for living.

As to Octomom - I thought I read somewhere she has signed for a reality tv show - but don't quote me as I really wasn't paying attention and can't remember where I saw it - it could have been in a magazine or on the web, or maybe it was on a tv show.
I am sure if you went to tmz.com you could find out.

Off to work in a bit, then to a hair appt. then back to work. I would really much rather crawl back into bed!

Hope everyone has a good day. Hope Delft is back with us again soon. I am missing her!
Old June 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I am achy and dozy this morning, I don't know why, since I slept well.....
Maybe it's the cold weather when it should be warm! It's only 14C this morning, (57F) and that's WAY too cold for June!

Work is moving slow this week....I'm waiting for the weekend when hopefully it will warm up a little!
We had a big 40th birthday celebration for a co-worker at yesterday's staff meeting, and on Friday we will have our annual end-of-the-year Staff Dinner
at a restaurant. Which doesn't mean the year is over, just that the school year is almost over, and we will move into our Summer Program very soon.

Since I've already taken my vacation, I will be working the whole summer, but I don't mind because they won't need snowsuits, and we get to play at the park every day!

donna
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
This weather is giving me agita, and, Iwant the sun..this is June !!
My dance card is empty, no errands to run, I have a good book ready to start, but i think I will work on some jewelry designs....soooooooo

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 10th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default It's Wednesday

A quick good morning from Southern California. Somebody forgot to tll the sun to get up!

I have to shove off in a while to go for the first round of radiation and then an errand.

Have a good day, people!

Judy
Old June 10th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........temps still in the mid 70's.....I'll take it.......still no rain in sight.........

Not much going on today.....

Todd.......have a safe trip & enjoy the cruise.........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old June 10th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Admiral

It's wednesday, and I can't believe that I only have two more working days before I retire.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old June 10th, 2009, 01:36 PM
First Mate

Greetings Mates,
We had an early wake up. DH went to get an MRI at 7:20. His other choice was a 6 am tomorrow. We will get the results tomorrow afternoon.
I am also waiting for the sun to shine a bit brighter. Our lawn needs to be mowed.
Have a nice hump day. Our prayers continue for Delt and all others in need.

jojo