Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Come fly with me:)

Have any of you joined the Spirit Air Club, for a yearly fee of $39.00? On GMA this am, they showed a deal from NYC to Fll for $13.00!

Every once in a while I get emails with, with flights for $9.00, but, from Boston, the destination cities are none that I ever need or want...

So, have you flown on the cheap like this, and or joined the club, and how was it?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Admiral

Yes I am a member of the $9 fare club and we once the four of us flew from Chicago to Florida and back for about $150 total. I make a point of checking their website daily and they really dohave some great deals if the timing is right. There is another new carrier called Jet America, by the same folks who brought us the now defunct Skybus. The deal with them is they sell the first 9 seats on every flight for $9. I was able to buy four tickets from South Bend, IN to Newark for our October cruise, and got a great deal for $98 total. I just happened to get the $9 seats and the rest was surcharges and taxes. I intend to book the return flight through them as soon as booking opens for November or perhaps through Spirit if they have a killer deal.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 18th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Admiral

We are also members of the $9 dollar fare club @ Spirit.

We flew to St. Maarten with them,,,but not for $9 But it was a reduced price compared to the other airlines I checked.

They do have some great deals if you check on their $9 fare club site.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old June 19th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

This is not a club to join but a website. I got this from "Good Morning America" It is where the airlines put the specials that they do not advertise. I have never used the specials but I get the newsletter and there are some great deals to be had. I am not sure that I can put the link but the name of the page is Air Fare Dig. If you need the link just email me. I will happily provide it for you.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain