Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Tuesday Morning Sunrise

Good Morning CruiseMates! It is another warm one here in Lakeland. It is just 5:00am and already 85. I am off today so it looks like a day at the pool. Maybe a trip to the mall for a walk where it is cool.
I must be adjusting to Florida heat. Yesterday I sat all day in an cool classroom attending a class for my job. When the class was over I stepped out into 97 degrees and welcomed the warmth!! I had been chilly in the classroom and the heat felt good.
Have a wonderful day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Today is supposed to be much like yesterday... hot & humid. We sat outside for 3 hours watching d/s's ballgame. We had a few minor injuries. But I think it will be OK. D/S is really starting to get the knack of it. He is doing so well. Mom is proud!
We've continued schoolwork even though everyone else is taking time off right now. I want to make sure that we are covering lessons completely without leaving anything out. Funny I thought the kids would object, but strangely they seem to be enjoying it. I found this Math program that d/s can do online. He sits down and takes a test and based on his answers it determines what material he needs to work on and then tailors it to fill whatever his weaknesses are.
D/D is very strong on math, but we've been working on her reading skills and she is starting to really get the hang of it now. So it's all good. I love her big toothless smile when she gets it right.

Things here are pretty quiet. Kids are still sleeping. D/H is on his way to Bloomington for work today. D/D has a game later today. I hope it cools down a little. Over where they play it is full sun and very hot with no shade.

Not much else happening here. Things are quiet. Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where it looks like summer has officially arrived.
Highs today and tomorrow in the high 20sC, which is 80'sF, and about time!
Best part is, it looks like tomorrow will be hot'n humid and I have a day off to spend at my sister's pool!

Laura, I know what you mean about air conditioning. We have ac at work, and I am so glad to go outdoors with the kids sometimes, just to get warm!

BW, sounds like you and the kiddies are enjoying an idyllic summer.

I'm off early this morning for an eye appointment. I have been noticing lately that I just can't read as well as before with my old glasses, so I guess it's time for an upgrade!
Have a nice day everyone....

donna
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I see we have a number of "cold" blooded folks on the boards. I don't fall into that category. I am not a fan of extreme heat. Today will be 95+ and I will have the air on inside the house and I will hope for a break in the heat. Upper 60's and low 70's are perfect for me. It's probably why I love Alaskan cruises and have no desire to move to the heat of the south. I've tried it and I didn't like it. You can always put on a sweater but there is a limit on how many clothes you can take off.

BTW: My wife falls into the "cold blooded" category. She loves warm and muggy weather. To her, high humidity, feels like "silk" on her skin. She's a strange woman but I still love her.

Today will consist of removing pictures and other "stuff" from the walls and spackling. This is in preparation for the "whole house" painting that will start next Monday. My nephew is doing the entire house. Depending on the smell I may or may not continue to reside here during the painting.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday and that you have wonderful rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It was pretty at 6:30 - by 7:30 it was dark and dreary, and it certainly isn't hot. If RD is having nice weather in Montreal - less than 2 hours to the west, it seems odd we are having such a miserable time of it. Maybe tomorrow 8)

Was up and at 'em early. Having 3 friends for lunch. Blueberry Soup, Salad, bread and Lemon bars - a summer luncheon, sans the sun.

The table is set. Will pop out to get some pretty flowers in a moment.

The food is all ready - all is good.

Don't look behind the bedroom doors tho
Yesterdays allergies and acid reflux flare up didn't allow me to bend and clean and fold clothes as I had planned - hoping to get to some if it this afternoon.

I really need some good weather to get out there and do windows, dead head some plants and transplant all my house plants - maybe this weekend.

Hope you all enjoy your hot sunny day - I'll stay cool for you.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
First Mate

Good Morning Mates,
Today is our second day of warm sunshine in a row. It felt good to finally need the air conditioner yesterday.
I am off to take our dog to be groomed. Luckily, she lives about a mile away so it is handy.
It is stepdaughter's Birthday today and I need to tutor.

Enjoy!!
jojo
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........mid 70's for today.......then back to the 60's for a few days........oh well........

Laura...........a/c will do that........

Mike.......how fun to have to remove everything........don't smell TOO much of the paint..........don't wanna be giddy........

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning. I just got home from medical appointments and so on and will work from home today. I am HOT! And the air conditioning is going full blast. I dont mind heat, I cannot tolerate at all humidity and it is that right now.I got me some shingles, and it is painful and heat seems to make it worse. Jen, my bedroom looks great, especially since I have a walk in closet with a wonderful door that closes! Have a great lunch!
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning Sunrise

Good morning from Southern California.

Nothin' goin' on here. Just wanted to say hi.

VtJen, have a nice luincheon.
Mike, happy painting.

Judy
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from bright and sunny, Virignia Beach. I haven't been on Cruisemates for over a week since I really got behind in everything. Now, it's wonderful to be caught up on errands and chores. Last Friday I went to the Virginia Beach Boardwarlk Art Show, which runs every year, for four days, during Father's Day Weekend. Those the prices were high, I did manage to pick up a small original piece of artwork. One can never have enough artwork! I am still sticking with my routine of going to the gym four days a week. For any of my fellow cruisemates, who do not exercize, I suggest doing so; you will feel a whole lot better both mentally and physically! Here's to a wonderful Tuesday to all my fellow cruisemates.