CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   USA men's soccer team beats 1# ranked Spainsh team (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/365598-usa-mens-soccer-team-beats-1-ranked-spainsh-team.html)

katlady June 24th, 2009 08:40 PM

USA men's soccer team beats 1# ranked Spainsh team
 
That's right the USA men's team will be in the final of the Confederations Cup. This is the first final I have ever seen the USA play in and I have watched soccer my whole life. This was an amazing game. USA will play the winner of the Brasil VS. South Africa game being played tomorrow. The final game will be played on ESPN at 2:30 PM Eastern time and 11:30AM Pacific time.

Here are the highlights from today's match.

Manuel June 24th, 2009 09:58 PM

I certainly enjoyed the game. I will be watching Brazil vs South Africa tomrrow.
I believe that we may stage another surprize this coming sunday.

TM

Mike M June 25th, 2009 01:20 AM

Even a blind pig can find a truffle. Brasil (correct spelling) will make feijoada out of the U.S. team. LOL

Take care,
Mike

katlady June 25th, 2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M
Even a blind pig can find a truffle. Brasil (correct spelling) will make feijoada out of the U.S. team. LOL

Take care,
Mike

If Brasil can beat South Africa tomorrow. :wink: The problem the "top" teams have is they tend to overlook the "weaker" teams. But the underdog has nothing to lose. If they win it's big news. However, I still think Brasil will take out South Africa and the USA to win the cup. But I will vote of the USA. The USA can do no worst then 2nd place now. :D That is wonderful for the men's team. Now the USA women's Soccer team is ranked 1 in the World and Brasil sits in the number 2 spot. :D That could change on a dime; Marta is very good player. But the USA women's team has held the number 1 spot on and off for years.

Manuel June 25th, 2009 07:40 AM

Brasil is the Portuguese spelling , in the US they say spell it Brazil.
If anyone should be rooting for Brasil it would be me. My mother is Brasileira (Brazilian).

Everyone expects Brasil to beat the USA, but Spain was also the team that everyone predicted would win. So you never know. The fun is to watch and enjoy the game.

TM

venice June 25th, 2009 10:10 AM

so Kat, are you going to the World Cup next year in South Africa and does David Beckham really have all those "tats" on his body ? Is there a "Yankee Cup" ? :) :) :) :)

katlady June 25th, 2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice
so Kat, are you going to the World Cup next year in South Africa and does David Beckham really have all those "tats" on his body ? Is there a "Yankee Cup" ? :) :) :) :)

David Beckham is a has been. I like Cristiano Ronaldo I haven't seen any tatoos on him. I have been looking closely. I can't afford the World Cup next year, but Obama has said he wants the World Cup back here in 2014. I hope that happens I will find a way to go to the games. :D There is no Yankee Cup LOL We did beat Mexico to win the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup Trophy. :D

venice June 25th, 2009 03:53 PM

big controversy about hosting the World Cup in South Africa

Manuel June 25th, 2009 11:04 PM

For sunday's final, the US will have one more day of rest than Brazil. Let's hope that helps.

Kat, Cristiano Ronald is my favorite player.

TM

Lisa June 26th, 2009 04:25 AM

USA.....USA......USA........

They have a chance!

Manuel June 26th, 2009 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
USA.....USA......USA........

They have a chance!

Of course they do. They actually have improved during this tournament.

TM

thecruisequeen June 26th, 2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel
For sunday's final, the US will have one more day of rest than Brazil. Let's hope that helps.

Kat, Cristiano Ronald is my favorite player.

TM

Another fan here of Cristiano Ronaldo!! :D

Looking into a trip to South Africa next year for the world cup. I'm sure it would be a very expensive trip.
They do jack up the prices when the world cup is in town.

The only world cup I attended was 20 years ago in Milan. We stopped at a coffee shop before the game had 2 Cappuccino's and one pastry for $16.
We still laugh about it to this day.....remember those $16. Cappuccino's?? LOL LOL

Manuel June 26th, 2009 08:53 PM

Kat, your cappuccino story rminds me of the ones we had in Venice, We had 2 coppuccinos and 2 biscotti in St. Mark's square and it cost thirty dollars.

TM

Mike M June 27th, 2009 11:58 AM

Kaka!!!! Muito Maravilhoso!!!
http://www.footballpictures.net/data...ctures.net.jpg

Take care,
Mike

katlady June 27th, 2009 12:18 PM

Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka
Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka
Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka
Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka
Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka
Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka
Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka Kaka
I hope you lose!!!! I just like saying the name.

katlady June 27th, 2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel
For sunday's final, the US will have one more day of rest than Brazil. Let's hope that helps.

Kat, Cristiano Ronald is my favorite player.

TM

Another fan here of Cristiano Ronaldo!! :D

Looking into a trip to South Africa next year for the world cup. I'm sure it would be a very expensive trip.
They do jack up the prices when the world cup is in town.

The only world cup I attended was 20 years ago in Milan. We stopped at a coffee shop before the game had 2 Cappuccino's and one pastry for $16.
We still laugh about it to this day.....remember those $16. Cappuccino's?? LOL LOL

Hey CQ here is a link to the World Cup ticket information.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organis...ing/index.html
Brazil is the host country for the 2014 World cup. http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/brazil2014/index.html

thecruisequeen June 27th, 2009 04:59 PM

Thanks Kat! I'll look into the website! However I'm sure a South Africa World Cup trip will be wayyyy over the budget! :(

But there is always Brazil in 2014! Brazil is known for Soccer and Samba! What a great combo! This just might be the trip to book. 8)

:twisted:

thecruisequeen June 27th, 2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel
Kat, your cappuccino story rminds me of the ones we had in Venice, We had 2 coppuccinos and 2 biscotti in St. Mark's square and it cost thirty dollars.

TM

TM
Nothing beats sipping cappuccino in Italy! :D 8)

venice June 27th, 2009 06:16 PM

well there is a romantic midnight Gondola ride on a side canal in Venice with someone you are both in love and lust with..I'll take that over 2 cups of coffee anyday 8) 8) 8)

Manuel June 27th, 2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice
well there is a romantic midnight Gondola ride on a side canal in Venice with someone you are both in love and lust with..I'll take that over 2 cups of coffee anyday 8) 8) 8)

I took the Gondola ride with my Italian wife and also had the cappuccino.

Not bad for a Portuguese dude.

TM

katlady June 28th, 2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Thanks Kat! I'll look into the website! However I'm sure a South Africa World Cup trip will be wayyyy over the budget! :(

But there is always Brazil in 2014! Brazil is known for Soccer and Samba! What a great combo! This just might be the trip to book. 8)

:twisted:

Plus you have 5 years to save the money. :wink:

Manuel June 28th, 2009 04:33 PM

I'm proud of the US team, we took 2nd place and we made Brazil work hard to win the final.

TM

katlady June 28th, 2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel
I'm proud of the US team, we took 2nd place and we made Brazil work hard to win the final.

TM

That was a great game. We really surprised them in the first half scoring these two goals. To bad about the second half. It was still a super close game. Good job USA!!!

Manuel June 28th, 2009 10:25 PM

The US soccer team has come a long way. I think that they will be playing very well in the world cup.

TM

venice June 29th, 2009 03:47 AM

I think in respect to soccer, we are caught in a catch 22...until we figure out how to get our best young lads playing soccer at an early age instead of football or basketball, we will not be able to develop a great national team that can compete with the rest of the world on world class platform (which makes this recent performance that much more amazing)

the parallel is how the rest of the world focused on basketball and now the United States gets beat regularly in world class competition, when basketball should be "our sport" or how baseball has declined in our country because our youth want to make the big bucks in football and basketball

we have to have a "national will" to dominate soccer

now if i could just figure out a way to get to the World Cup next year on a cruise ship

Manuel June 29th, 2009 06:43 AM

Venice, my wife's best friend manages to go all over the world on cruise ships. So far this year she and her husband have been in Italy, Greece, France and England. In september they are headed foe Australia and they do it all without flying.
So you can probably find a way to cruise to South Africa.

TM

venice June 29th, 2009 09:43 AM

Manuel..can she find a way for me to cruise for free :o :o :o :o

Manuel June 29th, 2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice
Manuel..can she find a way for me to cruise for free :o :o :o :o

If I find a way, I will let you know.
Actually our friends who will be cruisnig to Australia are spending a ton of money.

TM

katlady June 29th, 2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice
I think in respect to soccer, we are caught in a catch 22...until we figure out how to get our best young lads playing soccer at an early age instead of football or basketball, we will not be able to develop a great national team that can compete with the rest of the world on world class platform (which makes this recent performance that much more amazing)

the parallel is how the rest of the world focused on basketball and now the United States gets beat regularly in world class competition, when basketball should be "our sport" or how baseball has declined in our country because our youth want to make the big bucks in football and basketball

we have to have a "national will" to dominate soccer

now if i could just figure out a way to get to the World Cup next year on a cruise ship

The USA women's team is top in the World and has been since the Women's World Cup began. The Men's Team has had some surprising performances. In the 2002 world cup the US men's team tied the host nation South Korea 1-1, and beat Portugal 3-2, moving to the next round were they knocked out Mexico 2-0. The US made it to the quarterfinals, but lost 1-0 to Germany. Germany is a very good team. This was our best result since 1930 when we came in 3rd place.

venice June 29th, 2009 12:02 PM

Kat..you illustrated my point..thanks..fyi I love Mia Hamm..the U.S. Olympic Woman's soccer team played an exhibition in New Orleans prior to going to Greece and conducted a clinic for Special Olympics...what a special and talented group of athletes

kids playing soccer in the U.S.is on the upswing but not anywhere near what it needs to be to produce a consistent world class product to compete on the level of countries around the world..I can't think of one American Superstar in Soccer


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1