Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Admiral

Default Peter Deilmann River Cruises Cease Operation

their one ocean liner will continue to operate..they will honor river cruises thru 2009..I cruises on the Princess de Provence and really enjoyed it..great staff hope they will catch find employment on other river lines
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Admiral

I've checked into several different river cruise (in the state) and they are so expensive. I would love to one, but we can cruise the bigger ships so much cheaper. Maybe one of these days, when I win that lottery!!

Need some cruise help?
Old June 26th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Keep in mind that river cruises (in Europe) include alcoholic beverages and shore tours in the price of the cruise.

Compared to large ships cruising in Europe I don't see that much difference, and what there is is worth it.

These little boats get you up close to the sights 24-hours per day. The food is excellent and when it comes to immersion in the local culture you won't find a better cruise.

I see river cruises starting at about $1800 per person. Compared to a big ship cruise where you add in tours (as you will certainly want to do in Europe) and wine with dinner, I think they are good value.