Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday Already!

Morning All, from Montreal, where I can't believe it's Friday already!
I just started my week over again yesterday, it's weird having a holidy right in the middle of the week...

Looks like it's gonna be a HOT one here today, it's already in the mid 20'sC or mid 70'sF, and if anything like yesterday will hit the 30's, which is close to 90F. I am so loving this weather, but also thankful for air conditioning! 8)

My, what a day yesterday, with the 2 Hollywood deaths.
Farrah was expected, but Jackson, what a shocker! It will be quite a media circus in L.A. for the next little while, I'm sure.....

Wishing you all a great Friday, and bring on the weekend!

donna
Old June 26th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Rd and Mates to follow,

Another spledid day on the horizon - a chance to T-storms. We had quite a batch of them last night.

Not much of excitment around this place - I imagine the pool will take center stage today.

Have a good day all,
Old June 26th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Where is everyone this morning? I'm off to take mother to another follow-up doctor visit for her hip replacement. She's just using a cane now instead of the walker so she seems to be doing really good. I hope to get in the pool for a while, but need to hit the grocery store and the gym. I've been given new excercises to try. I need to get rid of about 5 pounds that seemed to attack me overnight. I blame in on out of whack thyroid, but it could be that ice cream cake I've been eating on. Oh well, I'll work them off, hopefully. Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old June 26th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............warm for the next week.....I'll take it.....suppose to be great for the weekend....hope all the sail aways have a great time...........

Where is everyone?????? Wake up y'all...........

Y'all have a great day............

Sharon
Old June 26th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Morning all,,

Busy day in store for me,,,so just saying Hi

Hope all is well and prayers to those that need them,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old June 26th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Good morning, everyone.

Still enjoying the sights and sounds of New York. In a little while, we're going to go down to the Staten Island Ferry and for the first time in probably thirty five years take a ride on the "Best free cruise in the world," The Staten Island Ferry. Back in '70 I used to have the ride the ferry back and forth to work. Then it cost a nickel or dime (I forget which) each way. Can't believe that now it's free, especially in this town!!!

Have submitted my cruise review and it should be posted in the near future under RCI/Explorer of the Seas.

Hope Trip that everything is alright with your son's cardio problems.

Prayers continue for him and all others on the list and Blessings on everyone.

Todd
Old June 26th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday Already

Good morning from sunny Southern California. It's warming up here, too.

And yes, the media circus had begun. Interesting that Farrah Faucett's death got shunted to the back of the L.A. Times while Michael Jackson's demise is front and center.

Gym day for Keith. He had a physical exam yesterday for the up-coming cataract surgery on July 1. My new steam iron should arrive today. Now there's certainly no excuse for not attacking that pile!

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Judy
Old June 26th, 2009, 03:04 PM
First Mate

Good Morning Mates,
Actually it is already noon. I woke up early and layed back down. I was shocked to look at the clock and discover that it was 10:30. We had rain throughout the night. Sometimes our bodies need to catch up on rest.
Todd...It sounds like you and Fran are still having a wonderful time.

It is sad that Michael Jackson has gotten all the press, while Farrah is moved to the back.

Have a nice Friday to all of you.

jojo
Old June 26th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Good Day where most of the day has gone. I am just about finished packing. We are leaving tomorrow to Virginia for a little change of scenery. My mother is stable enough for me to go and if need be we can get home quickly. We are looking forward to going, Sam needs the break from work, DS and his GF are also coming. My best friend will go to my mother's and sister daily, and for that I am grateful beyond words as it gives me peace of mind to be able to go and know that if they need something she can get it for them, whether it be some milk or whatever they may need. I did all the groceries for them, the care for the dogs, got their medications, and several other errands so they are good to go for the week. It's her week off from chemo, which is the perfect week to go. ( 3 wks on, 1 wk off is her cycle)

Its hot and humid, not great weather to clean and pack in, but thats OK! I hope every one has a wonderful rest of the day.
Old June 27th, 2009, 12:06 AM
First Mate

Delft,
Have a wonderful time and a much deserving break. I am glad that you have a good friend who can be there for your mom and sis. You are so good to both of them. Now it is time for you to have some relaxing time.

jojo