CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Is Everyone Sleeping In On Sunday Morning ???/ (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/365685-everyone-sleeping-sunday-morning.html)

venice June 28th, 2009 07:05 AM

Is Everyone Sleeping In On Sunday Morning ???/

can't believe I am the first one up..Good Morning and have a nice leisure, slow, laid back day of summer

Delft June 28th, 2009 08:07 AM

Venice we are up! We had a long but OK drive yesterday through torrential rains. its bright and sunny now, and it feels wonderful to be away. Checked in several times at home, all is well. My best friend called my Mum and sister to see if they want something. they wanted the little cheeze cakes from costco. Yup, I guess they are doing fine! In the mean time, we have pool on the agenda, and relaxing. We cannot get over food portions in the USA. We leave with plates half full. We are not small, or small eaters, believe me we can eat, but its just to much. Hope every one is having a good day.

Mike M June 28th, 2009 08:16 AM

Re: Is Everyone Sleeping In On Sunday Morning ???/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venice
can't believe I am the first one up..Good Morning and have a nice leisure, slow, laid back day of summer

Yes: I am sleep typing this message. LOL

I will probably be awakened by one of the grandkids. We have the kids today so their mom and dad can cut down some trees and clear brush without worrying about them being crushed.

Yesterday was an interesting day. We went to our favorite Minneapolis, Vietnamese restaurant and then to the Asian market across the street. In the produce area they had "Durian". If you don't know Durian is the smelliest fruit in the world and can't be stomached by the "Bizarre Foods" guy on the Travel Channel. I had to have it.

I bought one, brought it home and cut it up outside on the patio table. I cut it open and it didn't smell too bad. I took a spoonful of the soft center and it basically tasted like VERY strong cheese and over-ripe pineapple. It wasn't what I would call good but I've eaten worse. I had about four spoonfuls brought one in the house for Betty. She ate it. I then threw the rest away. However..........for the rest of the night and this morning "I stink". The smell of the stuff is oozing from my pores. I don't think I'll go anywhere in public today. :roll: Oh yeah: The burps are nasty.

Today we will take the kids out on the boat for a run around the lake.

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

beenie weenie June 28th, 2009 08:23 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates.
Delft glad to see you made a clean getaway and stinky, oops I mean Mike, bet you'll avoid the Durion next time. Like you, sometimes you just gotta try something new, to heck with the consequences. Reminds me of when d/h and went to Cheeseburger in Paradise and ordered some really fragrant tasty curry chicken dish. On the way home I ran into Trader Joes to pick up a few things while d/h and the kids waited in the car. I came out of the store and d/h helped me load stuff int the back of the truck. Then we climbed back in the truck and after a minute were overcome by noxious fumes. We both started to accuse the kids of "gassing us" Then realized that d/h and I were the source of the stink and everytime we opened our mouths it got even worse. LOL now that is a great way to take revenge on your kids lol!

Well let's see, Yesterday was a nice day. Really got nothing at all done, just played outside with the kids and ended up ordering pizza and cooling off in the pool. Oh well yes I did vacuum the pool. D/H and I ended up just siting onn the patio trying some Belgian Trappist Ale I brought home from Trader Joes. It was very good especially with the pizza I had delivered for our patio picnic. It finally got dark and we all came iinside and went to bed.

Not sure what we'll do today. The kids and the cat are up, D/H is still having a snorefest. We've been talking about packing everyone up and heading to Benihana. D/H has a birthday certificate from there that needs to be used by the end of the month.
Friday, we leave for Canada. We'll be going up for the Holiday weekend to see d/h's family. His sis lives on Lake Huron so she has a nice party planned for the 4th. That way we can sit on their beach and see the fireworks across the border in Michigan. It's really a nice way to spend a weekend. D/H's sister is a great entertainer and we always have a wonderful time at their house. She said to bring our suits but I am pretty sure there is no way I will be getting into Lake Huron. It is toooo cold for me. The kids and d/h will though I am sure. Perhaps I should go buy a wetsuit so I can brave the frigid waters of the great lake lol.

Well I hope you all have a great day and all is well with you. and yours!