Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:10 AM
Passenger

Default Hello Thursday!!

A very cheery good morning and day to all the mates. I couldn't sleep, so what better place to be than on 'Cruise Mates?' I wish everyone the best day they can have today and sweet daydreams of past cruises or cruises to come.
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:46 AM
Admiral

sorry you can't sleep..call room service for a warm glass of milk and some cookies..go sit on your balcony and listen to the waves hit your ship and watch the moonlight fall on the ocean and that will put you back to sleep

have a great day
Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Yestrday was just dark and dull, and cool, with a few sprinkles/showers - so you just never really knew if you could venture out for tasks outside or not - the skies threatened all day.

Today may be pretty similiar - ugh - this is not the summer I spent the whole miserable winter dreaming of...o well - I will enjoy what I have been served.

Off to work soon - paper work, meeting with a salesman as we are going to be switching all our paper products and cleaning products to be green - this is our first step.
Then I need to work on the parade float decorations a bit, then scoot to the Doctors - then home and more paperwork. Not a really fun day, but hopefully a productive day!

Wish I had something exciting to report, but there truly is nothing.

Enjoy your day all
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning every one. Amazing weather continues. Busch Gardens was amazing and ended with spectacular fire works for Canada's birthday, well, we were the only ones who thought it was for that, but that is OK! It was an amazing day, we simply had such fun and literally spent the whole day laughing. Today is a quieter pool day and visiting.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where we are experiencing a little sun in a week that was supposed to be all rain and thundershowers.
The showers held off until suppertime yesterday, allowing us to enjoy our Canada Day Parade, and a nice afternoon at my sister's, although it was too cool to swim.
We had an excellent BBQ (ribs) with corn on the cob, and a delicious strawberry shortcake for dessert. Despite the thunderstorms and heavy rain, we managed to have a blast, playing music, singing and dancing all the way through dinner!
Here's a few pics:

donna
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all of my fellow Cruisemates and all the ships at sea!

A hearty welcome indeed to Terri Ann who opened and I see is one of our newer members.

Loved the pictures RD! Your dog and cat are just absolutely precious! And that strawberry shortcake is the exact type I grew up on. Today, so often if you're eating out and order shortcake it's nothing more than sponge cake!

Well, it's official. I lost over ten pounds during our three week vacation. I guess it's a result of my diabetic medication but I was taking the same thing last year and put on well over ten. C`est la vie or in my case, it probably should read, C'est la guerre!

Hope everyond has a grand day and I'm so glad Delft, that you're enjoying your vacation in the Tidewater area.

Todd
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............suppose to be low to mid 80's til at least the 4th...........

Not much going on today.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Well Good Morning CruiseMates! Donna,I love the pic of the dog and cat together, It appears the two have become lifelong friends (partners in crime) I am trying to get motivated and get laundry done so I can pack a suitcase for our weekend trip to Canada to see the inlaws.

Things here are pretty calm. Not much going on aside from my own procrastination. I must admit I am good at it !

Hope you all have a wonderful day and a quick start to a long weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Default Hello, Thursday!

Good morning from Southern California. Hello, Terri Ann!

RD, those pictures were so sweet, including the strawberry short cake.
Delft, sounds like a nifty vacation.

Yesterday, the radiation technician asked us to come in early, so we will do Keith's post op appt. this morning and then go to the oncology center for my treatment. The rest of the day is ours! Can't dcide to go to King's Fish House or go to Pasadena. Hmm . . .

Have a good day, whatever you do.

Judy
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from my little corner of the world - I've been absent from this particular thread for a bit - so thought I'd better get back and start chatting -

the only news in my life is a new grandson born on June 14th, he was in the NICU for two weeks and came home on the 28th of June. Today is his older brother's b-day and he's 2. So, mom/dad have their hands full.
I was there for the two weeks so have to miss the b-day but the other grandparents are there so I'm sure both boys are being spoiled rotten.

I hope everyone is doing well and I'm hoping you all have a great 4th of July weekend - and for those of you who celebrated Canada Day - you know you can carry your celebration on for 3 more days and no one would know the difference!!

Have a safe/happy and fun filled weekend everyone!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 12:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Well I have been forced out of my house. No: It wasn't because I couldn't make the mortgage payment. (I own the thing) It was because of paint. After being nauseous and a splitting headache on Tuesday I checked into the nearest hotel to our place. The problem is that the nearest, decent, hotel is a half hour from home.

Betty is back at home supervising the painting and I am living the good life with room service, pool and watching TV. Ahhh: It's like a mini-cruise but without the ocean view.

I may be stuck here for a few days. The ceiling paint has an oil binder in it and that's what is making me sick. The last of ceilings won't be done until tomorrow and it will take a couple of days to dry. The latex wall paint doesn't seem to bother me. At least I didn't throw up when I inhaled it.

I am going to take it easy today and enjoy what I can but I really want to be home supervising but I guess I have to do what I have to do.

RD: Loved the pictures:

I hope everyone has a great weekend and wonderful Independence Day!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 2nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Mike,

Sounds like your time away from home is a real bummer!

Seriously, a lifelong friend of mine would fall into your category.

Most of the professional painters I knew as a kid (back in the oil based enamel days) were either alcoholics or heavy drinkers. Folks used to say that the paint was the reason.

I actually loved the smell of oil base enamel. Therefore, my only excuse for drinking in my younger days was, as they say around here, "the sun went down of a evenin'."

Todd
Old July 2nd, 2009, 12:54 PM
First Mate

Good Morning from Partly Cloudy Colorado,

We are back from an early morning cardiologist appointment for my DH.
He has ordered more tests that aren't scheduled until July 14th. Monday's surgery is needing to be rescheduled after we get the results of that test.
It seems like our summer has been consumed with appointments and physical therapy. Wish we were on a ship instead.
Sorry about the paint Mike. RD it looks like you enjoyed a lovely Canada Day. My Canadian friends who live here are foing to wait to celebrate on the 4th.
Enjoy a good day.

jojo