Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Captain

Default Happy 4th of July this Saturday!

Can't beleve I am the first one to be here this morning, so I'll just say
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Today will be the 2nd and last day of our big yard sale. Yesterday was so much fun and hard work but worth it. My daughter, her 2 little ones, my baby sister along with her 2 teenage girls had a wonderful day laughing and selling as much of our junk as we could. Even with the economy down we managed to make a big dent in our yard full of stuff. Today we will mark down what is left and hope that someone wants it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Trip, will be praying for your family members with the heart probems.

BW & RD - save travels this weekend.

Delft, continue to enjoy your vacation.

Prayers to all those in need, and safe travels to those on the move.

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2009, 07:46 AM
First Mate

..and a Happy 4th of July from central Connecticut also.....where, if we are fortunate, it may not rain today....

Funny, on almosy every 4th, I keep seeing James Cagney in "Yankee Doodle Dandy", dancing down the steps of the White House to the tune of the same name..one of my favorite movies of all time....

...not much doing for us today....go visit the MIL in the assisted living facility she is at.....she is having some health issues at this time (sciatica, spinal stenosis flareup, and other skeletal-related pain) so is unable to visit us....we will have the age-old 4th of July traditional meal - pizza! MIL loves it and doesn't get it there, so we will have it....and a salad.....then churh services in the afternoon, then maybe a trip to Dairy Queen for a Blizzard....and that will be that....

Best wishes and prayers to all. Enjoy fireworks if that is in your plans....

Old July 4th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Happy Independance day from Canada! Enjoy and be safe!
Old July 4th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Happy 4th of July. Sue that sounds like a great day for sure.Good Luck with the second part of the sale today!

Its again bright and sunny, rain is expected tomorrow, thats OK, we will be leaving!

It sure has been nice to get away, and good to be able to know if needed I could get home butit was not needed. My best friend taking care of my pups said my pups made her week bearable....she is also having alot of stress at home with a very sick MIL, ( terminal cancer but far more advanced than my mother) and apparently my dogs made her and her husband smile! Imagine that, after all they are more often known as the little looser the trouble maker, and the old croak!

DS and his GF also had alot of fun.Those two work so many hours with both school and work, and I am glad they had a week to do what ever except work and school.

Hope every one has a great day!
Old July 4th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Happy 4th of July to all my Cruisemates and that includes the ones in Canada who recently celebrated your national holiday!

We have no plans for today. I think I might finish mowing today. Today's menu is a traditional 4th of July one, hamburgers on the grill, hotdogs and my big time favorite, Fran's potato salad and watermelon. My sugar was frequently a tad elevated (as in on top of an Atlas missile on it's way to Mars) during our cruise vacation, so in order to have the potato salad and watermelon, our hamburgers and hotdogs will be sans buns. Fran doesn't mind that a bit as she's in the process of "adjusting" her weight to the previous pre-cruise level. Speaking of weight, I am this morning eleven pounds less than I was the day before we left. I attribute the loss to drugs.............the diabetic medication ... not oxycontin.

I echo travelgalSue's individual wishes with an added one to you Sid. I hope you, your wife and your MIL really enjoy your pizza...I'm already going through New York Pizza withdrawl.

Prayers for everyone on my list (including new addition of Trip's son) and Blessings on everyone.

Todd
Old July 4th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............happy 4th of July!!!! It's gonna be HOT............could get to 90.......well......that IS hot for us.........

No big plans for us today.....just the kid & granddaughter coming over for dinner........hamburgers & salad.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old July 4th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a very hot Texas.

I am in the process of trying to water the grass, before the heat is to unbearable.

I hope all of you have a wonderful, safe holiday weekend.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 4th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Happy Fourth of July everyone. I have the grandkids this week-end so I guess we will go see the local fireworks tonight. My grandson got back from 3 days of church camp yesterday and he was exhausted. He is still sound asleep and it's 10AM here. I've checked on him and he is breathing so just needed some sleep. My granddaughter has already asked about getting in the pool so we will do that at some point during the day. Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old July 4th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Admiral

we should all be on a cruise ship celebrating the 4th of July
Old July 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Getting ready for a spectacular 4th of July. Headed to our club on the water in Oyster Bay - waveriders have been hooked up to the trailer and we finally have good weather to use them.

Planning on a great day of sun, fun and eating. Speaking of eating, the bill of fare today will be 30 lobsters (for the main course), fried chicken, and london broil. Before dinner treats include - spinach dip, onion dip, fresh vegetables, tomatoes with feta chesse and basil in a white wine vinegar dressing, homemake clam pie prepared with freshly harvested clams that were dug yesterday, crackers, cheeses, etc. Salad of bowtie pasta with fresh broccoli, potato salad, and macaroni salad. For dessert, we will be having my homemade blueberry crumb cake, brownies, watermelon and ice cream cake. I'm sure none of our guests will go home hungry.

Following that, plan on watching the Macy's Fireworks display on TV. I have seen them in person from a boat a few years ago and believe me, there is nothing like it.

Everyone have a happy and safe 4th.

Leyla from Long Island
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Glory hallelujah, we see the sun, then we don't, and we see....well you get my point!

We had the fireworks here last night, so I watched Lucy, so the kids could go...My sil is home so he is taking it easy, as is my son. Thanks for all your good thoughts....Lots to be grateful for.....xoxox

Make it a good one, and stay safe, on this, our nations b day

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Default Happy Fourth of July This Saturday

Good morning from Southern California where the annual neighborhood Fourth of July parade just went by. Not like the Macy's Parade, but . . .

No plans here. We had a delicious but belated anniversary dinner at Smitty's last night. That's in Pasadena. We demolished a couple of primed ribs.

Have a happy holiday.

Judy
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:34 PM
First Mate

Happy 4th of July Mates,
Leyla, your plans sound wonderful. We will go to dinner with son and dil
then come home to watch the fireworks from our back patio.

Blessings to all of you who served or are serving in the military to protect our freedom. Also my hats off to the loved ones of our military. You do so much for all of us.

jojo
Old July 4th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates from beautiful Ontario Canada! Hope you all have a lovely fourth of July and a terrific weekend.
I am late posting today as I have spent the morning visiting with the inlaws.
Hope you all enjoy yourselves!

Old July 4th, 2009, 02:18 PM
First Mate

Venice,

Funny you should say we should be on a cruise ship celebrating the 4th. 2 years ago we were on the Caribbean Princess, and other than some red, white, and blue displays in a couple of places in the ship, it could have been any other day.....funny really.

Mrs. S and I were musing as to places we have been over the years on the 4th, and in addition to the ship, we have been camping in the Adirondacks of New York (we were a LOT younger then...), picnics at state parks in both Connecticut and New York, New York City, Ogunquit, ME, and probably a few others we can't recall...and of course we hosted a few picnics as well.....can't recall them all, but don't recall any that were bad.....oh, and during the Bicentennial, we watched the fireworks over New Haven harbor along with several thousand other people...talk about traffic...I guess the one place I would like to be is Boston when the Pops plays the 1812 Overture....maybe someday....