Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Captain

Default Good Monday Morning All

Yes it is Monday, the end of a very restfully 3 day weekend, Happy Birthday America!

Well it is time to get up, head out the door in a poring thunderstorm with lighting and earn more money for more cruises. I have Feb 10 scheduled, paid and ready to go, Feb 2011 scheduled and down payment for our same cabin as last Feb on the Miracle. We just love that ship. I am now working on one for next July. Gotta keep busy.

Well you all have a great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)

Here's that we may always have a clean shirt,
a clean conscience, and a guinea in our pocket.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Admiral

good morning to everyone

Irish..to add to your tag line, I would include "a clean pair of underwear in the trunk of your car , just in case......
Old July 6th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

The morning looked so promising ans I walked the dog and hung the bird feeders - now it is getting dark and the weathermap has a cloud, raindrop and a lightening bolt - so I think it will be another stormy day.

What a busy weekend - my dh brother and nephew were up so we spent time w/ them ever day. Fri at my sisinlaws home - bbq - the firework display my nephew brought from Alabama, and lots of visiting.
After the lawn fireworks, I rushed to watch the town fireworks with my sister. Got to bed real late, got up real early
Sat - Parade Float prep - finish tying down things that drooped and such during the night - rain threatened so it made for more work such as stashing lots of tarps and ropes to protect the musical instruments, soundboard and speakers in needed (which it was at the end).
My friend and I rode the back of the float with the worship band and refilled candy buckets that the church people who walked with the float used to throw over 200 pounds of candy to the crowds - we barely had enough!

During the concert at the end of the parade the band got thru one song when the deluge began - scramble to tarp everything - then stand in the rain until the pick up car came to bring us back to the start of the parade where we had our car - traffic was horrific.
Soaking and cold (thin 60 degrees or less) we undressed the float in the warehouse - the went home, changed, ate and went to my inlaws - played cards and ate and sat around.

Sun - church, then lunch with my dh at the Eastside - we got a window on the porch overlooking the lake - the sun came out- there were sailboats - lovely - as I enjoyed my pan-seared Ahi Tuna over fresh greens and mango and red peppers with an organic ginger dressing -
DH had a seafood platter and I did help myself to a couple of scallops.
Home - me and doggie - long, long walk! then Paperwork, then get ready for the crew to descend - as everyone came here for the final Hurrah
cut up veggies, 3 large pizzas, cherries, grapes, blueberries for dessert while we waited for the fire in our little pit to get to marshmallow cooking stage - then s'mores with choice of chocolate or peanut butter cups to melt with the hot marshmallows - then coffee in with the 8 of us crammed in the kitchen - so much talking about 3 conversations - wow - great fun
Of course they all played horseshoes earlier in our permanant pits that "decorate" my lawn
Then the good byes. More paperwork - to find I had a glitch in my church accounting program, that took me a year to find, and if I hadn't transposed a number on a check I would probably never found - and found out that it goes back 41 weeks!
Now how to figure that out - ugh and double ugh - such a frustration

Today - paperwork - the off to pick up my friends two daughters aged 12 and 4 - my friend has Chemo today, and her son is irresponsible to watch the girls that long - even tho' he will be 18 next month.
We will go grocery shopping to buy items to prepare their supper - and ingredients to bake the dessert of their choice.
We will get some pretty flowers for the table.
At my house we will cook and bake (how with a 4 year old I do not know).
Then about 2:30 we will truck the stuff to their home - then go and set the table real pretty and have everything ready for the son to be able to throw the dish in the oven - and serve the rest (bread, salad).
I will maybe bribe the 12 year old to make sure she does the dishes and cleans up the kitchen after the meal - I will try to have it mostly in order before mom comes home.

Then back home - with more paperwork in my future, supper making
laundry to fold and who knows what else. By 8 I plan to be parked to watch Batcherlorette and text with my friend who also watches.
Then perhaps I shall collapse.

Irish- so exciting to have cruises booked and paid for!!!!!

Wishing all mates a nice day.
Old July 6th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Short and sweet from beautiful Tampa. GREAT 3 day weekend, and now it's back to work. Hope all my "Mates" have a super week!

Ken
"SKY"
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Goog morning mates.

We are having a beautifull sunny morning.

It's time for breakfast and a trip to the fitness center.

A very good morning to all the cruisemates.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all from Central Texas where it is stormy, and dark.

I am not up by choice, but because of the storm disturbing the dogs. It's not that bad, but after the 4Th of July fireworks, I guess they are on edge.

I hope all of you had a good weekend. I am glad it is over with. Josh and I didn't do anything special. They have a wonderful program on post, with lots of free entertainment, and food, but we have not fought those crowds in years.

Today I plan on cleaning and shopping. I have decided that just because we have already celebrated Josh's birthday, doesn't mean that he can't have his favorite cake, so I have to get the stuff for that. He loves German chocolate. His birthday is Wed. and will be 22.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Take care

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is tentatively sunny at the moment, but I know the storms are lurking up there still.....

We had an interesting weekend. First of all, it rained the entire weekend in Nova Scotia, and it kept getting colder and colder. I think it bottomed out at about 16C yesterday, (60F). That is NOT July weather!

We went to see 4 houses, 3 uh-uhs and 1 good possibility.
Now it remains to see what the bank has to say, and meet other terms and conditions, so we are still in limbo.....will keep you posted.

Other than the weather, it was a fun weekend visiting friends, and we enjoyed a fresh-from-the-fishing-boat meal of scallops and haddock on Fri. night, and a super amazing meal at a favourite German Restaurant on Sat. night.
We also had a nice lunch in a cute little seaside town, sitting outside on the (covered) patio in the pouring rain, with our real estate agent and his wife.
A whole different way of life down there, I think I could get used to it!

But, it's back to reality today, and off to work I go....

donna
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning `mates from upper East Tennessee where yesterday it was rather stormy and wet while today will be mostly overcast with a chance of thunderstorms. In short, it will be what one comes to expect as typical "Monday back to work weather." As I'm retired, every day is beautiful.

Presume Beenie Weenie got back yesterday from her Canadian foray. Sounds as if she and the kids were going to have a good time. Matter of fact, sounds as if all of my `mates had a marvelous holiday weekend.

Hope each of you has an especially good week this week (especially you Jen after you've corrected that bugaboo financial entry).

Prayers continue for all on the list and Blessings upon each of you.

Todd
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates!
Todd thanks for keeping an eye out for me. I did indeed make it home. Quite early too as a matter of fact. I was happy to roll in the driveway at 6:30 with plenty of daylight left. D/H jumped on the lawn mower and I went and cleaned up the pool and the patio.. Evidently we got a ton of rain while we were gone and there was a lot that was blown in the pool. Only a few flower pots needed water. D/D went swimming for a while, but tragedy struck wen she was stung by a bee as she walked through the grass.
Things were kind of buggy out in the backyard, so I sprayed to clear some of the insects out and send them back into the woods. I need to go out to the patio and see if they have been properly evicted yet.

The kids hit the hay at 9, and d/h and I crashed at 10. I was happy to sleep in my own bed, as both nights at the inlaws were pretty sleepless. I have trouble sleeping there. I don't know why, but I was exhausted and ended up sleeping until 9 this morning, which most of you know, I never do. Generally I am up and at 'em no later than six.

Looks as though the inlaws are doing well. MIL continues to improve. I hope she gets to enjoy a very long remission with her current treatment regimen. They are planning on making an October visit. Probably before we leave on our next cruise. Brother and SIL are doing well. their boys are growing like weeds. Doesn't seem possible,

Thee kids got a little money from Oma and Opa. it is now burning a king size hole in their pockets. So in an hour or so we'll head out to go shopping.

Hope you all have a great Monday and the ret of the work week passes quickly so you can play this weekend.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 6th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Captain

Good morning to all. I've already been up for hours, just not on the computer. I've been to my therapy session, the bank and the post office. Now have laundry going. It is a beautiful sunny day here with the forecast of it being this way all week.
We had great success with our yard sale on Fri & Sat. Everyone made a few bucks which was the goal. Enjoyed the time with my daughter, sister and all the kids. We had just started packing up what was left on Sat. when the rains came. Our local fireworks show was cancelled and moved to Sun. night at 10. We didn't attend, to late for us.
It has been a sad 2 days here with the passing of one of our local school teachers. A young lady around 30 with 2 small children. She was so loved by her students and the parents, we have lost a good person.
The worst part is her husband's mother passed from cancer early Sunday morn. then Sunday eve. they called me to say the teacher had passed around 6 pm. I can't imagine the husbands pain right now.

Well the washer needs tending so hope you all have a good day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning All

Another short and sweet note. Good morning from sunny Southern California. I have a busy day planned.

I hope everyone had a nice Fourth!

Judy
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:07 PM
First Mate

Good Afternoon from cloudy Colorado,

It sounds like everyone had busy and fun weekends. So sorry to hear about the young school teacher's passing. Our prayers remain with her husband. I know so many on this board are wonderful friends who support those in need.

Have a great day.

jojo