Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2009, 06:57 AM
First Mate

Default Thursday, Thursday, Thursday.....

Good Morning fellow CM-ers and all the ships at sea....let's go to press....

Cool here today in central Connecticut, but yesterday was a very nice day - on of the few we have enjoyed.

We are off to the wilds of lower New Hampshire today to watch the grand-urchins for a couple of days while our daughter and SIL wne thier way to Sin City (Las Vegas) for a few days of fun and sun. This Sunday we will hand the kids off to his folks for a couple of days, and our duty will be over. They are 10 and 12, and it's just better than spending the time here in the condo which is not really equipped for young ones. Besides, they have all thier junk at home, and friends, so it's a win-win as we see it.

We plan on eating in except for Saturday when we will take them to Bertucci's for pizza after church. Our daughter has managed to get us a couple of day passes to a fitness club that her family is a member of. It has both an indoor and an outdoor pool, and a lot of the kids friends go there, so we will be spending time there as well. Ain't exactly the pool deck on an M-class Celebrity ship, but a real close second. Now if I can get Mrs. S to walk around asking about drinks......

So happy rest-of-the-week to all, and continued best wishes and prayers....bis Montag, alles.....

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Sun is in sky, and 70'- better, but not anywhere near hot enough to my liking...I shall not complain.

Yesterday was busy, and I did not sleep well - dreamed I had a pet alligator in a huge aquarium in the living room and he got mad and smashed it - causing a flood - I think the rain has gotten to me...
It was hard to get back to sleep after that.

Today will be busy again - work, errands, then to the park this evening for the band concert under the gazebo. My brother plays in the band. His son and family are up from Mass - so if I want to see my great nieces I must attend the concert - so I shall go.

Tomorrow is already pretty much booked too.

Next weekend will include a quick trip to Portland, Me and surrounding area. We will be attending the baptism of my great-nephew. My sister will already be hunkered down in Ogunquit for a two week vacation, so my dh and I will bring my mother - first we will spend day at beach with my sister. Then trek back north to Portland. I will drop off my mother and probably my husband. Then I will head out to Denmark, ME to pick up my niece who is counselling at summer camp. I will bring her to her sister's house in Portland, the I will head back to the hotel - sleep and be up and ready for the service which I believe begins somewhere in Portland at 9 am - so it will be a short night. After the service, a luncheon at my nieces home - then not sure if I have to bring my niece back to camp, but anyway - head home in the afternoon.
I think I'll bypass work and just go back to bed.

Well enjoy the sun today - hope the day brings only good your way,
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,
It is a quiet morning here in Indiana. It seems that we must have gotten more rain last night. It is soggy looking outside. I hope the comes out and warms things up just a little bit. Laundry is nearly caught up. I think if the kids and I work for an hour or so cleaning house it ought to be in pretty good shape then we can go outside and do a few things out there and enjoy our day. I think it may be too chilly to swim though. Perhaps I'll throw some shock in the pool and put the solar cover on it so it will be clean and warmer tomorrow if the weather straightens up.

Got a call from the neighbor yesterday. She is really really busy and needed a little help planning travel arrangements. Their boys have both been playing on minor league travelling teams, so they've been on the road trying to see them play when possible, Their youngest daughter is in her final week as County Fair Queen and they have all of this weeks fair activities to attend to as well as the official crown passing ceremony on Saturday Night. Their oldest daughter is in Rhode Island and is expecting her first child/their first grandchild any moment and she was at the hospital yesterday with contractions, so my neighbor was ready to lose her marbles called to see if could find them decently priced last minute air so they could fly to Boston last night, if the baby was really coming. Well I found them good air prices into Providence (half the price of Boston), but the contractions stopped and so they're just waiting to see what will happen next and we're all praying that baby will wait until after Saturday Night to make it's appearance so they don't have to choose between either daughter's special events.
So we're just waiting to hear.
I have to be honest, I am really enjoying not having a ton of stuff on the go yesterday and today. It is nice to just kind of relax a little right now. I only have 2 weeks until d/s's surgery and then things are going to get stressful again for a while.
I just heard the dryer beep. I think I only have one more load of clothes to wash and I will be caught up. It feels good.
Not much else happening here. Hope the sun comes out for all of us today!

Old July 9th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Looks like the New Englanders are all up early. I too have a New England heart even though I currently live in sunny Florida.Today is a day off for me and I plan to relax by the pool. I worked last night and I am worn out! Have a most wonderful day my friends.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 9th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Captain

A cloudy good morning to all the Mates! The weather this summer has been so wierd, hot one day, rain for the next 3, then cool, and the cycle starts over again.
I have a busy day today. Have my shoulder therapy at 11 then head to Ashland, Ky for d/h. Need to stop at the grocery on the way home unless we want to go without food for awhile.

Old July 9th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Is it morning already? I feel like I haven't slept a wink, and in fact, I barely did. Think I dropped off finally somewhere around 5 am, and that gave me barely 3 hours restless sleep. Just one of those nights....

Too much going on here in the last few days, much on my mind, and it just won't shut off! Maybe I'll catch a few winks at nap time today.....

Tonight should be interesting; we have to take our little kitty back to the vet to have her stitches removed (spaying). She is 2 weeks overdue, but the first week we couldn't find her, and the vet said give her another week to get used to us before we bring her in. I hope I can catch her and get her in the crate - don't want to freak her out again!

As for the weather, I think I see sun out there today. I hope it will last and warm up a little. 15C is not very warm for July! (59F).

donna
Old July 9th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Good Thursday Morning to everyone - a cool 60 something this morning as I was heading to work - now that I'm in the bldg I'm not sure what it's like outside - as I pass windows in the hallways I think I see a blue sky and lots of sun - suppose to get rather warm today 90's with heat index of 104 - so glad I'm in the A/C.

Not much going on - trying not to get stressed at work - have been told to slow it down and take it easy - have a f/u Dr's appt tomorrow to see lab and test results. Then I'll get all the lectures from the Dr. - so I'm trying to prepare myself !

I wish you all the best day ever!
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning!

I have to confess something. While I was up for a few hours during the night, I couldn't believe it when Fran came into the bedroom this morning and asked me if I was going to get up? She continued that the reason she was asking was that it was 10:30!

Sid, have a great weekend and yes, we'll see you on Monday.

Sounds as if after this weekend Jen, you might even be that alligator in your next dream!

Sue, sounds sorta' like the weather we've been having but today is going to be hot and sunny.

Wish I were just going to lie by a pool today as well, Laura

I was thinking B/W, your neighbor obviously does not have the organizational skills as do you. You'd coordinate every stop even if it made bringing the Concorde out of retirement!

R/D, your pets are truly adorable, your new kitten being especially photogenic as well. Don't worry, she'll soon be purring in your lap.

Mama, take it from a worry-wart, it ain't worth the stress!

Prayers to everyone on the list and Blessing on all `o you'uns!

Todd
Old July 9th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday, Thursday, Thursday

Good morning from Southern California. Our temps are inching up, up, and up.

We had a short tour of the radiation facility yesterday. The machine that does the radiation is made by Elektra and is very complicated. The engine (I don't know what else to call it) is in a special room behind a wall. It's huge and looks like a jet engine. The room is surrounded by seven feet of concrete. My skin had been pronounced in good condition so far, although it is red. The aloe spray helps a lot, at this point. The tech said they went to a facility in Beverly Hills before this one was built. Quite fancy, we were told, and I thought this one was state-of-the-art!

Todd, I hope Fran is doing well.
RD, let us know if you catch that cat!

Have a good day, people. cat chasing, or not!

Judy