Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Default It's FRIDAY!!

Morning All, from Montreal, where it looks like summer has returned, at least for a day!
Glad it's nice weather because we are taking 2 busloads of kids up north today to Santa's Village, to visit the old guy in his summer habitat, and do all the other fun stuff they have there; petting zoo with reindeer, huge slides, air bounce thingies, bumper boats, water park, etc.
Did I ever tell you how much I love my job?

donna
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well this morning it's life in the fast lane again. Yesterday was my Mom's birthday so the kids want to go over to spend some time with her to celebrate. We are all getting ready to go over to Illinois and I'll drop them off so they can spend a little time there.
Then around noon I have to pick them up and take them to the sitters. Not sure if they will go to the pool or what is planned, but I am sure it will be a fun day.
Then I have to high tail it to Indy for a Doctor's Appointment with the Dermatologist.

Hopefully if I time it right, I will get everyone where they need to be on time.

Hope you all have a great Friday and a terrific weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Captain

Looks like a nice hot day on tap here. Sun is up and temps will be rising which is the good news. Bad news is rain is coming tomorrow & Sunday. So much for any outdoor plans for the weekend.
Today is my day to get a whole lot of paperwork done. I need to pay a few bills, then call Carnival about our group cruise,

RD- have a fun day with the kiddies.

BW - safe travels today!

Prayers to all those in need.

Everyone have a great day! Take time to stop and smell the roses!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Good Mornin' "Mates" from beautiful downtown Lakeland, Florida. Well, I'm going to say, very quietly, that it looks like it may be the first easy day for me this week. Nothing scheduled so far, and with any luck, it'll stay that way.
Beenie, sounds like a typical day for you. R.D., that sounds like fun, can I come along? Sue, it sounds like you're going to have a nice day, so enjoy!
Later gang!

Ken
"SKY"
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning.

We are having a sunny day in Connecticut, after so many rainy days, the weather is starting to come around, but it's still not hot like it should be in july.

Hope everyone has a great friday.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Cruiser and all the ships at sea.

There, I started with a blatant rip-off of Walter Winchell but it seemed like a fitting greeting.

Good morning from semi-remodeling central. I did move back into the house on Monday and I can tolerate the wall paint so all is good.

The painting is about 1/2 complete. Half of the living room, dining room, family room still need to be painted as does the halls, two bathrooms and stairways. We're looking at a completion day of Wednesday. I'm starting to call my nephew "Eldon", after Murphy Brown's painter who was perpetually repainting her house. The colors are looking good and we have taken the opportunity to replace most of the light fixtures.

A funny thing happened. We ordered five bathroom lights from Home Depot. The total was just over $800. We received the lights last Friday but we received two (2) sets. I got on the phone to Home Depot and asked what they wanted me to do with the second set of lights. The woman on the phone said that they "didn't" send a second set of lights and she has no idea where the others came from. I told her that the shipping label said "Home Depot". She still maintained that only one order was sent but I could return the extra set to any Home Depot. On Monday we took the extra set (heavy) to Home Depot and told them what happened and would like to return them. The Customer Service rep said "sure" and promptly charged us a 20% restocking fee of $164.

I asked to see the manager and that I would not pay $164 for their error plus I had to lug the lights back to their store. The manager said that on all "special order returns" there was a 20% restocking fee and it could not be waived. Once he said that I responded with "OK, I'll just keep them before I pay for their error." I can't believe it. His response was "OK". Corporate policy overrides common sense. Does anyone want to by some lights? Now, you wonder why prices increase. I'm sticking the lights down in the basement for awhile. I imagine they'll discover the mistake at some point and when they do I'll have them send me a RMA and arrange a UPS pickup. Oy vey.

I hope everyone is doing well: BW: I hope all goes well at the Dermatologist. RD: Can I come and play with Santa? Sue: Get going on that paper work. Ken: Wanna help install lights? Manuel: It sounds like we'll have the same weather.

I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC weekend and a great Friday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Admiral

It sounds like a sunny day everywhere! WOW! Sunny here too in Portland, Oregon....should be about 80 degrees f. with an occasional white fuffy cloud. (My kind of weather) Better go mow the lawn before it gets toooooooooo hot!
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday

Good morning from Southern California. Triple digit temps on the horizon.

RD, do you do all that stuff, too?
BW, sounds like a normal day for you!
Mike, can you sell those lights on E-Bay?

Keith is glad to be back at the gym after a week off because of the cataract surgery. I am glad NOT to be ironing!

I have a yen for some California rolls for lunch. So before my treatment, it's off to the Japanese restaurant today.

Have a good day!
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Hot in Orlando today but think I'll pop in to Epcot and have lunch in China. I heard that Disney has the monorail up and running again after that serious accident. Have a nice weekend everyone!!
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Hot Texas, where we are one day 13 of above 100 degrees.

I am starting to feel like a Vampire. We only go out at night, unless we can't avoid it.

Guess what I am about to do? Book a cruise for when Jim comes back, and the trial is over with.

I called our TA yesterday, and when she said in that sad voice,"Luanne, we have been praying for you" I begin to cry. I did manage to tell them what I wanted and to get the prices,but it has taken me until this morning to decide to do it. It is good that it's almost a year away, because I sure couldn't go yet.

Jim e-mailed this morning. He has finally arrived in Iraq. He has been sitting in a tent for the last week, waiting for the sand storms to end.

Well, I hope all are okay.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

As Mr. Rogers would say, "It's a beautiful day in the nieghborhood." We have been very fortunate here in NY to have cooler than normal temperatures with no humidity. I guess it's the payback for all the rain we had in June. It certainly does not feel like July.

Had a very interesting shopping experience yesterday. I had gone to Macy's last week for the 4th of July sales and found that the store was loaded with summer clothes. In fact, it looked like no one had bought anything for the summer. Got some excellent things for our cruise. Returned yesterday to check it out, and couldn't believe that there was not one single summer item in the store. It was loaded with fall merchandise. I wonder where all the summer stuff went in less than one week?

Not much on today's agenda - grocery shopping and normal errands.

Good day to all reading this post.

Leyla from Long Island
Old July 10th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Now that the day's over......................

Had to be in Johnson City early this morning to be at my Cardiologist's and have my ICD checked. He wasn't there, I only needed to see the tech from Biotronix. So sad; there in a large frame was a portrait of the adorable 17 month old that my physician and his wife just lost. Alongside the portrait was a book of snap shots. I fully admit the `ol eyes were brimming as I closed the book. They're going to reschedule my cardioversion (known as "Put the paddles to 'em!") as either my Atrial Fib or my congestive heart failure or maybe both, are increasingly sapping my energy. Even dropping ovewr 10 pounds didn't help.

As a result of the above, it was not only physically necessary but made me feel not as guilty for taking a nap after we returned home.

Mike, I hope you didn't mind but I just had to send the essence of your problem with Home Depot to a friend in Management at the local Lowe's. I'm sure he'll reply that they're just as stupid. Wouldn't it be fantastic if when you ordered a fancy shmancy new car, the same thing occurred? Somehow, I don't think that will ever happen!

Todd