Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday july 11

A very good saturday morning to all cruisemates.

May you all have a great weekend as well.

We are having a sunny morning here in central Connecticut, but we have not had any summer at all. Some of our days have been warm but not hot.
We have not yet needed our AC.

Cheers

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Top `o the mornin' to you Manuel and all who follow.

This morning again dawned bright and sunny in upper East Tennessee. Highs today are forecast to be in the mid to higher eighties. Last week was originally to be around ninety with sun and a few thunderstorms. While we did have sunny days we received far more precip than was forecast and the highs remained in the mid eighties for the most part. As they say around these parts, "Stick around for ten minutes and the weather will change."

Nothing on tap today of any import. Will take Fran this evening to the Chinese Buffet up in Johnson City. On the buffet are steamed Snow Crab legs and they're large ones. The ones found in the frozen case at our local supermarkets are now around $6.99 a pound. I eat that much just for an appetizer. They also have iced oysters on the half shell and their cocktail sauce is excellent. I saw oysters on the half shell at a restaurant awhile back and they were six dollars for a half dozen. At that rate I'll have twelve to eighteen bucks worth. And it's all of the above for eleven bucks including beverage! Can't beat them apples. At those prices, who cares about ambience?

Hope everyone gets out and has a fantastic Saturday!

Prayers of cours continue for those on the list along with a request for manifold Blessings on everyone!

Todd
Old July 11th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's sunny and warm at 20C (68F).
Not exactly July weather, but at least it's not raining....yet. It is supposed to thunderstorm later in the day.

Yesterday was a great weather day for our visit to Santa's Village north of Montreal in the Laurentians. Hot, but breezy and cool all the same, and we had lots of fun on the slides, air-bounce, bumper boats, go-karts, ride-on cars, miniature train, climbing apparatus, petting zoo and of course, seeing Santa in his summer chalet!
In answer to Judy's question, no I did not do all of those things, I'm too big to fit most of them, but the big slides (down the mountain on a burlap bag) are a lot of fun!

Today I plan to do some packing around the visits by prospective buyers of our house. It has been on the market only 2 days and we've had so many visitors I can't believe it. I thought everyone was on vacation at this time of year!

donna
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well today is a good day. I finally got my return airfare booked this morning for our Oct. Nov. Cruise and it was a great deal, so I am happy!

D/S and D/D ended up spending the entire day with Grandma and Grandpa. They had lots of excitement fishing from the dock behind their house. D/D caught her first fish ever. It was a catfish and she was very intrigued by all the horns and pokey appendages it had. Grandma took the hook out and released it, so no injuries were reported. D/S caught 3 fish, one was a huge 18 inch bass, The Grandparents were amazed the boy was able to get it in all by himself. They were so excited they forgot to take a picture of the big one, but I may be able to get hold of the other pictures once Grandma figures out how to get them out of her cell phone .

Today I have nothing on the go really. I think we'll just hang out here and chill fo a while. It is drizzly and humid outside. I have 5 arborvitae trees I picked up for 70% off yesterday at Lowes and if the humidity dissipates I may go out and plant them later today, or maybe not.

I also found a beautiful Pink Mandeville and some other stuff while I was out and about.

Mike asked about the Dermatologist appointment yesterday. It went pretty good. He zapped a few more sun damaged spots and I expect they should heal quickly. No big whoop in the whole scheme of things. I just like to get that stuff cared for so I don't have problems later on.

Lord knows the weekend passes much too quickly so make the most of it!! Have fun!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 11th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. I don't get my the morning thread much anymore so I thought I would stop in and say HI. I've been awake since about 5:30 (why do I do that on my day off) and out of bed since 6:30. It seems like noon to me know. Not sure what our plans are today. Today is usually my house cleaning day, that sounds like loads of fun...

Everyone have a great day. Vicki

Need some cruise help?
Old July 11th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning from nice and cool, Virginia Beach. I was out early this morning hitting a few garage sales; I picked up a brand new food processor at a church rummage sale for $5.00. Then I took a ride on my new bicycle that Rob had bought for me yesterday afternoon. (after hitting three different bike shops, the third one had a summer clearance sale. My motto is to buy on sale! Todd Rob and I love nothing better than Chinese buffets. May you and Fran enjoy your dinner there. Later in the aftenoon Rob and I are headed to a picnic to gather with friends. Make it a great day, fellow cruisemates!
Old July 11th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Captain

Morning, ya'll!
I don't ever make the mmorning thread but am killing time while waiting to board the Ecstasy later. We drove in last night and spent the night with DD and her family in Galveston. Took darling Granddaughter to IHOP for b'fast so mom and dad could sleep in. Then took her down to the dock to see the ship Gammy and PawPaw would be leaving on later. AAAARRGH - no ship! She is late arriving ETA, 10 A. We could see her coming in as we pulled away. So, more hugs and kisses from the grandbabies - aw, shucks --- theeeen on to umbrella drinks and dancing under the stars.

Life is good! Wishing you all a relaxing day.

MagnoliaBlossom
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday July 11

Good morning from sunny, and hot, Southern California. This will be a triple digit day, so I am told. I surely do wish that I were setting off on a cruise today! Actually, I dreamed I went to South America! And, no, I don't own a Maidenform bra! Remember that old ad?

Well, the radiologist doesn't think I'm getting red enough. Starting Monday, I have to have the bolus taped on every day. Here is the definition of a bolus: "In radiation therapy, a bolus is a tissue equivalent substance placed on the skin in order to achieve the required dose distribution to the target site . . ." In my case, that means it will intensify the dosage and make it redder, and needless to say, more sore.

I would like to go to Pasadena for lunch today. I hope Keith does, too! Have a good day, all!

Judy
Old July 11th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Good morning all. Yes, it's supposed to be really hot today here in Etiwanda. Well it's starting to feel like summer. Nothing really going on today just taking it easy. I think I'll try my hand at beer can chicken a little later. Have a great day all.