Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Sunday Sun!

Hi Kids,
The day looks like it will be a good one as we head to the Cape, and maybe, on to Provincetown, we shall see. These friends were our first, as a married couple...we lived in the same apartment biulding, and, are still sharing the ups and downs of life

So, a day for some shopping, shmoozing and, sun....A good thing!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Trip, and others to follow from a sunshine day, after a miserable day yesterday with heavy rain thunder and lightening! We went to dinner with friends last night which was nice. Today mainly house work and errands.
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good Sunday Morning to you Trip and Delft and to all our cruisemates who follow.

Nothing on tap save a run to Wally World on this, a sun filled Sunday here in upper East Tennessee. Had my fill of oysters and crab last night, both of which were exceptionally good.

Today we return to our typical Sunday dinner routine with today's menu including a tossed salad with a dressing of homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette, Roast rump of beef (roasted medium rare to rare) with a rich brown gravy, roasted potatoes, steamed asparagus, hot yeast rolls and for dessert, French Vanilla ice cream drizzled with Fox's "U-Bet" chocolate syrup.

Hope all of my beloved cruisemates have an outstanding Sunday and of course, prayers continue for those on the list along with a request for Blessings on everyone.

Todd
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Captain

Good Morning Trip, Delft and all to follow

Yes it is a beautiful Sunday morning, setting here playing on the computer and listing to some Jimmy Buffet and dreaming of my next cruise. In about 45 minutes I will wake up the wife with a cup of coffee. Then later on it will be off to church.

Tomorrow I get to start another day of work, O' Boy.

Well you all have a great Alabama Day?

Irish 8)

May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
the foresight to know where you're going
and the insight to know when you're going too far.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!!!
It looks like it will be a beautiful day here in Indiana. Me likey!!! Not much on the go. d/s and I are the only ones awake here. Looks as though we are going to watch Pink Panther 2 together this morning. Then I will whip up breakfast and the fun will begin woohoo! I love summer! Late yesterday afternoon the rain stopped and the sun came out, I cleaned out the pool and we all went swimming for a while. About 9 the kids went to bed and I went out to have a relaxing soak in the hot tub and watched the sun set as fog rolled in. It was a cool sight to see.

Today looks like it will be very nice indeed! Hope you all have a great day too! WE have to live it up, because tomorrow, it's back to the salt mine again.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Captain

It is a sunny morning here in Southern Ohio, but yesterday evening was
a complete different story. We had a tornado touch down about 20 miles from us, damaged some mobile homes but no injuries, thank God. My d/d had just dropped her 2 girls off for an evening with Mamaw & Papaw when the rain, thunder, lightning and WIND started rolling in. We had a pop awning up on the deck, notice I said HAD! The wind ripped it loose and then the rain filled up in it and we watched as it slowly collapsed down. Not salvagable! We stayed hunkerd down until it all finally passed watch lawn furniture blow around, trees bend to the ground, then the hail as it started. After about 30 minutes of this it began to let up.
We were suppose to take the girls to a great-nephew's 1st birthday party at 5 pm but no way could we leave in the storm. Finally around 6:30 we ventured out to only find destruction everywhere. Trees down, ponds overflowing, siding off houses, and more. We decided we had better try and get to our d/d house and make sure it was ok. That was an adventure as the roads were blocked with trees and in places covered with mud. Things were fine at her house so we went to check on her mil who lives next door. She to was fine with the exception of a flooded basement. The next little burg to the south us got hit even harder than we did, that is where my sister lives. They had no electric, no phones, and could not get out due to trees down. In this little town they had to evacuate the nursing home, which was done with no incidents.
We were lucky our electric only went off for a short time but many around here are still out. My SIL called to say the power company said it would be the middle of next week before they can get everyone back on. She is bringing the things she has in her fridge frezzer over her to put in our big frezzer. No chuch for us today as there is no power at the church. We will just say our prayers at home today. We have much to be thankful for, we are all safe and things that were damaged can be replaced or fixed.
Weather man said we had gotten 3.6 inches of rain in 1 hours. That's a lot of water. Hopefully today will be much better!

Prayers out to all.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from "tornado house". (No disrespect to Sue's area where people were really hit by tornadoes.)

It was named that by my granddaughter when she walked in yesterday. She said: "Grandpa; Your house looks like a tornado went through it".

It is because of the painting and all the furniture is in the middle of the living room, family room and dining room with "stuff" piled on top of it. It should be back to normal by Wednesday of next week. Painting the entire house is a major undertaking. My nephew is taking about twice as long as Betty did five years ago when she painted but he is doing a much better job and the different colors are a great change.

Today will be a "break day" with the kids and nothing is hard coded on the agenda so we'll just play it by ear.

Trip: I love "old friends". I have three close friends I have known since elementary school and we meet with them quite often and Betty has a couple of friends from right after she came to this country that we love to see.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and a FANTASTIC week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Well good morning everyone! It is dawning a beautiful day here at the Jersey Shore. Marj and I may go to the little beach near our house to wave goodbye to the departing tourists on the Garden State Parkway.

Trip, we will be those tourists next week as we will be in Dennis Port on the Cape next Saturday for a week. Looking forward to whale watching and exploring a bit along with just having beach days.

This will be the longest week at work,

Todd, what time should we drop by for dinner???? Actually I will be preparing chicken with a beer can up its butt for dinner with corn on the cob.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Bathsheba, Barbados

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a water-logged Montreal.
Yesterday was just plain horrendous for a weekend. Rain all day, then heavy heavy rain with mighty thunderstorms and lighting all evening.
We had visitors all day long in and out of our house.
'We must have had a dozen visits so far, and 2 offers, so don't say the real estate market is drying up!

Egads, there's more here now, gotta run....

donna
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Doug,

Your roasted chicken sounds scrumptious and is something often on our menu. Years ago, as a result of an infomercial (although we purchased the item through QVC), we purchased the large Ron Popeil Rotisserie oven for I believe $110 dollars on one of those special sales. Up to that time we loved the chicken now found at supermarkets but it was so darned expensive. We were, to be truthful, stunned to discover that here, something hawked on late night TV, was literally as good as Popeil advertised it to be.

In an hour we had a four pound chicken that was cooked through yet even the white meat was juicy and all at a fraction of what it cost for a chicken weighing half as much at the grocery. I've used it for everything from BBQ to prime rib and it is still "the best."

Of course though we've tried a couple of times (yeah, I fell for the Shamwow so if you haven't, DON'T!) we've never received anything to equal the quality in Popeil's oven. I'll probably use it for today's roast.

Todd

Todd
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Sun

Good morning from Southern California where another hot day is a-brewing. We had 99 yesterday but an adjacent community hit 105. Anyway, both temps are plenty hot for me.

Nothing much on tap here other than some coffee, breakfast and the Sunday paper. We have three shore excursions picked out for our cruise to Hawaii. Nothing cheap about them, either We didn't schedule anything for the Kona Coast because of the cost. That's an interesting area because of all the lava. I'm glad I saw it years ago.

Trip, have a good time today.
RD, looks like you're having good luck on your house sale. Does that mean that you bought one in Nova Scotia?
Todd and Doug, bon appetite!

Have a good day, everybody!

Judy
Old July 12th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Admiral

RD on the news they said that the market where we live actually gained in terms of increase in house sales, so it does not surprise me. We have not had the difficulty in real estate that can be seen in the USA. My cousins home in the USA has been on the market for over a year now, and it is a beautiful home. When I sold the farm, it did not take long at all.
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Delft, it wasn't so much the market and the economy that had me worried, it was the fact that half the province seems to be on vacation right now, I was sure no-one would be buying right now, but boy was I ever wrong!
And to answer Judy's question, yes, we found a house in Nova Scotia!

donna
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Naw, Remember Contruction Holiday has not hit yet !