Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Admiral

Default monday july 13th

Good morning cruisemates.

I hope you all have a nice day and a beautifull week.

We will be criving to Cape Cod. Will be staying in S, Yarmouth untill friday.

I don't expect great weather, but I allways enjoy spending some time on the Cape.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Captain

Default Monday, July 13

Hey, I just noticed......Friday the 13th comes on Monday this month.....
Old July 13th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning Manuel and all who follow.

Age has made its inexorable progress and I'm now wearing reading glasses. The real problem, however, occurs when I'm driving, my vision has declined to the extent that it is somewhat clearer without rather than with glasses! I think the decline is more age related as opposed to diabetes but in any event, the change in prescription will be the first of any major degree in fifty years. Consequently, it's a 9:30 am Opthamologist's appointment for me.

Prayers continue for those on the list along with a request for Blessings on everyone!

Todd
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Admiral

The longest week at work has begun.... Thursday at 2 pm vacation begins. We will drive to Wallingford, Conneticut on Friday night since I have frequent customer points for a free stay and proceed to Dennisport in Cape Cod on Saturday for a week stay. Both Marj and I need the break.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Dover Beach, Barbados

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Another great day here, and that makes me smile Manuel, & Doug, you have to try and eat at Spankys, In Hyannis, right on the water. We have been dining there for years, and, its just delish!

In Mashpee Commons, there is a shop there, that I go into every time we visit....I walked in, and they loved the jewelry I had on...I asked if they had Facebook, where I archive my designs, and in a matter of minutes, they wanted me to consign with them....I am thrilled...there is an outside show, on Saturday, do I need to ship some baubles down. I am thrilled

Make it a good one....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 13th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Well just watched the weather for the week - rain showers every day, even thru the weekend, and we will be hard pressed to even reach temps as high as 75 - it is discouraging, and depressing and there is not one little thing I can do about it. This am it is less than 50 and pretty breezy, so pretty unpleasant.

Well - I am a great auntie, again. Poor baby stopped breathing shortly after birth - nurse found her blue in the nursery. So she will be having a hospital stay until at least Wed.

A busy week here, then another busy weekend in Maine - hope the weather is better there.

Trip - awesome news about your jewlery business! Yeah to Facebook for helping in your new endeavor. Hope you creations are a big hit.

Todd- hope your eye appt. goes well
Happy Vacation to those who are or soon will be relaxing.

Good day all,
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Trip congrats on your new acquisition! That is wonderful!
Todd, I tell you, I really, really hate my deteriorating eyesight. Once the first kid was born my ability to se fine print went to pot. I went to the doc a while back and he asked me about my vision changes, I said I was sure it was all my kids fault. He laughed and informed me it was because I was getting old! Can you believe that? The nerve!

Manuel and Doug have fun! Wish I was with you guys, sounds like lots of fun.

Well today is just lots of follow up for d/s's surgery next week, I am really getting nervous. D/s is not... go figure. I have lots of stuff to do this week, so when he is recuperating, I can solely focus on just him. I have to get his knee walker ordered. It's kind of like a scooter and is a nice alternative to crutches. On Friday I go down to drugstore and pick up all his meds he'll need for after the surgery. I am going to make him a temporary bed up in the dining room so he doesn't have to go too far to the bathroom and it will be a while before he can get up into his loft bed again.

There's always stuff to be done. I need to get on it. I hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Good Mornin' "Mates"
Beenie, Getting old beats hell out of the alternative!
Trip, congrats on your "new customer". I'm sure you'll do great there.
Doug, Sounds like a GREAT alternative to a cruise. Enjoy
Todd, I've got Glaucoma, so have to go to the eye doc 3 times a year. He says my vision is "just fine" but it seems to me it gets worse all the time. Couldn't be that we are getting older,,,,,could it?
Pootersdad, you just had to bring that up didn't you?
Manuel, wish me and Vita P. were on the Cape with you. Enjoy!
VTJen, you know what they say,,,if you don't like the weather, just wait a day or two and it'll change. Hang in there.

See y'all aboard,

Ken
"SKY"
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where Mother Nature seems to think it's October instead of July. It is only 14C (57F) this morning, dull, and looks like rain.
I don't know what happened to summer, but this is getting ridiculous!

Yesterday was another day of endless visits, I've lost count of how many people, agents and kids have come through our house.
The one constant was our dog Emma, she was a big hit with everybody, and everyone wanted to know if the dog came with the house!

Trip, teriffic news about your jewelry! Congratulations!
I visited a Beads store on Sat, to get some clasps fixed, and you would go crazy in there!

VTJen, misery loves company, isn't our weather awful?

Beenie, does your d/s have a pair of rollerblade knee pads? They came in very handy when my daughter was 13 and had both feet operated on.
She was able to crawl on her knees to the bathroom, and all over the apt. on those knee pads, as she was too heavy at that age to carry!

Doug, roll on 2pm Thursday!

Todd, I just had to get my glasses renewed, my sight has deteriorated and I can't read a thing anymore without them!

Manuel, enjoy Cape Cod, hope the weather improves for you.

donna
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Admiral

RD, they did both feet at the same time? Wow! I do have knee pads here. I told d/s he has to get his room cleaned up so he can get through it without being tripped up by all the stuff he has laying around. Perhaps when they clean up their rooms I will be able to locate the knee pads .
I am not sure if you mentioned it, but do you recall what procedures she had done?

Old July 13th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Beenie, yes, she had turned-in 2nd toes on both feet, her 2nd toes curled under the big toe and had to be straightened by putting a pin in them.
Unfortunately I had left it too long, not realizing how deformed they were, so their growth was stunted over the years, and once they were straightened, she ended up with what she calls "mini toes", where her 2nd toes are much shorter than the rest. She refuses to this day to wear open-toed shoes, but other than that, the surgery was a success, and we all had a good chuckle at her "kneeing" her away around the apt. looking like Tim Conway....

donna
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Default Monday July 13

Good morning from Southern California. VtJen and RD, please send some of those cool temps our way! Gonna be hot here.

Nothing much on tap. Keith has a dr.'s appt. and I am starting the last full week of radiation treatments.

Have a nice day!

Judy
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:19 PM
First Mate

Ggreetings to all from central Connecticut....

Doug, we lived in Wallingford for 29 years....I imagine the place you will be staying is just off I-91...

We had a great time with the grand-urchins this past week end.....dropped them off Sunday at noon to thier other grandparents.....

Well, we are officially on our way...out of Fat City....Mrs. S and I have begun a spartan regime today to shed unwanted pounds.....in a couple of hours we will embark on out 2 mile walk....nothing fats just yet, but at least some exercise....

Best wishes and prayers to all....