Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Captain

Default Good Morning Tuesday

Good Morning my fellow CMs,

Yes it is Tuesday, the start of new week but not really. Tuesday and Thursdays are just days that are. It is not the beginning or the end of another week and it is not Hump day they are just fillers. Well I guess you have to have something in there. I would prefer to work just three days a week and be off four, now that would be fun. Well enough of my rambling Good Morning.

Well I guess I better go off to work and earn more money for our next cruise.

You all have a great Tuesday and a great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)

May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings,
slow to make enemies, quick to make friends.
But rich or poor, quick or slow,
may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Admiral

Good Morning where we were promised sun but have again light rain. Light rain yesterday ? No , not exactly, try violent thunder storms with hail and lightening and noise so loud every one was a little aprehensive. Maybe it matched my mood which was not the greatest. It was a day where I did the awful chore of going to the funneral home to start some plans for my mother. I figure I better have a plan in mind before it happens, while I have a calm head about it all. Today hospital for me, then the office and errands. Have a great day every one.
Old July 14th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Admiral

GOOD MORNING FELLOW CRUISEMATES!

Now that I have everyone's attention, I only have to say that today's chores fit the type of day that Irish has stated, this Tuesday is tire rotation and mow the lawn day.

Sounds to me Delft, as if the Indian Monsoon season has migrated to the province of Quebec. The dawn sun rose above the mountains into a beautiful azure sky here in upper East Tennessee. By the time I get around to the lawn chores, the temp promises to be quite warm at around 90. Today, I'd keep my skies and trade for your temps, Delft.

B/W, your son is really a brave trooper! He'll bounce back before you know it following his surgery; certainly not how folks my age do!

Prayers for those on the list as well as for Blessings on everyone!

Todd
Old July 14th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

I hope you all have a lovely filler day .

Delft I will be thinking of you today as you care for your Mother's final affairs. It must be terribly difficult to attack these tasks but I think it will only be harder if you wait. Right now, you can put the thought and care into the planning we often lack when under stress and pressure. You are a wonderful daughter and sister.

Today the kidlets are back to Grandmas to go fishing and wreak havoc in general. We're all trying to pack lots of fun into the next week and two days before d/s's surgery since he will lose at least a month of his summer while he recoups. He is really looking forward to the cruise we have scheduled at the end of October. By then he should be in pretty good shape. I found a study online for other children who have undergone the same procedure. All of the kids reported dramatic relief and went on to have the other foot done. That gives me a lot of peace.

We had some terrific excitement yesterday. I mentioned my neighbor's oldest daughter was expecting her first child. Well I spoke to the youngest daughter in the morning saying all was well, and she had a doctor's appt. that morning. Well yesterday afternoon about 4:00 I got a bit of a frantic call explaining the baby was in distress and and an emergency c-section was planned within the hour. They asked if I could come over and help them find flights right away to Boston and make their arrangements. I found them flights leaving at 7:55 from Indy. So by 5:55 they were on the road on their way to the airport. I got a phone call at around 6:30 informing me that little Colby came into the world weighing 8 pounds and Mommy and Baby were doing well. So life is good!

I think I'll let the kids sleep a while longer this morning. They will be so tired tonight after a full day of fishing at Grandmas. They will need their rest.

Todd, thanks for the words of encouragement. You reminded me, I need to schedule an oil change and tire rotation for d/h's car.
Not much else going on today. Hope it's a good one for all of you!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Another nice day..so many in a row now, I am shaking my head I am watching Lucy and Aiden today, so, that will keep me on my toes...

Off before that, for a few errands...BW, I'm glad to see your son will be up and around before you know, it, and with your loving touch, it will be made easier for

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 14th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a dreary Montreal, once again, showers in the forecast.
I just hope it's not thunderstorms like yesterday, we had crying kids at nap time because the thunder and lightning and hailstones were so loud!

This morning I am in shock. Last night we got a call from our agent, after yet 2 more evening visits, that the first offer and counter offer had been accepted and our house is officially sold!
5 days on the market and it's sold! We were stunned, and now the fun begins.
My hubby has been packing since we got home from Nova Scotia last week, and now he's going into overdrive. We may soon be eating off paper plates and plastic forks!

Despite all the panic, we are really looking forward to this new chapter in our lives. I'm sure we will love living in the country, and the slower pace of life there.

Trip, enjoy the grandbabies today, and Delft, wishing you strength to get through this day....

donna
Old July 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Admiral

What fantastic news, R/D! Congratulations!

Now, as the saying goes, comes the hard part. Nonetheless you'll be unpacked and ensconced in your new castle before you realize it.

I know I speak for all my fellow cruisemates when I say I'm thrilled for you!

Todd
Old July 14th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Donna that is great news. The next chapter in your life starts now.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old July 14th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Absolutely fantastic Rd!!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 14th, 2009, 11:01 AM
First Mate

Congratulations on the sale of your house. A new chapter in your life now begins. BTW, have you purchased a home in Nova Scotia? If you did, I must have missed the post.
Old July 14th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Tuesday

Good morning from Southern California. Another hot one begins!

RD, that's great news! Lots of folks here in CA are very envious of you to get your house sold that fast. I didn't know you had bought a house, either. Musta just missed the news. Tell us all about it !

Yesterday, I received two bits of news. First , I won't have to do the bolus every day, just three times a week. I'm getting redder (and feeling the discomfort) but "not quite there yet," as the doctor puts it. Also, at the end of the week, I will have finished the regular radiation therapy, and will have one more week of treatment at the incision cite and just at the top where the breast was, since that's where the tumor was located. So I won't be done with this phase of treatment until July 31.

I booked two shore excursions yesterday. Had a lot of trouble doing that on line and wound up calling HAL. Later I'll book a whale watching tour, but not thru HAL. Lots cheaper going right to Navatek, the people that build the boat and run the whale waqtching shore excursions. Whale watching's not in season yet. All the years I've lived in SoCal, I've never gone whale watching.

Have a good day, all!

Judy
Old July 14th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning, from soon to be afternoon, Virginia Beach. Today is the one day of the week that it isn't supposed to rain. I thought that showers come in April! I dutifully went to the gym this morning and then stopped at a friend's house to drop off a restuarant coupon. I now have to start preparing dinner, eat, and then head off to work. Business is way down but I am greatful that I still have a job, even though it means less hours. Make Tuesday a great one, fellow cruisemates!
Old July 14th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Congratulations RD on the sale of your house. That sure was fast!
We haven't even put ours on the market yet---dragging our feet as we really love being in WI for the summer. Things aren't selling around here so once we do it, I don't expect results anything like yours. I'm excited for you and your new adventure.

Phyll