Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Default It's Hump Day!

Good Wednesday morning to all Cruisemates on land and at sea!

On tap this morning is Fran's CT scan. Then I think we might take in lunch at a little Thai Restaurant that has just opened near where we live.

Hope all 'o you'uns have a good'un!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I woke up to thunder and lightening this morning. It is now raining cats and dogs. I lost the satellite signal so I have no background noise. Just the sound of the rain pouring down outside. We're supposed to go over to the neighbors for a cookout tonight, not sure if that will work out or not. I am pretty sure though that I won't have to water flowers today though lol.

Todd my thoughts and prayers will be with you and Fran today. I hope all news will be positive.

Well I got the last of the arrangements for d/s's surgery completed yesterday. I sent the kids off to clean their rooms. Less than 30 minutes later they both emerged and guess what, their rooms were actually clean. I could get used to this! They're growing up!

Have you ever really stopped and thought about how technology has changed your lives. This morning I had a reflective moment and I never dreamed something that cost under $1000 at the time could make such an impact on how I live my life. 13-14 years ago I was completely computer illiterate, I decided to go out and buy a computer. I am really not sure why I bought a computer, but I did. It came with a trial membership to Compuserve. So I tried that out and I was hooked. Turns out, had I never bought that computer, I never would have met my husband, of course never would have had my kids, would never have never started my business, or start working in the technology field. Not sure what my hubby would have done with his life. He accomplished his goals of becoming a Technology Trainer through a series of lucky breaks and hard work as we built our life together, which likely would not have presented themselves where he lived before we met.
It's funny how that pivotal moment when I purchased that computer turned out to be a catalyst that facilitated so many facets of the life we have now built together. Wow amazing! Which leads me to one of my core beliefs. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A COINCIDENCE!

So that being said, have a great day! Keep a watchful eye out for those golden opportunities that may change your life in a great way, forever!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Great weather here, and my kids are taking advantage of it, and heading up to Canabie Lake Park in N.H. perfect weather for that...I will watch the baby, so less stress and more fun for them.

I have been busy, getting my jewelry stock together, and some more beading, for my trip to Mashpee, and the new store I will be in. I am very excited

Todd, wishing you and Fran the best news today, ans BW, I have been chatting cruises online now, since 1996, when we used to pay per minute to be on AOl..OY

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 15th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where we are supposed to have a reprieve from the rain today. Our TV weather forecaster advised everyone to take the day off today and enjoy some sunshine, because it's the last we're gonna see for days......

Things are moving with the house sale, we had the building inspector in yesterday and all is well apparently. He even told us we have a very nice home!

Meanwhile, packing is into overdrive. The cruise room is bare, no more ship-on-a-sticks or ship models, no more laminated jigsaws of ships, just the bare walls I recently painted. I guess all that hard work paid off!

The kitchen cupboards are bare too, except for the essentials like daily dishes, but if my husband had his way, we'd be eating off paper plates and plastic forks for the next 2 months!

Better get ready for work, and hopefully I won't have to wear a JACKET to work again today! It's ridiculous for July!!

donna
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Admiral

good morning..Todd, if one works on weekends, what day becomes "hump day ?
Old July 15th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Venice,

You actually mean there are people besides those in law enforcement who work on weekends in this country? Why I declare!

Todd
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Captain

Late getting on here this morning. I have been busy getting things ready for our camping weekend which we get to start tomorrow. Trying to load as much as I can because we will be going out the next 4 weekends to do square dance weekends. It will be so much fun, if the rain holds out. BW please don't send it our way!
Todd, prayers to you and Fran. Hope all test come back OK.
RD - what luck in selling your house so quick! Just hope I have that kind of luck when we put ours on the market next spring.
Trip - enjoy the day with the baby, and I know you will. Glad to hear you are going to be selling your beads in another store, Good Luck with it.

Well, it is off to the grocery for stock for the camper. Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Default It's Hump Day

A good Wednesday morning from Southern California. The heat continues.

Todd, I wish good news for Fran today.
RD, happy packing!

No big plans here. Just my treatment this afternoon. Carl, the technician, told us some funny stories yesterday.

Have a good one!

Judy
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

The final bedroom is being painted as I type. Overall, everything looks great. I'm not too excited about a couple of the colors that Betty's decorator friend talked her into but I'll live with them.

I am now calling my nephew "Eldon" (from the old Murphy Brown show). We're beginning to think he's the perpetual painter. Doing the entire house (including closets and ceilings) is a big job and he should be completely done tomorrow.

After that it's two days at the waterpark with the grandkids and then we'll be back and put everything back together in the house and "weed" out a lot of the stuff that was on the walls and the knick-knacks to have less stuff to deal with and make cleaning easier.

BW: Sorry to hear it's raining cats and dogs. Don't step in a poodle. Old, bad joke.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Feeling hot hot hot out here today in my part of CA---
Wishing everyone a great day-- continued thoughts and prayers going out to all---
Cheers
April
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM
First Mate

Dear Mates,
Wishing my best to Fran on her checkup. Colorado finally warmed up, It should be 97 today. Not bad inside with AC. I also have just discovered Face Book. I am in contact with classmates and friends that I hadn't seen since 1975. It has been fun. Also my fellow teachers have gotten me into playing a few games. I am especially enjoying farming.
Yesterday DH had checkups with the cardiologist and today we got a call from him stating that everything is fine. Now we can schedule his neck surgery. This summer has been a process of hurry up and wait for the next appointment.
I plan to enjoy my next three weeks of freedom before heading back to school. RD the move sounds like it is going to happen.
Have a good one everyone.

jojo
Old July 22nd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all. DW and I have been on vacation all week and just got back in town. We were in Las Vegas since Friday. Man it was 115 degrees there and muggy. We drove through Death Valley on the way to Vegas and temp was 128 degrees. I think we will start to relax tomorrow. Tonight we are going to see Earth, Wind & Fire and Chicago. The arena is about 4 miles from home. Enjoy your evening everyone.