Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2009, 01:58 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday has arrived

It's almost 2 AM and I am finally able to soon go to bed. My mother is finally asleep. She had a really tough evening. DS happily set up his brand new desk top this evening, and transfered files from his lap top and all is set up and running. It's a really nice machine for sure. The dogs are fast asleep. I just hung out the wash in hopes it will dry in the sunshine they predict for tomorrow. I will admit todays wash is all dry after a full day of sunshine. I also did several loads for my mother/sister and hung that up as well outside. I try and think why it is I never bought shares in Tide detergents. I think I am their best customer! Actually I am using the Costco brand now, ( Kirkland) and I like it quite alot. It also did very well on consumer testing and in fact was a best pic. Sam was talking about the cottage/condo ( two story cottage in a time share complex) when we went away and he mentioned to a co worker that it had a nice washing machine etc. The guy asked why would you want that? So he said so we can do the wash and if a family stays for more than a week you can do the bedsheets and so on easily. ( if you didnt want daily cleaning services) He answered bedsheets after a week? Apparently he didnt do his but once a month.... So every one have a great day !
Old July 21st, 2009, 08:28 AM
Captain

Been up and moving for hours just didn't get online until now. The sun is shinning, I have laundry started with hopes of getting it all done. I have plenty of it from our weekend camping trip. I have to get it done and repack as we are off again on Friday AM for the 2nd of 4 weekends of camping and square dancing. It is so much fun being with good friends.
Yesterday I spent the day with the grandkids, as the regular babysitter's daughter was ill and she didn't want to expose anyone else to it. It was a day of playing and watching SpongeBob! Had a great time with them. We were able to spend some time outside before it clouded up and looked like rain.
Hope al mates have a great day. Prayers to all those in need.

Delft, hope the sun shines for you and yours.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 21st, 2009, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where we are enjoying our 2nd straight day of sunshine and warmth - a rarity this summer!

I spent yesterday afternoon outdoors with all the kids in the wading pools.
We had great big 3-colour popsicles, then had to throw all the kids back in the pools to wash off the drips!
If this sun holds out, we'll probably do the same today...

Tonight is "date night", hubby and I are going to see the new Harry Potter movie. I have read every book several times over, and can't wait to see the movie!

Wishing all my Mates a lovely July day..... 8)

donna
Old July 21st, 2009, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to All, it's a dreary day here, a bit humid this morning after a brief storm during the night. And it looks like more rain today.
I'm at work and it's rather slow (which I like) but I know when I want to do some research on independent tours for the cruise in Jan - I'll get busy with folks bothering me! ( I have my priorities!)

I think we're to have rain all week which is typical as it's "Fair Time" here in Ks. and it never fails to rain at least one day and sometimes the entire week - I've got 5 counties plus the State Fair to judge in the areas of Arts/Crafts and Foods. So I'll be busy the next few weeks.

Everyone have a great day and prayers for all of you are in need of a special request.
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............another hot day here.....guess summer has arrived........

Not much going on today......just a check up for Larry........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:16 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a rainy day. It's a good thing and we need it. Today will be a trip to the neurologist to get a CT scan to see if I still have a brain. Hopefully they will find one.

Delft: I don't think I would want to sleep in someone's bed that didn't wash their sheets at least once a week.

RD: Do the kids at the daycare ever get fruit treats?

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Hope everyone is well this fine morning! I have lots to do today. I want to get it done early so I can go outside and enjoy the beautiful day. I got a new wireless outdoor speaker thing so I can hangout on the patio or in the pool and listen to my favorite tunes from the 70's just like I did when I was a kid lol. Those were the days eh?

I had my morning post all typed out hours ago and the computer ate it. So this is a shorter more abbreviated version of it.

Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 21st, 2009, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach where it is supposed to drizzle this afternoon. I did my morning routine at the gym, picked up some groceries at Wal-Mart, had lunch, and will fold laundry. This summer is going by all to fast; in a little over two weeks, Rob and I are headed to Palm Springs. Make it a great day, fellow cruisemates!
Old July 21st, 2009, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Has Arrived

Good morning from Southern California, land of extreme heat warnings!!

Good news from the doctor yesterday: I'm red and sore enough that I don't need any more bolus treatments to intensifiy the radiation. Friday will start treatment on the incision area. Talk about connecting the dots . . . I am covered in blue permanent marker and so is my clothing. No way it won't smear in this heat. I spent some time under that big machine yesterday while they made a new template for the incision. Needless to say, I look forward to July 30 when I don't have to do this any more!

We had a delicious meal last night with meat loaf and fresh corn on the cob from the ag school grown on their campus nearby. I also bought Algerian Mandarin oranges. Ugliest looking things you've ever seen but sweet, moist and delicious once you peel 'em.

Have a good day!

Judy