Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning!

As if one needs further proof that I've gone over the edge, I need only point out my two separate opening posts yesterday!

We are extremely thankful this morning although Fran's latest CT scan was not the almost unqualified good news we're so used to. Swelling in the lymph glands was detected by the scan.

However, it evidently wasn't enough to warrant returning to chemo, at least in her case. Her Oncologist alluded that while "standards" have put most CLL/SCL patients back on chemo just based upon Fran's blood work alone, he does not believe that is necessary in Fran's case.

One of the things we both truly like about her Oncologist as he treats every patient individually based upon their histories rather than just going "by wrote."

Finally, I thank all of you for your wonderful support and prayers on our behalf.

Prayers of course continue for all on the list along with a request for multitudinous Blessings on all.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2009, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Morning Todd, and I'm also thankful for the doctor's assessment of the situation. Please tell Fran I'm thinking of her.

Also thinking of Judy a lot these days and all the treatments she is so bravely enduring. Judy you certainly seem to have kept your positive outlook and sense of humour throughout, so glad to see you posting every day...

Delft as well, with all the challenges facing you and your mother, hang in there and keep strong, and don't worry if you can't check in here every day.

Well, the crappy summer weather continues here in Montreal. It is only 18C this morning (64F) and although semi-clear at the moment, thunderstorms are forecast once again for later in the day.
With the humidity, it might hit 25 (77) but still, that is not hot enough ofr July!

donna
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all. Thinking of you today.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Todd that sounds like much more positive news than what you were bracing yourself for. While not glowing, it could be much worse.

Your post and Trip's the past couple of days combined with a news segment on breast cancer sparked an interesting conversation with my kids yesterday morning and some thoughts today. Yesterday's news segment was about an organization that helps woman who cannot handle the financial aspects of fighting breast cancer and profiled a couple women's experiences. My kids asked me what they were talking about, what was chemo and what was a mastectomy. I explained about what cancer is, and radiation, about removing tumors with surgery etc... My son asked what happened after a mastectomy... my daughter pops up and says oh Bubby don't worry, another one grows back where the old one was. . I said well not exactly.

Strange how kid's perceptions work. I said well don't you remember a few years ago when Oma had an operation to get rid of her breast cancer and when all of her hair fell out all those times she had chemo and a stem cell transplant for the Myeloma? Don't you remember when Mommy took Grandpa to the Doctor to talk about prostate cancer and his radiation treatment?

Well I was stunned and surprised to find out that they remembered none of it.

Oh to be a child.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a memory like that, where we can find such dramatic and traumatic experiences and just shove them right out the back door. Or basically just not even observe those things. Kids are great.

Well today is my last day to get caught up before d/s's surgery. I need to get his lowered bed set up, I also need to clean out my truck and make a comfortable spot for him to lie on the trip home. The house is in pretty good shape. aside from a few cluttered spots. I went down to cvs and found a table he can use when he is in bed or sitting on the sofa.

I contacted the pharmacy yesterday about d/s's meds and they weren't phoned in yet, I then called the doctor and they said it would be done today. I sure hope so.
That's where my head is today. I am very nervous about it all.

D/s will be going to the pool today with his friends. Sort of a last hurrah before he will house bound for a bit. I have to head out early tomorrow, so not sure if I will have time to post before we go. Pray for my boy that God directs the surgeon's hand and the we can both be strong so Mommy doesn't dissolve into a big puddle of tears . What a whimp eh?

Make it a good one folks. I will report on the surgery and how d/s is doing when I can.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. What's that song? "Hot, Hot, Hot!"

Todd, BW is right. While not glowing news, it could be worse. That's what I've told myself through all of this.
RD, the technician has officially connected the dots and has now drawn a free form swimming pool on me. The new treatment begins tomorrow. In a way, I think this radiation thing is worse than the chemo.
BW, I'll be thinking of you and your son on Friday

We plan to go back to Cal Poly and get some more corn on the cob and some more Algerian Mandarin Oranges. The corn will help finish off the meat loaf tonight. The oranges make cool, delicious snacks.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Admiral

B/W,

I was thinking earlier that I would early tomorrow tell you that Fran and I had prayed for your son's quick recovery. I then realized you'd probably be gone by then, something your morning post above comfirmed.

Therefore be assured that prayers will be heading skyward this evening and our thoughts will be with all of you in the morning.

As I said once previously, you certainly have one brave little trooper.

Todd
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning

I lost my post! :evil: Anyway, good morning to you all from sizzling Southern California where the heat warnings just keep getting extended.

Todd, BW is right. While the news is not glowing, it could be worse. That's what I've told myself throughout this whole thing.

RD, the technician has connected the dots and has now drawn a free form swimming pool on me. The new procedure starts tomorrow.

BW, I wish your daughter was right! I'll be thinking of your son tomorrow.

After the oncology center, we will stop by Cal Poly's produce store and get some more corn on the cob and Algerian Mandarin Oranges. The corn will help finish off the meat loaf. The Mandarins make cool and delicious snacks.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old July 23rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Good morning all
Judy I think of you and what your going through---my sister went though the same thing ?----keeping positive--was the only way she made it though----and it didn't help that she lost her full time job while out on medical leave----she just went back to work last week- only to fill out the paper work for her layoff--since her disability time ran out------

gosh if its not one thing it's another----

Thinking positive here myself---it looks to be a great day here in SJ--- the smell of garlic is in the air---since I live just miles away from Gilroy and this weekend is the big garlic festival--------

off to work I go----

cheers
April