Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Default Mamas and Papas (Monday, Monday)

good Monday morning..everyone must have had a heck of a weekend for me to start the thread

have a great day
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Venice and others to follow. Another grey day, after a day of bad thunder storms yesterday such that we lost power. I start the week off tired. I dont' think thats a good thing. Oh well such is life. Have a great day every one.
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

The sun is trying to peak out! The weekend ended up being pretty nice - weather wise.

Yesterday was hectic. Went to church, and it was very busy for me. I had lots to attend to, so I was exhausted when I got home. Planted myself on living room floor with a big mug of coffee, Sunday Paper, laptop, peanut butter toast and the Finale of The Tour. I am always amazed how they ride like that and don't wobble and wipe out other bikers. Armstrong did a fabulous job. It was a good Race all in all, but I think that next year it will be very interesting.

Then it was time to head to the Birthday Party. Had a nice time. My dh's cousin and his wife hosted it. The Birthday boy enjoyed it alot.
After he left we stayed and visited so the cousins could spend some quality time together. I got home just intime to race back to church. Then after wards I took the Pastor and his wife, another couple, and another special needs man out for pizza. I was exhausted when I got home. But it was a good day all in all.

Today: paper work galore. I have a Council meeting tonight, so I must get it all ready. I would rather play outside. Oh, well. I'll get busy.

BW- hows the patient?
Thinking of may of you...
Wishing you all a joy-filled day
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Captain

It started out as a foggy morning but the sun is beginning to burn it off. I am so amazed that we are seeing sunshine, I thought it would never be seen here again. We've had rain, rain and more rain. Wish we could send Paul some of it.
Had a nice weekend square dancing and camping. The rain kept us inside most of the time but we still got to visit with friends and danced during the evening. Managed to get home in time to watch the end of the Nascar race from Indy. Good ending only would have liked to have seen 1st & 2nd swapped around.
Today I have my almost 6 yr old granddaughter with me. If all goes well one of her friends will be over around noon so I will have my hands full, but I love it.
Hope Trip had a great birthday yesterday. BW hope all is going well with your son. Prayers to all those in need. Have a good day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is dull dull dull once again, with thunderstorms in the forecast. As if we didn't have enough of them yesterday!

Looks like another indoor day with the kids at work. Lord, help me!

Actually, going back to work today will be a rest for me. I worked so hard all weekend, packing, cleaning, purging, and trimming and weeding the gardens, I need a rest!

Sometime during the night on Sat/Sun, the "Sold Fairy" appeared and attached the "sold" sign to our "for sale" sign on the lawn, so now we are officially "sold"!
Six more weeks to go, and we are out of here!

donna
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright sunny hot and humid..and may I say..bout time! I hope August gets it's act together, and gives us a summer!

Sue, yesterday we did have a nice dinner, I didn't make, and, happy facees all around...The baby is smiling and cooing, and I ate it up..

Today I have errands, and a zillion calls to make, some concerning out pre cruise in Fll..should I take a 4 star hotel for the price of 2 stars on Hotwire, and gamble, o,r should I stay at the Ramada, where I can get a free shuittle to Miami...problems, problems, but I will figure it out...

Anyone who needs a good thought, I am sending out the good vibes

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 27th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning!

Trip, may I be the first to wish you a Belated Happy Birthday! I know you enjoyed your day.

We are still home, after our RV road trip. We will bed rolling out again in about 11 days -- home only for less than 1 month. Sure has been a busy month!

Looks like a bank that we use (a Texas bank) is in financial trouble and will be closing. A friend seems to think another financial institution will take over the deposits, and the transition will be seamless. My MIL's account is here, but to open another account for her will be VERY difficult. I have to decide what to do about her account, before we leave.

Prayers to those in need.

Hope your start of the week is as good one!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I am still a bit foggy, as I was fortunate enough to go back to sleep after getting up with d/s at 6:00 a.m. and getting d/h out the door to work. I was awakened by my son wh awoke again at 9:00. I leave the phone next to where he's sleeping so no matter where I am in the house, I can hear the intercom ring when he needs me. So I was awakened by the ring ring ring, and a kid who had to go the bathroom really bad... and so my day begins .
Yesterday d/h took off with d/d for a while so she could get a little one on one time. She was in need of undivided attention.
Jen thanks for asking about d/s. He is doing really well. Hee is now down to a half of a tylenol3 every 6 hours. He is kept pretty happy and busy with his toys and his computer. Today I will get him to do a little math work for 45 minutes or so and I have 4 arborvitae I need to plant in the backyard so I will probably just set him up out there by putting a couple of chairs together and let him get some fresh air and sunshine. Then little girlfriend can go swimming or something while we're all out there.
The phone rang earlier and it was the nurse calling to check on d/s. Looks he'll go back to have his dressings changed on Thursday. So that should make for a nce chance to get out for a bit.

Well I better get moving and go make the kiddo's some breakfast now that we're all awake again.

Have a great day everyone!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 27th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............can you say HOT?!?!?!?!?! It's been in the upper 80's & low 90's for us..........very unusual for us....it's suppose to stay this way for the next 2 weeks.........how I wish for a/c!!!!!

BW.........glad to hear d/s is feeling better.......

Trip......those are the kinda decisions I like.........

Off to try & stay cool.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Default Mamas and Pappas (Monday Monday)

Good morning from Southern California. Not too terribly hot but the weather mavens say that will change very soon.

BW, glad to her that your son well on his way to recovery.
Trip, did you make a good birthday haul?

This afternon, I begin my final week of radiation. We'll probably stop at the ag school's produce store on the way home. Mexican lunch today.

Have a god Monday!

Judy
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Hot and humid here in Ct.

That song (monday monday) sure brings back memories. When I was doing basic training in Ft. Knox Ky. we heard that song everyday several times every single day on the radio.

Where did all that time go???

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16 *Anniversary cruise *
Old July 27th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from hot and humid, Virginia Beach. We spent all day Saturday in Williamsburg visiting dear friends. While there, we shopped at the Prime Outlet Mall and gobbled up the sales, especially, at the Izod store. I bought a few new shirts for our trip to Palm Springs, in a week-and-a-half. The time just can't go by fast enough! Anyway nothing gets my adrenaline flowing more than a good sale! I guess the stores are trying to get rid of their inventory before the end of the tourist season. It was another quiet day at work yesterday; business is down but I am eternally greatful that I am still working! May all my fellow cruisemates start the work week on a high note!
Old July 27th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Beginner

Happy Monday all!

I'm Carol & discovered this great site 3 years ago as I was seeking tips and tricks for my 1dt cruise (Celebrity, 10-day Panama Canal). I'm back now because I loved cruising and it is now my vacation of choice (hope for 2 in 2010).

Reading the forums this last week, I have determined you are all the best group to hang with.

Hope you all have a blessed week and keep those informative & fun posts coming.

Carol