Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Is Here...I think

At least my clock tells me it is as it's currently 0503 hours darktime. I'll have to take the weatherman's word that it's clear.

Last night was the third in a row of almost totally sleepless night for me. Have not actually been asleep for more than ten minutes since 11:15. I've always said that insomnia cures itself. I'm really beginning to wonder though if that's the case.

Actually Fran is thrilled when this happens to me. When she gets up, the dishwasher is emptied, the stove is polished, the sinks are GI'd, the garbage has been taken out, our feline children's litterboxes have been emptied, and the late evening dishes have been washed, dried and put away. And I'm not on steroids either!

I guess I could always call Michael Jackson's physician for advice but that might be cause for celebration by too many people.

Prayers continue for all those on the list along which is a request for multitudinous Blessings on all `o you'uns.

Very glad to hear that your son is doing so well, Beenie Weenie. I know that makes it easier on you, if only in the "worry" department.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning where it was also a sleepless one but for differant reasons. My fever wentup to almost 102 and I feel pretty miserable right now. Shortness of breath, chest pain. Time to see the doctors this morning.
Old July 28th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Captain

Good Morning Todd and all to follow

Not getting enough sleep is horrible. I myself manage to get about 6 hours a night and have sleep soundly through the night three times since Desert Storm. Even on the weekend I am up at 0530 when not even a mouse is up.. Hopefully you will get to sleep soon.

Well according to my weather here it is 74 degrees and will be in the 90's with 75 percent humidity by 1000.

Well y'all have a great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Admiral

good morning..when I can't sleep reading a good book while listening to Jazz usually works..if not, 15 minutes on this website at 0200 am usually works or if I am really restless Halle Berry and I exchange text messages and that usually does it

have a great day
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well yesterday was lots of fun. The kids and I were tired of being stuck in the house so we took off and ran to the chinese place for lunch, We followed up with a trip to the mall and the saw the movie G-Force. It was a fun way to spend the day. D/s really enjoyed it. We had him all fixed up with his knee roller I made up for him by modifying a scooter I found at Kmart. I'll see if I can't take a picture of it later today so you can see the wonder boy in action. I'm quite impressed that the kiddo was able to hang and handle a big outing like that. The knee roller made it so much easier than trying to use crutches. After the movie he wanted to just cruise through the mall. It was hard to keep up with him. If he's feeling up to it, we may head down the nature trail today, to get out for a while. The boy is also going to get hosed down a bit. I think he's still small enough for his rear to sit in the kitchen sink... must be nice lol.

I have some bills to pay today. A few other items that need to get done. Not much else happening around here.

Todd, I hope the insomnia passes quickly. It is so hard to quiet your mind sometimes and get the rest you need when life can be so overwhelming.

Delft glad to hear you are headed to the Doc and taking good care of yourself. Praying that you are feeling well again very soon.

Well not much happening today. I need to straighten up a bit.

Hope you all have a great day!!! Prayers to those of you in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from "Sleepless in Montreal"!
Looks like a sleepless night all around, as I was still wide awake when Todd posted this morning....
I gave up trying to sleep about 1 am and went and worked on a jigsaw until after 3, thought I was tired enough to sleep, but was still awake with mind buzzing until 5. Next thing I knew, it was time to get up.

It is going to be a hot 'n humid one here in Montreal today, it's already 21C and we haven't hit the 20's in a long time. I know that's only 69F, but with the humidity and the temperature rising, and a forecasted sunny day, it will be a scorcher! I heard humidity levels at 39C (high 90's).

Poor Delft, she is really not going to feel well today. Hope she gets some relief!

BW, good to hear that Wonder Boy is doing so well and enjoying getting out and around. I'd love to see a picture of your invention, the "kneeler"!

Well, looks like it will be a popsicle-in-the-pools kind of day at work today, and I am looking forward to it!

donna
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Good mornin' "Mates" from beautiful downtown Lakeland, where it's a perfect 72 degrees F. right now. So sorry to hear so many of you are having problems sleeping. I HATE when that happens, and wish I had a cure for you. Whatever you do,,,, DON'T call Michael Jacksons doctor. Yep, he can put you to sleep,,,,however,,,,,,!
Well it's eerily quiet at work now, and has been for a week. It's almost scary, and it makes me wonder if maybe the company will "retire" me before I'm quite ready. I kind of doubt it, and if they do, I'll just go to work at the port of Tampa, working with the embarkation staff part time. No money, but lots of fun.
Glad to hear your son is doing so well Beenie. Take good care of that boy!
Blessings on all of my other "Mates" who need it.

Ken
"SKY"
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............it's HOT!!!!!! Temps stayed in the 70's over night........not use to that.......very hard to sleep.......no A/C

Suppose to be upper 90's today.........record breaker.........

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
HHH here, and, sorry kids, but, I slept like a baby....Just finished a good book, if anyone is interested,..Sailing to Capri, by Elizabeth Adler...had a cruise in it, albeit a yacht

Watching the kids today, so if I can, will start another book.....

Make it a good one....Feel better Delft..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 28th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Vancouver, Washington reporting here. It's going to be 103 degrees f. today. Ugh! We slept well due to the little mice running around all night long in the A.C. box. It's going to be 103 f. tomorrow as well. This is rediculous for the great NW.

For Insomnia: My doctor recommends two over-the-counter Benadryl pills and one glass of wine. It works for me. He says Benadryl is an extremely safe drug with a long record of being side-effect free. I can even sleep on planes with this little trick.
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I too take the benedryl, sans wine..works for me....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 28th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Admiral

Yep, benedryl puts Vita out like a lite!

Ken
"SKY"
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Admiral

When I was in my thirties and forties my "go to sleep" beverage of choice came out of a bottle and orginated as grain............................................. ...............which was then processed through a cow before being lactated and eventually ending up as buttermilk.

I know, it's time for me to go to bed.

Todd
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Admiral

Nighty Nighty Todd! Sweet Dreams

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Admiral

I think I may try a Benadryl tonight! If t does not put me to sleep, at least it might help the allergy symptoms!!!

donna