Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Captain

Default Wednesday is here!

The internal alarm clock got me up very early this morning. I had hoped to sleep in today since I have no grandkids to watch today, but alas it was not to be.
It is raining again! Suppose to have this for the next 3 days! This will make loading the motorhome a challenge. I need to put a few things in for our 3rd of 4 weekends out and about. D/H is calling at the West Va. State Square Dance Convention in Buckhannon. I am setting up a booth to promote our group cruise in Jan. Who knows maybe someone will want to join us.

Beanie - so glad to hear that WonderBoy is doing so well. Hope he continues to improve and you can survive his recovery.

Todd - hope the sleep fairy found you last night

Delft - Prayers out to you. Hope you are feeling better

RD - Packing and cleaning...not 2 things I enjoy but the new place will make it all worthwhile. Hope the eye is better.

Paul - could you come and get some of this RAIN....you need it more than we do.
Prayers to all our mates in need. Have a great day everyone

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Well good morning CruiseMates!
Things here are going well. D/H is out the door and well on his way to work. I am sitting here listening to the fan of the motor on d/s's ice boot. Now that is a nifty contraption and I think that is why he's doing so well. It is a boot that velcro's around his cast and it has a big box that you pour distilled water into and this machine chills the water to just above freezing and circulates it around his foot and lower leg. He had it on for nearly 24 hours when I got him home from surgery and he uses it off and on during the day and all night while he sleeps. D/s hasn't needed a pain pill for 24 hours now. I did give him Motrin last night, because he complained of a mild headache and that stuff is such a good anti inflammatory. I never dreamed he'd be doing this well already.
Yesterday I informed d/s that he was a little stinker. He thought I was being funny but I informed he really was starting to stink a little lol! So I told him I was going to lift him up and stick his rear in the kitchen sink while his cast laid on the counter and give him a bath and hose him down. So in spite of his protests, he got shined up and destinkafied. We got his hair washed and it worked really well.

D/D is traumatized by d/s being the current center of attention. I heard her on the phone with her attorney, I think she's going to sue us for alienation of affection if she doesn't get some snuggle time today . She is bored stiff. I did take her out to the pool for a short time last night and we got to swim a bit until d/h got home. So today I will take her to the babysitter's house so she can play with her girlfriends and make sure she and I have some snuggle time. I have the washer repairman coming to take a look at it, so after he leaves I think I'll take d/s out to the grocery store to pick up a few items. I didn't get chance to take a picture of him on his knee roller thing yesterday, so I will try today.

I have been having computer issues for quite some time and have been relegated to using the Weee PC which has about an 8 inch screen and just kills my eyes and I am constantly making typo's because the keys are a little tight. I love it and am thankful for it, but it just doesn't work as my daily driver. It's good for long trips where you don't want to haul a giant laptop. So I have been shopping, and yesterday my 22 in. monitor arrived and sometime around the end of the week, my system should arrive which thrills me to no end. Because d/h is a Microsoft guru geeky guy I will get a free version of Windows 7 when it releases in a week or two. That makes me very happy. Then we get the fun task of taking the hard drives out of my last two laptops that have croaked and taking all of the vital important info off (like old emails) and saving them to the new system.

I have hooked this new monitor up to the weee PC and wow what a difference, My eyes are already thanking me.

Well I figure it won't be long and these kids will be up soon. Hope you all have a great day and I look forward to reading your posts.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 29th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

We have been having some lovely weather! I am loving it, but wish I had some free time to enjoy it to its fullest. My busy schedule has not slowed down in the least.

Like many of you sleep has not been great. Much of my pain is returning - the neuronton had worked so well - I had no neck pain and the pinched nerve in my arm seemed non-existent. Then about a week ago, it all came back with a vengence. I wish it would go away again. I keeps me from being able to sleep well, as no matter which way I lay my right arm keeps going numb or is in pain. Oh, well. I did so enjoy having a couple of months without much pain - it was the first time in over 5 or 6 years. I have learned to like pain-free, and now it is hard to go back.

Much to do! must get busy.

B/W - happy to hear the good report on your ds. Hope you get to have a special moment with your dd today

ToddDH - hope you got some sleep last night
RD - happy packing. Can't believe we will no longer be "neighbors"
Delft - I do so hope you are feeling better!

Thougts and prayers streaming out to you all,
Be blessed today -
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is DARK at almost 9 am because the RAIN and THUNDERSTORMS are moving in once again!! :evil:

We had a really nice day yesterday, sunny and HOT, and I got to enjoy 2 hours outdoors watching the kids in the wading pools. That is what summer is all about!
But today, it will be back to indoor stuff in the air conditioning, as it is still very humid and yucky.

My eye continues to drive me crazy. The eye drops are keeping the itch under control, but the constant running, leaking is driving me crazy!!
I'm beginning to wonder if I have a blocked tear duct; I had that once before and the process to correct it was gross and painful. I sure hope that is not the case!
I sure hope it clears up in the next few days because I have a very long drive ahead of me (we're going to Nova Scotia for a 4 day weekend), and driving with one eye is not a good idea.....

donna
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jen, B/W, Sue, Rollerdonna and all who follow.

Though I got up five or six times (during one of which waking periods I re-relaxed myself with another glass of buttermilk) I slept extremely well and don't feel so tired and drugged this morning.

Sorry Sue that you have the rain. Last evening was supposed to bring extremely violent thunder boomers and I unplugged my computer, etc. but they never developed, at least in this part of Greene County. Probably the northern part near I-81 got whacked. Periodic thunder storms are forecast for today. Hope you have a fun trip this weekend!

B/W, your son's refrigerated boot sounds too cool! Gosh, the stuff that medical science comes up with!! Isn't it absolutely amazing B/W how kids bounce back! If it were I who had the same surgery, I'd still be on morphine (or if they took me off that, some more conventional across the counter liquid analgesic - maybe both! ).

Glad Jen that you finally have the sunny weather that has been lacking throughout your summer up there in Vermont.

Sounds as if you might have conjunctivits or "pink eye" R/D. Better get that checked as it's quite contagious and you don't want Jim to have to drive with one eye along with you driving with one eye!

Oh, for all you who are addicted to the tanning bed route, just heard on TV where it is the second leading cause of cancer, behind smoking. I've thought all along they should have never allowed them and anyway, back in Victorian times, an anemic looking complexion was the rage!

Took Fran up to the hospital yesterday for cervical spine x-rays to determine a nagging pain in her neck along with a doppler sonogram to determine the amount of plaque that her CT scan found in her carotid artery. Probably nothing, but it's best to be safe than sorry.

She is so looking forward to going back to Va. Beach next month for a few days but I admit to only you guys that I'm becoming more apprehensive by the day. Her lymph nodes feel not to have decreased measurably in size and we're both praying heavily that her blood work will be at least as good as last month. If the platelets fall and the WBC rises significantly we both know it means a return to chemo and that she only got two and a half years from her first round as opposed to the five or six we expected to get. Each subsequent round lasts a shorter time. We'll deal with whatever comes and just pray that my current feelings remain unjustified.

Prayers for all those on the list accompanied by request for Blessing upon all!

Todd
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............it is HOT!!!!! 75 already.....we are not use to this.........suppose to be 101-105 today.....

Paul........please take your weather back!!!!!!

Not too much going on today.......just trying to stay close to a fan & try & stay somewhat cool........remember no A/C here.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old July 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday is Here

Well! Let's try this again. I lost everything I posted a few minutes ago!

Good morning from Southern California. A bright and sunny one it is.

Yesterday I heard a noise, looked out the window and watched a large branch of eucalyptus tree crash to the ground. So this morning, a crew of yard workers cleaned up the mess and stacked some fire wood for us.

Only two more days of radiation! I feel like having lunch at some far-away place just because I can!

Keith and I will get a short respite from routine in August with a couple of days in San Diego. There's a photographic exhibit at Balboa Park that I want to see by Richard Avedon, long-time fashion photographer for Vogue. We plan to stay across from the cruise terminal, same hotel we'll use in January. I am told this is a nice place, all redone and face lifted by Intercontinental Hotels even though it's a Holiday Inn.

Todd, Fran is in my thoughts.

Have a nice day, all.

Judy