Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2009, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday people! Hello????????

Good Morning CruiseMates!!!
It's 9 in the morning and no one has started the Friday Morning thread yet, Hope everyone is OK and hasn't contracted a computer virus or something.

Nothing really new here today. Just was looking forward to reading about your lives and living vicariously through everyone elses adventures.

Have a great day folks, but post about it first

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2009, 09:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning one and all. I was up early listening to more rain pelting my windows. One day of good weather (yesterday) then back to predictions of heavy thunderstorm and torrential rains for today. Too bad, because today is my birthday and I was planning to spend the day with my daughter and grandchildren having a pool lunch and party. No, I do not have a pool but my nephew does and he is away for the weekend so he extended an invitation for us to use his inground pool and hot tub whenever we want to. Moved on to alternate plan - shopping - will check out the new Tanger Outlet Center that opened last November. They have a Christmas Tree Shop and many other good stores, so we will bargain-hunt rather than swim. Will have a nice dinner at a local Italian restaurant to complete the day.

Hope everyone has a great day. Would love to send some of this rain to those who need it, because we certainly can't use any more here. Have not used our inground sprinklers at all this year, which is unbelieveable. I don't feel fully dressed without my umbrella.

Leyla from Long Island
Old July 31st, 2009, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning B/W, Granny and all who follow.

Living vicariously through my morning adventures would be cause for extreme boredom. I took Fran to her hairdresser and got my own hair cut as her hair dresser is the only one in this area that truly knows how to give me my razor cut. Let me correct that, Fran probably does so as well. It's just that it seems everytime she gets something sharp in her hand, her eyes get a malevolent look and she she wants to start cutting in the proximity of my jugular vein.

Thunderstorms abound here this morning. Hopefully they'll stop by the time I pick up Fran as we have to go to Johnson City to get my glasses. We'll then stop for a light lunch at Olive Garden. Gosh, when I think about it, "..light lunch at Olive Garden" has got to be in the top ten when it comes to oxymoronic phrases.

Well, gotta' get my column in for tomorrow' paper. TTFN and prayers continue for those on the list as well as a request for Blessings on all. Hope each of you has a marvelous weekend.

Todd
Old July 31st, 2009, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............we've surrived the heat......I think we have anyway........cooling down today......only 96.......still no rain in sight......

Should be hot this weekend.....it's the hydro races........lots of sunburns for the weekend......all those people in & around the water........

Should be able to start sleeping with the temps going down into the 50's & 60's at night........

Thinking of y'all in need & prayers......

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old July 31st, 2009, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday, People. Hello????

I'm here! I'm Here! Good morning from an overcast Southern California. Not too bad for hot, but going up, so I am told.

BW, you wouldn't want to live vicariously what I've been doing. I go back to the radiation lab in two weeks so the doctor can check my skin. Cracking, stiff and sore, it is! Dr. wants me to keep doing the exercises so the skin doesn't get permanently stiff and impair movement.

Gym day for Keith, laudry day, and a trip to our seafood place for a shrimp Louie salad.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old July 31st, 2009, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Hello all from a warm Northern California (San Francisco Bay area) I hope you all have a nice weekend. Mike
Old July 31st, 2009, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Good evening from hot, and terribly humid, Virginia Beach. After cleaning the house all morning I headed to Lynnhaven Mall to buy some clothes for our trip to Palm Springs next Friday. Macy's has unbelievable sales; it seems that the Labor Day sales have come up upon us earlier this year as stores want to get rid of their inventory in this down economy. I must say that I was glad to oblige and had a "field day". As the saying goes, "a woman never has enough clothes". Not long after shopping, Rob came home early and took me to lunch at the Texas Steakhouse. Of course, I garnered a coupon that gave us a free huge salad to share! There is nothing like a good deal!