Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2009, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Sunshine Saturday!

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Lovely morning here in Lakeland. I am off for the weekend for a change. No plans but to relax. I have had so many jobs this past 2 weeks. I needed some down time so I took some PTO for this weekend. Have a wonderful day CruiseMates.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2009, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Today is a beautiful day! When down to the courthouse square in town yesterday to snag some yummy produce from the locals. I got some Jackpot Sweetcorn and tomatoes. Unfortunately because of the wet spring the corn is a bit late coming in, and due to the unseasonably cool summer its taking a while for the tomatoes to get ripe. But I successfully scored a couple dozen ears of corn and a small bag of tomatoes. I priority mailed a dozen ears of the corn to a gal I went to school with that lives out in Arizona. I hope the corn is still good buy Monday when it arrives. I would think it will be OK. I guess we'll see.

Today I have nothing planned. It is just lovely though. I think I may go out and spray some weed killer to eliminate them in areas where they've really taken off. I am going to have to spend some time with d/h explaining to him what area that aren't gettin mowed, that he needs to be mowing. Because I am spending s much time with the grass shears and weed wacker as he is on the riding mower... It doesn't have to be this hard. This is one of the chores he took over when he took his new job and I have cut him a little slack since he is a bit out of practice, but it is starting to look really bad and working my nerves.

The wonder boy is doing really good. We got out a bit yesterday and Allie was suppose to go to the pool with the babysitter, well I got a call from the sitter saying they were headed to the park instead. I happened to be nearby, and so I brought d/s over there and it was fun for him. he couldn't do a lot of the stuff but he could go around the trails on his knee roller, and he was able to enjoy the swings and hang out with the other kids and stuff. Best of all he was moving around and not just sitting around.

I hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 1st, 2009, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Default Sunshine Saturday

Good morning from an overcast Southern California.

No big plans here. I am thinking about a trip to my fave shopping mall. Don't know how long I'd be able to run around with this sore arm, though.

Other than that, we'll see what the day brings.

Judy
Old August 1st, 2009, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon Mates,
How does time fly by so fast? It is sunny and cloudy, then just sun, then just clouds, but it isn't raining! On Wed. nite we gained over an inch, then over an inch yesterday - so it is nice to just have no percipitation falling down.

Puttering around this morning. Just took a banana cake out of the oven.
DH is weed whacking and mowing. I need to deadhead, but I will wait until he is finished and it is quieter and I can hear the birds sing songs to me.

Not much going on here - just one of those days where I rather feel at loose ends, and don't really know why.

Judy, you've been in my thoughts all morning. Praying for you. So wish I could be there to help you out, or just chit-chat and bring some laughter your way. You are a strong, courageous lady.

BW - so glad your son got to hang out yesteday. Some times limitations don't seem so bad when surrounded by friends - sounds like he is "moving" right along. When does he have a recheck. Hows your dd holding up?

Hope all the mates are having a good day,
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:57 PM
Admiral

Jen, yes he's mobile with his knee roller. He went to the doc on Thursday for dressing change. I could not believe how good it looked. It was healing so nicely.there was no swelling, the stitches were nice and unstressed and there was very minimal bruising even in the two spots where they cut the bone and inserted bone grafts.

We'll go back again this coming Thursday for another dressing change, actually we'll do that for the next two weeks, then we'll likely get d/s out of the hard splint/cast and into something that can bear a little more weight.

D/D is doing well. Once in a while she gets a little bit of the green eyed monster, but she and I went out shopping together today, I wanted to let her know she is important too. It's hard being a little kid. But it will all work out.

I hope all is well with you.Thanks for asking about the kiddos.

Read and post cruise reviews