Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2009, 06:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Monday Morning Sunrise

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Monday, a day off for me. As yet no plans for the day. It is gong to be a hot one here in central Florida. The weatherbug is saying 95 here in Lakeland later on. A trip to the pool might be in the plans. Have a wonderful day CruiseMates!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Captain

Good Morning Cruznut and all to follow.

Yes it is Monday and that means the weekend is over and it is time to go back to work.

You all have a Great Alabama Day!

Irish 8)

May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven half an hour
before the devil knows you're dead.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates.
We are having a sunny morning, but it's been such a wet summer, so a shower could allways pop up.
But no matter what I allways manage to enjoy the day.
Hope you all enjoy your day as well.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,
I think it will be a nice day, but right now there is a lot of clouds. We had much rain yesterday.

Today I will entertain a 5 year old most of the day. Her mom has a chemo treatment. So the little girl and I will first go and get the ingredients to make the supper meal for them. We will also pick up flowers for her mom and also an elderly woman in our church, which the little girl will come with me to deliver. This elderly woman will get a real lift from having this little girl come and visit.

Then it will be back to my house, where the girlie will help me make the supper. She is looking forward to baking something

Hopefully we will be done everything we need to by the time we have to go to the hospital to pick up her mom when the treatment it is done.

I hope I make it thru the day - lol. I am not starting it off well yet, so hopefully I can rise to the challenge.

Judy - sending some pray your way, you've really been on my heart.

Wishing you all a lovely day,
Old August 3rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All! Starting the week with a work at home day takes some of the sting out of Monday. On the downside, I have to slog through an enormous operations manual for the a program I have been newly assigned <yawn >. The program is different from the other grant programs I administer in that it is a revolving loan fund to the states that has a lot more rules that I need to know. The upside of work at home today is that I will be able to keep an eye on the postponed NASCAR race from Pocono.

Jen let me just say here that you are a true angel!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Sunset, Chatham, Mass

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 3rd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning all:

Yesterday was a bike riding day. We took my granddaughter over to the local high school so she could get some real riding practice in. She lives in a rural area, on a high traffic road, where there is no place for her to ride. She has learned to ride on our driveway and road but our road is gravel and it's hard for her to peddle. It gets old going up and down the driveway. She rode for over an hour in the parking lot and practiced her turns, circles and stopping. After that she and grandma went on a one hour bike ride on the local trail. They had a blast. I entertained my grandson but i have to admit I really wish I could have went on a bike ride with them and had my grandson on the back but I can't balance a bike anymore.

Today is a lawn day. Mowing and trimming to do once the due evaporates.

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week!!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from the great state of Texas, where it will be a cool 103 today.

I started practicing getting up early this morning. I have gotten into a routine of sleeping when I wanted, but now that I am going back into the classroom, I have to re-train my body. So far so good, but might not be able to say that this afternoon.

Josh and I had a pretty good weekend. I think he and I both are looking forward to school starting, so that we have a little more to do.

Jen, I agree, you are an angel. You do so much for others. It is inspirational to all.

Doug, It is so good to see you. I have missed you. How are the babies?

Laura, Take that time for the pool. You work so hard.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it looks to be a lovely sunny day here in West Central Indiana. My little girlfriend was up early this morning and she has a runny nose and is sneezing. I popped a Zyrtec in her mouth and hopefully it will do it's magic and dry her sinus up. Dr. Mom's other patient is still asleep.

D/H and I finally got the washer back up on its shock absorbers yesterday, so I am of course behind on laundry...what else is new?

D/s thinks I am a mean old Mom because I am making him use his crutches to get around the house... I just don't want his muscles to atrophy from sitting around like a lumplet. One of his buddies came over yesterday and they played computer games and the Wii for quite a while.

Today there isn't much going on. It's quiet around here. The weather is nice. If the pool is warm enough maybe I will get in it later today. It's been so cool at night. The pool would be quite chilly without it's solar cover.

Well Judy I hope your skin heals quickly and you can get back to living your life and not to have to schedule your life around Doctors and treatments, or worrying about your white cell counts. Enjoy !!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Funny you should ask Luanne Here are the triplets at thier christening being held by their Aunts and with the minister and godfather:

They now range between 14 and 17 pounds and are 7 months old.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
Admiral

OMG Doug they are adorable. They look like they just stepped out of an Ann Geddes photo shoot. Beautiful babies!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Oh Doug,

They have grown so big. It does my heart good to know that they are thriving.

Beautiful babies
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Doug, what an adorable photo of the babies and family, and also a nice one of your vacation spot too!

Good morning everyone, from a sunny and warm Montreal. I am back a day early from our supposed 4 day trip to Nova Scotia, because my eye was so bad it was driving me crazy, and my husband broke a tooth in his partial plate and was in a lot of pain, so we came back early to see a Dr. and a dentist.
Turns out I don't need the Dr. after all, as my friend in N.S. gave me some eye ointment she used when she had a similar problem, and low and behold, it did the trick and I was able to drive home for 11 hours without one runny eye, and able to see clearly for the first time in 2 weeks!

As for the dentist, it appears every dentist in Montreal is gone on vacation this week, and therefore the dental labs are closed as well, but after a dozen or so phone calls this morning, my hubby found one that was open, so he's off to get his teeth fixed!

I had already booked the day off today since I was supposed to be driving home today, so I decided to let the sub work my day and spend MY day doing some more packing and stuff.

Otherwise, our weekend was nice; we got to visit our new house and it's present owners, and explore our new seaside town, and see the Tall Ships in the harbour of our friends' town.
Had some nice meals and good company with good friends, and am looking forward to moving there in only 6 weeks!

donna
Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Doug, the little ladies are gorgeous, so darn cute. The picture of Chatham brought tears to my eyes. Cape Cod is just a little slice of heaven.
RD Nova Scotia is such a lovely place. I am glad you found a home there. What town will you be in?

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Boy I am out of touch. Donna, I didn't know you found a new home. Congrats. Will this be a permanent relocation, or just a summer home?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 3rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............it's still hot......upper 80's for today........still no rain in sight.......Paul.....take your weather back!!!! Please!!!!!!

It's Monday......so laundry........

Luanne....thinking of you.......Judy.....feel better......it's up hill now......

Doug....the babies have gotten SO big........

BW......a mean mom....isn't that what they always think of us?!?!?!?!

Mike........I'll bet ya woulda had fun on the bike......maybe ya need training wheels????

Y'all have a good day......

Sharon
Old August 3rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Good morning from Southern California. The sun has taken to sleeping in these days, but that's a good thing.

Doug, the pictures were great.

The exercises are done and it's time to fix breakfast and get Keith off to the gym. I plan to iron and empty the dishwasher later. Also looks like I will spent some time with an ice pack!

Have a good day, all!

Judy
Old August 3rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Good morning from Southern California. The sun has taken to sleeping in these days, but that's a good thing.

Doug, the pictures were great.

The exercises are done and it's time to fix breakfast and get Keith off to the gym. Keith has some "stuff" in his chest, coughs and has a grumbly voice. A trip to the clinic may be in order today.

Judy
Old August 3rd, 2009, 04:05 PM
Admiral

Laura, the closest town is called Pictou, it is the first Scottish settlement in Canada in 1773, a very historic, picturesque, touristy town on the waterfront.
We will live about 10 kms away on a lovely country property surrounded by trees.
Luanne, yes, we found the house in early July and the move, in Sept. will be permanent. Can't wait to explore more of Nova Scotia!

donna