Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Default More Hump Day adventures!

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well the storms yesterday were amazing and not in a good way! I now have a three legged adirondack chair that I found over in the neighbor's yard after the storm passed. The yard is littered with small tree branches. But aside from the chair there was no other damage here at the homestead. Many others around this area were not so fortunate. Lots of huge trees were down all over town. A couple of squished cars, snapped utility poles and squished roofs.

Last night I went out to the pool and it was full of leaves and even a couple of walnuts that blew in from a tree several feet away. So I got the majority of the leaves out with the pool vacuum and the walnuts were removed by little Beenie Cousteau, our deep sea explorer who is so cute in her mismatched bikini bottom and top and her pink goggles. So today I will go out and vacuum again to get what I missed yesterday. It should be sunny and up in 80's today, so I may really want to take a dip ater on.

I am looking forward to seeing d/s's doctor again tomorrow. I will be taking him in for a dressing change again and he'll be two weeks post op already. Now if everything goes as planned in the next week, I'm not certain but I think next week d/s will get a walking boot of sorts to wear so he can gradually start putting pressure on that foot again... I think that's the next step. I tell ya, he hates those darned crutches, and my back hurts everytime I pick him up, so him getting on his feet will be welcome relief for both of us .

I am a bit unhappy about summer passing me by so quickly this year. I am already losing lots of leaves off our hickory and walnut trees. That's not supposed to happen for quite a while yet. It just feels like fall could begin tomorrow. I don't know what to think of these cool temps this year. Very strange indeed.

There's not much else happening here today. Just thankful that all is well in the big scheme of things. Hope you are all doing great!

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Admiral

We are actually on day three of sunshine. Yesterday started off shakey, but we did have sun, although very humid which resulted in thunder boomers at night. Today is bright and beautiful. I agree with BW, the summer is really almost over. I went to palliative care yesterday, it went OK despite this slow down hill progression. She will have a birthday next week, although she told the doctor, she doesnt feel she will see another Christmas. As the doctor said, we can only take one day at a time. I myself am very tired and her doctor ended up listening to my chest and so on. I was so embarressed. I told her I am much better and I saw the doctor in the morning, and she was not shy at all, she said "OK fine but I want to check you for myself". She is a very sweet kind compassionate women. My son has some appointments at McGill, and then he has a physical this afternoon, so he has a day off from work. Imagine he starts up school soon! He has very much enjoyed his summer this year and I am really glad for this. Have a great day every one.
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where 3 consecutive days of sunshine is almost unheard of this summer!
It will be a scorcher too, the humidity is high as Delft says.
Looks like a wading pool 'n popsicle afternoon for me at work!

BW we had some good thunderboomers last night too, and in the afternoon, a tornado touched down in a small community north of Montreal and did some major damage. Trees uprooted and roofs lifted off; I'm glad we only got the thunderstorm!

I can't beleive it's hump day already! I only just started my week yesterday, so hopefully the rest of the week will go just as fast.
Not that I'm rushing summer, but that moving date still looks too far away for me - just like waiting for a cruise!

donna
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

This is the day I don't like. It's our annual (or whenever) garage sale. It's the time when we take all the crap that Betty has bought at other garage sales and sells it to other suckers.

This time there might actually be some worthwhile stuff. After the house painting we are getting rid of a lot of our old pictures, some furniture and decorative stuff. Plus the plethora of kids toys and books that are now below the grandkids reading level and interest.

There will also be some "cruise stuff" that will be sold or given away. I'll keep the "Ship on a Stick" but there are some luggage tags that are in the free box.

BW: Sounds like you had a nasty storm. I hate the after storm clean up but I am glad you and yours are fine.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'll check the boards between customers. This far out of town, there usually isn't too many.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 5th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Captain

I finally have a few minutes to check in on all my mates. I feel like I have been on a full run since last Thurs. ( & I have) We had a great weekend in WVa. at the square dance convention with just a little rain. Enjoyed visiting with lots of friends we only get to see a couple times a year. I had a booth for my agency and looks like I picked up a couple more for our Legend group in Jan.
I called my daughter once we started home and she informed me there would be no way we could get in our driveway. A storm had washed out our driveway! We decided we would just park the motorhome at the neighbors and check out the damage. To our surprise when we got home our dear SIL had brought his tractor and blade over. The driveway was repaired, we pulled right in. Now we need to have more gravel delivered as it is mostly mud, thanks to all the rain! DH decided he would start unloading things from the camper and when he went to open the door the metal handle broke! The door was now stuck and we were unable to open it at all. After much trying he and the SIL took the entire assembly out. I then spent all day Monday trying to find a replacement. Luck was with me as the second place I went had one that worked. Of course it was at a camper sales place an hour away. I am just thankful they had one. So Monday evening the SIL stopped by after work and replaced it for us. (He is so GOOD!) Since my lawnmower is down he also brought me his and I mowed grass for the first time in over a week. We are not having any luck in finding the belt needed for our old antique mower, may just have to break down and buy a new one.
Yesterday I spent the day taking care of my grand daughters at their house. Around 7:30 we got the storms (BW you must have sent them our way). They seemed to last for hours! Heavy rain, thunder, lightning and many trees & limbs down. When will this ever end?
Today I am trying to get all the laundry done, house cleaned up and begin the process of repacking the motorhome. We will be leaving tomorrow for the last camping and dance weekend of the summer for us. I hate to see these end but 4 weeks in a row has been a bit much. Maybe we will be able to go out at least one more time and just relax. BW you are so right about where has summer gone. We too are seeing lots of leaves falling and it is way to early for that.
Next week is the big summer ending event in our area, the county fair. I will go on Monday as that is the day they have the poultry judging. I have a niece who will be showing for her last time. Last year she had our grand champion chicken and at the sale she got $2500.00 for it. Hope she does that good this year.
Well that's enough from here. I need to get busy as it is looking like rain again outside & I need to run a few things out to the camper.

Prayers to all those in need and everyone have a good day.

Old August 5th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Captain

sorry I hit the key twice

Old August 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Admiral

OK Sue you have stumped me... What is a SIL. I always thought SIL means Sister in law, but since you refer to your SIL as "he" I am sooo cornfused....

Old August 5th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M
This is the day I don't like. It's our annual (or whenever) garage sale. It's the time when we take all the crap that Betty has bought at other garage sales and sells it to other suckers.
Just a quick note to say hello as I am very busy helping to ensure that Delaware and Maryland has clean water and drinking water in the coming year.

Mike the difference between "Garage Sale" and "Garbage Sale" is just one letter.

The most honest sign in front of a business:

"Junk Bought, Antiques Sold"

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 5th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Sue, never mind I figures it out...I'm about as sharp as a marble today. ... Son in Law, hello?

Old August 5th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Top of the morning from hot, hot, hot, Virginia Beach. I have been busy getting ready to leave for Palm Springs, on Friday. It will be be hot there too but, buying the timeshare for a $1.00 was a deal that Rob and I couldn't pass up. Besides, our children will use it when there children are on summer vacation. Rob and I are looking forward to going to Pioneer Town, Village Fest, and just plain exploring the Coachella Valley. We've got the Entertainment Book, so eating out will be reasonable! Fellow cruisemates, enjoy your day!
Old August 5th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Default More Hump Day Adventures

Good morning from Southern California. Hot and sunny. There was a big fire in a densely populated area that started late afternoon. I haven't heard what the containment is, if any.

My DH is sick . . . bronchitis, so no gym today. I made him go to Urgent Care yesterday. The wait was long, but he was diagnosed and given a perscription, so the wait was worth it.

The day will be a quiet one for us. Have a good one, whatever you do!

Judy