CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Silver Sea's Silver Cloud Deck 7 is horrible (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/366826-silver-seas-silver-cloud-deck-7-horrible.html)

Marcus A. Katz August 6th, 2009 06:20 AM

Silver Sea's Silver Cloud Deck 7 is horrible

:( Silver Sea's Silver Cloud Deck 7 is horrible

There is not soundproofing between the activity deck (Floor 8) and Floor 7. This means that every footstep on the pool/shuffleboard/pingpong deck is heard in the cabins below.

And this includes the OWNER'S SUITE.

On top of that, the first morning they had the deck crew out washing to pool deck and unstacking chairs at 4:30 AM. We complained, and the next moring they pushed the noise back to 7:30 AM, which is still way too early.

Ad to this that the soundproofing beteen cabins with adjoining doors is non-existent...meaning that every word can be heard from one cabin to the next, and it's easy to see why our week in the owner's cabin was awful.

DougR. August 6th, 2009 07:31 AM

I have never been on Silver Sea due to limited budget for cruising. I believe that qualifies me as sufficiently impartial to have Cruismates send me on the Silver Cloud to check out and report on these shocking allegations. LOL

beenie weenie August 6th, 2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

I have never been on Silver Sea due to limited budget for cruising. I believe that qualifies me as sufficiently impartial to have Cruismates send me on the Silver Cloud to check out and report on these shocking allegations.
I call shotgun!!! Let's roll!

skymaster August 6th, 2009 09:26 AM

This just reinforces my decision to sail mid-ship, inside cabin aboard main line cruise ships for about 10% of the cost of your "Silver Seas" owners suite cabin. It's always quiet, peaceful, and very, very enjoyable. Thanks for the information.

"SKY"

Mike M August 6th, 2009 09:43 AM

We had a similar problem with a Cat 1 suite on Celebrity, Mercury. We could hear the chairs being set out in the morning and gathered up at night. While it was a fairly loud noise it didn't really have a negative impact on the cruise.

I do empathize with you though. Having spent the per diem to cruise on a luxury line, in the Owners Suite, I would have expected more.

I hope your future sailings are more enjoyable and less noisy.

Take care,
Mike

katlady August 6th, 2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beenie weenie
Quote:

I have never been on Silver Sea due to limited budget for cruising. I believe that qualifies me as sufficiently impartial to have Cruismates send me on the Silver Cloud to check out and report on these shocking allegations.
I call shotgun!!! Let's roll!

Shoot if you guys are staying in the owner's suite there is room for me. :mrgreen:

DayvidB August 6th, 2009 04:30 PM

I have to say for the money they charge and the position they place themselves in for "cruising". Thats shocking,,,really bad.

You dont pay that sort of money to have a cabin that feels as if the rest of the world is walking over your head,,,