Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday - Good Morning

Good Morning Mates,

NO sun yet, but I think there may be an appearance. It has been nice weather.
Sorry - missed a couple days. Tuesday was busy up for 7 am prayer at church, then the person in charge and I ususally go out for Breakfast after for a visit. This week instead of going back to the office I had an appt. with my neurologist. Since the pain has all of a sudden increased, he had decided I need to increase my neuronton. He still believes that I may have a muscle disease, and when I asked how we could fix this pinched nerve in my arm he told me the only way to repair would require surgery. We may have to consider a muscle biopsy at some point also.

Yesterday began the gradual increase of the neuronton, and to say it wasn't a good day would be an understatement. It has been a huge emotional roller coaster - crying/weeping, brain fog, staggering, , slurred speech, vision blurrines, hyperactivity, and in between a zoned out, almost drunken feeling.
Today I hope is a bit better - I slept poorly - which I am amazed by because my extra dose this week is at bed time, I will add an extra pill at my afternoon dose next week and the third week in the am.
I was quite anxious, but now I just feel very zoned out.

I don't like feeling disconected to life, so I am praying that this does not happen. As of yet the pain has not changed, in fact it has gotten worse, the burning and searing pain is worse, and my arm is basically numb and tingling. OH well life goes on.

Off to work as soon as I feel I can safely drive there - what a pain!

BW sorry to hear of the storm damage. Keep your clunker - foolish to get rid of something that is a necessity. I live on a hill, that unless you have some sort of 4-wheel drive vehicle, you can't make it to the house in the winter, plus I am always hauling stuff here and there for this one and that one - I couldn't do it with a small car. Both my kids have cars that get great gas mileage - my husband has a small truck, which also gets much better gas mileage than the full size he had until last May.

TravelSue - wow - you have a lot going on - hope everything turns around soon.

Delft - I am praying for you. What a road you've had to travel - please keep up your strength.

Wishing you all a good day,
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Jen,
I am so sorry to hear you're battling pain. I hope and pray you get better so you can enjoy life again. I saw Montel Williams on Oprah the other day and he has written a book about his fight with MS. He claims to have found some ways to deal with dibilitating and chronic pain. Not sure if there is anything in there that could help you but thought I'd mention it, because I hate to see anyone suffer and would love to offer you something to try and make you feel better. Nothing can take the joy out of life like chronic pain.

I have a prayer request for my CruiseMate Pals as well. My friend Gina, who I worked with in Arizona back in the mid 80's, had three beautiful daughters. She would dress them up like little dolls and three very cute adorable little girls. Well these little girls grew up to be lovely young women, and one of them, Alyssa, went to New Orleans to Med School studying to become a radiologist. In 2005, at the age of 20 years, she was murdered by a group of young men for the contents of her and her friends purse, which together contained $47. Monday the first of three trials of these young men will finally begin. Gina has asked for prayers to help get her through these difficult times. If you all would lift her up and remember her, it would sure be appreciated. It's been over 4 years since Alyssa was murdered. I hope that justice at last will be served and that this family will not be victimized again.

On a more positive note, today we got back to d/s's Doctor for another dressing change. I am excited to see how it looks this week and also to see what our next move is. D/s is really anxious to get back on his feet again, but I have to remind him he is only two weeks post-op.

d/h is off to work already and both kids are wide awake and already eating breakfast. So ready or not, my day has begun.

Hope you all have a great day....I'm off and running!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Admiral

BW - will be praying for this family. So sad.
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a 4th day-in-a-row sunshiney Montreal! After all the rain we've had this summer, another day of sunshine is almost unbelievable!
It's still cool at only 18C (64F), but at least that's comfortable after the humidity we've had...

BW, what an awful story about your friend Gina's daughter. I'm sure none of us could imagine that kind of pain, except of course, for Luanne.
Waiting 4 years for a trial is unthinkable for the family of the victim, and I hope and pray things go well for Gina and her family.

Jen, I don't know how you do it, struggling through all that pain while doing so much for others. They should call you "Saint Jen"!
I hope you can find some relief soon....

donna
Old August 6th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning all:

It is day two of "Garage Sale" the horror movie. Things are going fine but I hate doing this. However I am always amazed that people will actually buy some of this junk. Oh well: Half of the proceeds go to the local food shelf so what the heck. So far we've sold $218 worth of "stuff".

Jen: Sorry about the pain. Neurontin did weird things to me too. I knew it was affecting my emotions when I found myself tearing up while watching the Bruce Willis movie, Armageddon. After that it was time to get off that stuff. I do hope that you do find some relief and soon.

Otherwise I'll just sit here and wait for my next victim to drive up. I hope everyone has a great day!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 6th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............it's cooled down......only 60's for today.........then back into the 70's for next week......oh well.....

BW......will keep your friend & her family in our thoughts & prayers.......

Mike.........it is strange what people will buy........even stranger wht they want to pay for some things........

Only 2 more weeks!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon

(can't spell)
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Good Morning

Good morning from Southern California.

Keith has an appt. with the eye doctor today. I have an appt. with the ironing board.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from New Orleans..Jen, having had spinal fusion, I understand in total about your pain..hopefully the doctors will find a course of action that will give you relief..Pain encompasses everything in one's life

another muggy, muggy, muggy day in N.O. countdown 65 days until my Jazz Cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore..on my way home from my workshop in Baton Rouge today, I will pick up current CD's of some of the artist that will be on the ship

looking forward to our cruises, help keep us sane..Mike, the high tech version of a garage sale is putting things on sale on ebay..you would be stunned what people will buy (or sell)
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Admiral

hello