Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Admiral

Default It's Just Another Saturday !!!!

another day that was not promised to anyone..so enjoy it and do one random act of kindness for a stranger that you have to go out of your way to do and you will find that it will come back to you

out early for my daily 6 mile walk and collection of coins on the ground that I can play lottery with (free money)

if your grown children are doing well, call them up today and tell them how proud you are of them
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Venice and those to follow. Last night and the day was mainly devoted to caring for my mother and sister and doing things they needed to be done. This morning I take my sister riding and this afternoon I am going to pick out some accessorys for the new bathroom and front hallway that gets put in down stairs starting Monday. The sun shine is out bright, the laundry is hanging up to dry. I am really very tired and still worn out , still coughing but less as well. Have a great day every one!
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Sun is shining, but it is 49 degrees! It is rather discouraging.Yesterday was just downright cold, and I heard on the news that Mount Washington - about 2 hours from here, in NH - had snow pellets yesterday.

As soon as my friend and I got to the Farm - the rain and thunder/lightening began. The lovely couple made us lunch instead - and after some nice fellowship and food, they brought us out to the greenhouse and sent us home with cucumbers and tomatoes! Upon arrival at my house we were wet and cold, so I brewed a pot of Lavendar Tea - which I purchased at Bleu Lavande - the Lavendar Farm just across the border in Stanstead, Quebec.

Then I spent the rest of the evening - well, alone. Dh worked until 1 am the had to get up at 5 to be at work for 6 this morning. I am trying to keep a good attitude, but I will admit that I am struggling.

Well - today is not good thus far. My right arm has no strength - I am guessing because of the pinched nerve - it's all I can do to lift the coffee mug - and my right side is very weak - numbish/burning - I guess it is the meds, taking affect. I feel dizzy - also the meds I am sure.
So, I guess I won't try to go very far - as I don't think it would be safe to venture out in the car. I do need to go to Drug Store and grocery store, but I think I can manage those, a bit later.
I don't think I can clean, as I have no strength, so I think it could be a really long, boring day - hopefully the Lord will bring something my way so it will be productive in some way. It seems like such a waste, not to be able to accomplish anything.

Delft - how I wish I could do something to give you some much needed rest.
Venice - I will try to make a difference, somehow today - I try to make it my goal everyday - I don't always succeed, I am sorry to say.

Happy day to you all!
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Venice - I just read your post about your gash. I am truly sorry! That must have been quite painful. I hope it heals quickly!
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Connecticut.

A beautifull sunny day here.

Not much to do this morning, we will go out this evening.

Have a great weekend everybody.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A bureau of tourism day here today, and I am off to work soon. Last week I contacted a local show here, Chronicle, and told them about our shop...They made contact with my boss this week, and hopefully, we will make the fall schedule...My fingers are crossed, because this show could be a boon ofr our biz.....

Other than that, not much doing.....Of course, my thoughts go out to my Cruisemates family...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 8th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Admiral

VJ..thanks for your concern..yea it was much deeper then I thought and my headache just stopped this morning..almost afraid to go to sleep because for a moment I thought I had a concussion..I have to learn to be more careful
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well not much to report here. Everyone is doing fine. We may make a quick run to the grocery store today and thats about it for our excitement. D/S wants to see Race to Witch Mountain so I have it reserved down at the Red Box waiting to be picked up.

D/H got up and made biscuits and gravy for breakfast. It was really good. I may get a laod or two of laundry done and we'll probably do a little work out in the yard. I had to cover the pool because the leaves are starting to fall on some of the trees out back. I don't recall losing leaves this early before but the weather has been so weird.

I hope you all have a great weekend and get to do something you enjoy.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a very un-summer like day in Montreal. It is only 15C, or 59F this morning, way too chilly for August!
There will certainly be no sunning or pool time today, too many errands to do, and of course, more packing and organizing.

Venice, my good deed of the day is that I have piled floor to ceiling boxes and bags of stuff that did not go in the Garage Sale, good stuff too, and it is going to a good cause. My friends in Nova Scotia run a 2nd hand shop and are coming with a truck to take everything, which they will sell cheap or give to charity in their area.
Their son is also coming, to take our older car off our hands, as we will need a new one when we get there.
So it will be a busy day filled with good deeds around here!

Venice, again, I too just read about your gash. Poor you! I hope you are feeling better today!

Jen, wish I could come over and keep you company today. After last weekend's marathon drive, 2 hours seems like only a hop skip and a jump away!

Delft, it will be fun to re-decorate your bathroom - I should do the same, as I need new stuff for our new 2nd bathroom!

Good wishes to all for a nice weekend....

donna
Old August 8th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Default t's Just another Saturday

Good morning from Southern California. Temps are going back up. Fire fighters have done an exemplary job of putting out what could have been huge fires. Unfortunately, they will get still more chances . . .

Keith has this last day on antibiotics. He's still coughing but other than that, headed toward a complete recovery.

We look forwaqrd to a trip to San Diego next week . . .

Jen, I hope you feel much better. I wish I could visit with you.
Venice, feel better, too.
BW, gosh it does seem early for leaves to fall!

Judy