Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Salutations

Good Morning Mates,
It is pleasant out right now, but there is rain and such in the forecast.
I am up and will soon be getting ready for church.
I will have to dig down deep in order to be able to function like I ususally do on a Sunday morning - between the meds and the pain, I am not sure - but I will trust the Lord, that I will get thru.

Other than that all is well here - yesterday I did a couple of errands, and once I got to grocery store a friend from church saw me. I am one of her few friends - so an hour and a half later, I could proceed with my grocery shopping- the pain was extreme by then after standing that long. It was ok tho' a nice conversation, and it was good for her. I prayed before I left the house that I could make a difference for someone today, as Venice asked in his opening thread - so I trust that the fit the bill. I will have plenty of opportunity today, to reach out to others, I am sure I will learn of a need I can help with a giving of service or product instead of just my ear. Venice, I will be looking for that windo of opportunity.

BW - glad son is progressing.
Delft - hope you get a bit of rest this weekend - please don't burn out.
Fran - prays coming for you
Judy - how I wish we could get together and visit. How's Keith this morning, praying for you both
RD - how fun it would have been to visit yesterday.
Trip - just wanted to say Hi - I know you've been beading and promoting lately.

Good Day Mate - your all in my thoughts
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I woke up at 5 and couldn't fall back to sleep. No one else is awake except for me and the cat... actually I think that cat came and ate her morning treat and went back to bed...must be nice. She's so spoiled.

Yesterday was nice and for the most part drama free. Got d/s to take his first shower since his surgery. I really like the removable cast thingy. That way we can remove it to do his exercises and he can actually even take a real bath if he wants now. I tried to lure him out to the pool with me yesterday, but he wouldn't do it. I thought he might like going outside and just floating around on a raft... but no cigar. So just d/d and I went, while the couch potatoes stayed behind to veg out.

The IGA had some crazy anniversary celebration and had a big sale a week ago and they were offering whole loins of filet mignon for $4.99 a pound so I got about 12 pounds, brought it home cut it into steaks and froze it. So last night we enjoyed filets cooked on the BBQ. It was yummy! I think I should have bought more

Really it was a nice day. It's nice to see the temps warming up again, it was close to 90 yesterday and it felt good to be outside in the warm sun. It was really windy until later in the day, but it was nice.

Well it won't be long and the household will be bubbling with activity and everyone will be awake. I should probably go out back to the patio and enjoy my quiet time while it lasts. Hope you all have a great day.

Jen I'll be thinking of you and praying you find a way to control that pain. Delft, please tell everyone that I have given you the day off and you are under strict orders to rest and relax... don't make me come up there... oh BTW Jen that goes for you too! In your posts tomorrow I want to read that you had to stay home today and were absolutely racked with guilt as you lounged around lazily.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Morning guys. Glad you gave me the day off BW, but no one else did ! Yesterday was a full day, with my sister and then at the store buying things for the new bathroom. Today we have one more thing to get, the new cabinets and counters. Tomorrow 8 Am the work starts. I had done the upstairs bedrooms and was to do this as well but time just ran out and I had to do the move, so now we are back on track. The old bathroom and front hall way will get ripped out and by the end of the week most of it should be re done. At least there wont be 20 years of closets to empty and sort through lik the bedrooms.

Today I woke up to sunshine, yesterday was a perfect wonderful day for sun shine warm weather and little humidity. Today promises rain....

Have a great day every one.Hope you have less pain today Jen.
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jen, Delft, B/W and all who follow. It promises to be a hot as well as a sun filled day here in upper East Tennessee.

I second B/W's motion and ask that you too just veg out today, Jen.

You know B/W, mothers rarely have that opportunity so while hubby's home today, why not let him fix the meals and you just veg out as well. A lot of guys can cook today so I'm thinking he can as well. Since our wives are the bosses, I think that occasionally they should act as one. Now I better duck all the tools that are going to be cast my way today by all of the fellas.

Delft, you must be looking forward to getting your remodeling done. Didn't you just go through some remodeling a while back? I remember a photograph of a gorgeous glass door.

Nothing on today's agenda save running up to the store and watching my NASCAR race. Fran is fixing Lasagne today. Don't know what I did to deserve homemade lasagne for just the two of us but she must have been impressed by something I did by accident so I'm looking forward to Sunday dinner.

Blessings and cheers to all and special prayers continue for those on the list.

Todd
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Thanks Todd,
You know you're right d/h can cook. When I first met him he was a cook in a restaurant similar to like an Applebees. He does pretty well. He made breakfast yesterday and treated me to Biscuits & Gravy. Today we'll probably just reheat the leftovers. I may fry up a little bacon and some eggs to go with it. Although fried taters sound kind of good to with that gravy. Perhaps I'll get out the old food proccessor and shred a few spuds. Yum!

I think I may take tomorrow off, and instead today take advantage of d/h's extra set of hands and ask for some help tidying up and decluttering. He's good that way and really fast. For some reason he can get things put away twice as fast as me.

Thanks for the ideas!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Cooler and with no humidity today..a good thing Maybe a few errands, and what's for supper kinda day Chillaxing

Jen, you are the hardest working Angel I know......we all say it, all the time, but I think you are truly God's emmissary on earth....Vermont is lucky!

I watched a couple of shows that would interest cruisers..If you have a channel called the "Wealth Channel," catch Stowaways.....gorgeous yachts, in gorgeous settings...tours of the boats, and the settings....it took me away for an hour

Make it a good one..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 9th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the sun is shining for the moment, but rain is in the forecast.

Our friends got a late start yesterday, and never made it by evening, but I see their van is in the driveway this morning, so they must've arrived sometime in the wee hours - I never heard a thing.
Once they get up, they will be loading up half the boxes in my basement, stopping off to load up on good 'ol Montreal bagels, and then be on their way back to Nova Scotia.

Other than that, I have no real plans for the day. Catch up on some paperwork and more packing I suppose, but frankly, I'm sick of packing.
I went to make dinner last night, and realized the lasagne-sized baking pan was packed, so had to run back out to the store to buy an aluminum one!
I tried a new recipe from Campbell's and it was delicious!

Hope everyone gets a little time to relax and enjoy today!

donna
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Admiral

WOW,,,you guys and gals talking about all this fantastic sounding food is making me hungry! The lovely Mrs. Jones is still in bed, and yes, I've already delivered her coffee to her. Maybe we'll head out to Bob Evans for breakfast shortly.
Hope all of you have a GREAT day.

"SKY"
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from New Orleans..Jen, you did good your blessing will come back to you

after church my best friend and her mom (my adopted family who went on their first cruise with me on the Conquest Smooth Jazz Cruise right after Katrina in 2005) are taking me to an early birthday present, a Jazz Brunch (who would have figured) 8) 8)

have a great day
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Salutations

Good morning from Southern California. The sun is shining with all its might, and I was surprised to find it cool out when I went out for the paper.

We spent a nice Saturday in Newport Beach chilling out in their perfect weather. I shopped while Keith talked with his brother in Phoenix. Later, I slipped into a chair next to him, and a couple munching on salads while a pair of friendly black labs begged for food.

Jen and Delft, you both need a Sunday rest day. My DH just got up and is deep into the Sunday paper. The coffee pot just finished up a brew, so I think I'll have my first cup.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Judy
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates. May you all have a peacefull and blessed sunday.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!