CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Thursday is here (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/367067-thursday-here.html)

Delft August 13th, 2009 06:48 AM

Thursday is here

Thursday is here, the sun is shinning out bright and I got a brand new toilet running perfectly! Alot of work was done yesterday! The floor is finished in the powder room, the toilet, sink, counter, vanity all installed along with the medicine cabinet, the various other decor things that needed to be put in, baseboards and lights and so on. Only thing left is the door which will be last. The floor goes into the hall today, tomorrow it gets grouted and the door goes in along with a few last touches. What a differance it all makes and I am really pleased.In the mean time, now that one bathroom is done, I am looking at another one. It looks shabby next to the new one LOL! I have actually already bought the tiles for the other one.

Last night we did my mother's birthday dinner. She gets chemo today, so it is not a good day for a meal. It was a very nice dinner. She loved the birthday cake done in a theme from her favorite fairy tale character as a child. I also found a music box with the same theme, on ebay. They are VERY hard to find.

I got three little doggies scratching my legs as I sit here wanting their breakfrast so I best go feed them. Have a great day every one.

VTJen August 13th, 2009 07:22 AM

Good Morning Mates,

Not sure about todays weather - looks a bit dark out - but starting tomorrow - I know that it is going to be four days of hot, sunny day! I am going to be living by the pool - well I hope I will.

Delft - glad things are progressing - soon your whole home will be redone! Good for you - mine is in great need of attention, and yet we have no means to take care of it, so it is frustrating.
Also, I am so glad that you enjoyed a nice birthday with your mom. You have brought her so much love, comfort and care. You are such a good example to us all. Thank you.

ToddDH - I drove across the Smoky Mts. two years ago from TN to Cherokee - beautiful, beautiful drive - it was in the fall.
I had wanted to spend time in Cherokee - but time became an issue, and truly my heart was broken - it seemed so sad. We did stop for breakfast.
I am 1/8 Abenaki from both sides of my lineage. I refer to myself as part Native American - I have tried to educate myself somewhat of the culture of my heritage - because the State of Vermont refuses to acknowledge us as a people - or that we ever had a history here it is hard. Ours is a sad story too. We are Woodland Indians - and belong to the Algonquin Nation. The dress for this nation traditionally would have been buckskin - embroidered with porcupine quills - also used for necklaces along with seeds, and corn - I wonder what Trip would make with these "bead"?

Busy, busy...off to work today, then hopefully berry picking since we got rained out this week - then prayer tonight at church. A full day to be sure.

Walk in peace and joy today!

skymaster August 13th, 2009 08:18 AM

Good morning "Mates". Well, at long last, me and the lovely Mrs. Jones are single digit "small people". (Have to be politically correct you know.) :roll:
Todd, we love the Smokey Mountains, and have spent a lot of time (and money) in Cherokee, Gatlinburg, and the surrounding area. When we were riding motorcycles all the time, we seldom missed a chance, or summer to ride the beautiful roads of the Smokeys. We haven't been there for two years now, but when, and if I ever get retired, we'll no doubt return.....Right now, we need to pack our bags for seven days of heaven aboard the beautiful Carnival Glory.

"SKY"

rollerdonna August 13th, 2009 08:23 AM

Morning All, from Montreal, where for the first time all summer our weather forecast for the next 5 days says SUN SUN SUN and HOT HOT HOT!
We have waited for this for so long this year, it's like the coming of summer finally in the middle of August.

Looks like another afternoon with the wading pools at work today.... 8)

Delft, glad your mom enjoyed her birthday and her cake. You make great cakes!

Jen, enjoy some pool time, wish I could join you!
BTW, when I researched my genealogy I discovered a great great grandmother who was an Iroquois Indian!

donna

Luanne Russo August 13th, 2009 09:00 AM

Good morning everyone from a very sunny, clean Texas. We had a wonderful rain shower yesterday, that made things say aaaaa.

Delf, Happy Birthday to your mom. You and your family have been through so much. I hope you had a few moments of joy.

Todd, Wonderful Smokies. I have memories of traveling in that area as a child.

RD, You have family here in Texas. Why oh why didn't you buy a house here, and have summer 9 months out of the year. LOL

Sky, I am so glad you have a cruise coming up. Lucky you. Have a great time.

Jen, Happy Berry picking.

Not much going on today. I finally found someone to do the yard for us. I had someone but he found a full time job, and had to leave us.

This man seems very nice.

I wish all of you a good day.

Luanne

beenie weenie August 13th, 2009 09:03 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I hope you all are well this morning!

Not much happening here today. Just lots of stuff I have procrastinated on doing. Better go get er done!

Have a great day folks!

LS80 August 13th, 2009 10:35 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........warmer temps are returning.....suppose to be mid 80's to low 90's for the next week.......

7 days & we leave for our cruise.......suppose to make 90 for that day....what a send off eh????

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon

CruisinK n J August 13th, 2009 11:18 AM

Thursday is Here

Good morning again from Southern California. This lap top periodically goes thru some kind of "reconfiguring" process and I lose everything I've posted. Grr!

Fortunately, nothing much was being said. Nothing much is going on, either. I guess that's a good thing. Been feeling kinda puny, thinking that I caught the crud from Keith. I don't need that now as we are going to San Diego in a few days. You can't run around Balboa Park if you're not up to snuff.

Have a good day, people.

Judy

CruisinK n J August 13th, 2009 11:29 AM

Thursday is Here

I seem to be having posting problems this morning. This is the third try.

I watched a good program last night on PBS, all disco music. Yes, the BG's were featured. Irene Cara sang . . . disco royalty! Anyway, it was all fun.

We're off to South Coast PLaza today to get Keith's watch fixed. Last time, they sent if off to Switzerland and kept it for weeks for a complete concouring. $300 later . . . :roll:

Nothing much else going on. I envy everybody just about to go on a cruise, including neighbors who are going on a 30-day cruise in October.

Have a good day!

Judy