Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Good Morning

It's 4 AM and I woke up from pain. Normal given the amount of work of yesterday. It is HUMID. Today, it will be a quiter day. I will go to wallys world for a few things, then Sam and I may catch a movie this afternoon.

My bathroom, and the front hallway is all done. The end result of it all is really nice and I am very pleased.

Yesterdays horse riding went well but the horses were in a playful mood. That meant my sister went for abit of a wild ride BUT she hung on while I had a small coronary.

I have decided the next project I am going to tackle in terms of thinning out is the laundry store room. I plan to make a large donation to the local sally anne.

Have a great day every one.
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Delft and all to follow!

As I stated in the other thread I am still smarting from my former team the Eagles signing dog killer Michael Vick. It is very difficult to give up a fifty year relationship, but I can no longer support them. My wife, the Cowboy fan, wants me to defect to her side, but for now I remain without a team.

Today starts a long string of being a "shower widower" as there are seemingly an endless number of babies from friends and family coming into the world this fall. I shall console myself in my lonlieness by watching the NASCAR race.

Still nuts at work so I will check in when I can!

Hope everyone has the greatest of days!

Chatham Harbor at Sunset, Cape Cod (there is a seal swimming in the picture if you look closely)

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Captain

Looks like summer is going to stay around here today (so glad). It is foggy but the sun is burning through. I have been up getting a few odds and ends done before I head off to church.
Yesterday was not a good day around here. Our desktop computer has decided it doesn't want to work anymore. It is an older Dell and for some unknown reason it has just shut itself off. When I try to restart it comes on then before it is finished it just shuts down. I need a computer wizard to tell me what is wrong. Guess I'll take it to one of our local computer stores and see if it is worth fixing. D/H uses it most of the time but I also use it for most of my printing. I had almost everything backed up so I still have the main files just didn't have a couple of things for D/H that he will need in a day or so.
That was the first breakdown of the day, now for the 2nd. After a very nice dinner I went to open the dishwasher to begin the loading when the latch broke. Couldn't open the darn thing. After much work we managed to get it open. Seems the plastic in the latch broke. I guess it just means I'll have to do dishes the old fashioned way for awhile.
Today will be a relaxing one for us. After church my baby grandaughter is coming home with me. Her mom & big sis need to make a run to try and find some new tennis shoes the sis. School starts here on Wed. and she needs the shoes! This evening my D/D is having an early birthcay dinner for me so I don't have to cook today. It will be nice to just get to visit with everyone while someone else is in the kitchen.
Doug, I too will be watching the NASCAR race. Who will make the chase? Tony for sure! Want Mark Martin to get in also.
Delft, hope you get to feeling better soon. Glad you are enjoying the remodel job. Rest today and start the next room later.
Well better get going. Church will start without me.

Prayers to all in need. Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates!

Sure hope your pain gets better and soon, Delft.

I'll be joining you Doug watching the boys run at Brooklyn....Michigan, that is.

Today's Sunday menu is Caesar Salad, Roast Pork with gravy, Sweet Potatoes, whole green beans, steamed summer squash dressed with butter and Croissants. The dessert is warm brownies upon which will be a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream and dressed with hot fudge. Just the ticket for moi, who is a diabetic with a death wish.

Prayers continue for those on the list along with a request for Blessings upon all!

Todd
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
The day is off to a nice start. The guys are up and watching some kind of educational stuff on discovery chan. while d/s is blowing up stuff on his puter in the back ground. The cat is on d/h's lap getting her morning lovins. The bird is yacking her beak off. The bean sprout (d/d) is still sleeping as usual. I just got out of the tub. It is nice to have a nice relaxing soak with out interuption...which is generally what happens any time I am out of eye shot of the kidlets. I have a little extra energy today. Which means I will be extra productive. That's good.
Well I am once more in cruise planning mode. I actually am about half way done with excursions. Flights are booked, hotels and transportation are all done. Final payment was made Friday. So all I have to do is get my act together on the remaining ports that I have yet to plan excursions.

Yesterday was a very lazy day. I felt guilty as we stayed in the house all day. I only went out to run a couple of errands and cook filet mignon on the BBQ. The neighbor guy and his son are bachelors this weekend, so we took them a couple of steaks, baked potato and sweet corn since they would have been ordering burgers from the fast food joint on the corner otherwise. D/H did go out and wash and wax his car. It looked nice when he finished it.

Today I think I may do a little work in the garage, do a little laundry and clean house a little.

Hope you all have a nice Sunday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I slept in way too late this morning!
Guess I needed it....
Yesterday I had my bi-annual or tri-annual l-o-n-g visit with the hairdresser for the full treatment; colour, highlights, cut, thinning, and styling. I usually got every 2 months for a cut, but I was overdue for the rest.
This will be my last visit with my long-time hairdresser, it's like leaving an old friend.
The rest of the day was errands and then just staying inside in the air conditioning trying to escape Montreal's brutal heat wave!
Today is another scorcher, and after we go out for brunch, I think I will try to find a pool to park myself beside for the rest of the day!

donna
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. I haven't posted on the morning thread lately so thought I would stop in and say hello. It's cloudy with rain on it's way. Looks like we have a tropical storm, no name yet, coming our way later today and the next few days. Behind this one is Ana which looks like it might come this way. As long as they are just tropical storms I don't mind. It's the hurricanes I don't like. Guess I will work on my scrapbook today since pool times seems to be out of the question. Guess we will have the NASCAR race on later today also.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old August 16th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Good Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Still overcast, which is nice.

I have to start getting ready for my little two-day sojourn to San Diego, but we both need clean clothes. The washer is hard at work. Keith and I slept late, so my to-do list was delayed somewhat. Let's see, the super market, Walgreen's, lunch somewhere, maybe try to get the watch fixed this afternoon . . .

We received an invitation to MIL's 80th birthday bash. Gonna be a big partay, I'm told. Lotsa German food and lotsa Germans. I'm the exception, Swedish to my eyeballs. What's beyond the eyeballs? Alley cat, I guess!

Have a nice day!

Judy