Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, another work week begins

Many of we Cruisemates return to work while we who are retired, often start back with another round of medical appointments.

Other than the above, no definite plans except it's back to Johnson City to Valu-Vision to exchange my glasses for another pair because one of the two was of the wrong frame. How did I not recognize that until we got back home? I'm not going into details save to say I was so disgusted with the outfit with which I was dealingI just wanted to get out of there. Why did I go in the first place. Even cheap glasses aren't cheap anymore and if you know the mark-up of not just "designer" frames but all frames, you'd probably be stunned. As we're on a fixed income, our money isn't going to be spend on two hundred dollar frames, etc.

While the glasses might be cheaper than even Wal-Mart, I think you would be best served by avoiding those super discount glasses chains like the plague. Actually, I found Wal-Mart to be quite professional and that is to which henceforth, I'll be returning for future glasses.

Then it may be on to Asheville to a grocery store over there. Last week The Fresh Market (a Southeastern supermarket chain primarily in Tennessee and the Carolinas for those who not only are not on fixed incomes (unless you're a retired CEO ) but rather those whom one might consider financially blessed) had on sale true Prime NY Strips for $12.95 a pound and they were gorgeous. Just hope they're still on sale. I'm kicking my own keester that I didn't get a couple then. Fran will let me get a couple because of course, she'll want her Cannolis !

Prayers for those who are under travail and Blessings on everyone!

Have a great week and stay safe!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Morning Todd, and all Mates to follow.
Todd you sure have had your share of problems to get a simple pair or 2 of glasses! Hope everything turns out right this time around....

I am up after getting maybe 3 hours sleep. Just one of those nights I couldn't sleep, then the dog aggravated things by flacking and shaking her ear which is bothering her. I got up to clean it and put drops, then she rubbed her head all up and down the hall and through the house making such a racket since we've already removed all the carpets....
Naturally, she's blissfully sleeping now in MY bed, and I'm trying to wake up sufficiently to go to work!

Got a lot done yesterday, not so much in volume of packing, but in purging and organizing files and records and assorted stuff from 3 closets.
I have made a vow to myself that I will be more organized and vigilant with paperwork in my new life out east.

Speaking of East, we are thankful to hear that Hurricane Bill did not pack the punch he was expected to in Nova Scotia yesterday. We were a little worried that our new home would be damaged, but it seems all is well.

Well, like Todd said, it's off to work this Monday, the start of my last 2 weeks there. I can honestly say, I will miss the place, but especially I will miss the wonderful people I work with....

donna
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I have had a fun morning. Today we have entered a new age of technology as my bedroom has now been converted to a distance learning classroom. D/H and I got to sleep in a bit since he only had to commute to his desk on the other side of the bed today instead of the hour and 15 minute drive to Indy he normally has. Class started about 10 minutes ago, so now the kiddos are under strict orders to be quiet, we can carry on normal conversation but no screaming, yelling or loud talk. As we all know...that's no fun! From the waist up d/h appears to be the pinnacle of professionalism. nicely starched white dress shirt, lovely silk tie, his hair is nice, he is clean shaven etc... from the waist down he looks like he is going to play golf, he's wearing a pair of plaid shorts.

The cat didn't take kindly to be evicted from the bedroom and she thought that appearing on the webcam might be the beginning of her acting career. She started posing for the camera and being irresistable.

Today is busy. I am taking the kids to Indy, we have a lot to do over there. Don't want to say too much and jinx us.

I have promised the kids to take them to Chuck E. Cheese for a while since we'll be over there, they are looking forward to that most of all. We'll I better go get cleaned up. I have to use the kids bathroom since I really don't want to appear on camera quite yet today lol.

Have a great day folks. Jen hope all is well. Delft hang in there sweety.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 24th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, another Work Week Begins

Good morning from sunny Southern California.

Yes, just another normal week . . . gym day, ironing. Hope all is well with all of my CruiseMates!

Judy