Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Good Friday

Here I am without sleep. Its 4.30AM and since I was laying in bed without the sleep I just got up and am trying to get the idea of going back to bed soon.

Had a good Thursday. Helen's Light Relief came and we tried it out. Something has got to work. She is suffering too much with the pain in the knees. Gonna go see the Knee Doc on next Tuesday. He has not done any good so far.

Then my invertor came. Saved a few bucks on that. Now I can use my laptop in the car by using the car battery. Then I can use in on board an Aircraft. They have a special plug in on the Aircraft. The car uses the cig lighter for the DC power. BUT I have to use my other wiring to get from AC to DC. Gosh lots of wiring.

Gonna shut this down soon and try again in the bedroom.

Hope all have a good friday and a nice weekend coming.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Ray, sorry sleep has alluded you. Hope you are now sleeping soundly, and are having sweet dreams!

Yesterdays was a long, yet uneventful day, which is good. I was at church, under lockdown, and there was pretty much some one there a lot of the time - the furnace repair man had to come and clean the furnace and then replace some parts - so that was a few hours - (hate to see the bill). The pastor's wife came twice. Worship leader also was there. Also was on phone much of the time no one was there.
Left church shortly after 4 - made sure that lockdown was secure. Went back shortly before 6 for the Thursd. evening prayer group, and everything was secure - and was so wen we left a little after 8. So I believe when I go this morning all will be well.
Also the cold temps are better, as he won't wan't to hang around outside in cold awaiting to go in, when he simply can just go to his apartment.
Two men from church are going in this weekend to clean it. I can't imagine the dirt and filth in there - I know it is horribly bad.
Let's hope this will inspire him to take care of himself - eat, not drink and take his meds.

Back to work today - then rush home and try to fix something for a potluck this evening. Then go pick up a couple people then drive out to the camp where it is held. It is for the church visitation team and after eating and fellowship we will watch a dvd on how to deal with people who are grieving.

Not much else going on right now. Schools are getting ready to start.
Some areas around here had a little frost last night. We had such little nice weather - these cold temps are really discouraging. Some days I just want to pack it all up and just move into an easier life, a warmer life.
But I know this is where the Lord would have me be at present.

BW I am thinking of your son, wondering on the doc.'s report. Hope it was stellar!

Judy- wish I were there so we could go celebrate your good report from the Doc! We could eat lunch and shop! What fun we would have.

Delft - always, in my thoughts and prayers.

Luanne - has school started there yet?

Find joy today!
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone and hope that you got back to bed, Ray. Actually for the first time in awhile, I slumbered pretty well last night.

Hope things continue to go well on the security front, Jen. Goodness gracious, you've certainly paid your dues and deserve a long break....such as a move to mild and beautiful East Tennessee!

Can't wait to get your report B/W on your son but will have to wait until tonight to check back as I gotta' get my keester in gear, get my shower and get out on the road to Johnson City for my "zap."

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and an even better weekend whether it be wet or dry!

Todd
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Jen, glad to hear there were no strange events yesterday and that you had people with you while you worked. Please be careful, there's only one Jen and you matter to a whole lot of people.

Todd, I will be thinking of you today as you get zapped! Hope it gives your ticker just the kick it needs!

Ray I sure hope Helen gets some relief from her knee pain and you get some rest. Have a good flight.

We did have a good doctor's appointment and all went well. The Doc wants d/h to go one more week non-weight bearing though. Just wants to give those bone grafts a little more time to strengthen. So next Thursday d/s will begin to walk in his air cast with crutches. The following week he'll lose the crutches. then a week later, he can start wearing his shoes again. Baby steps... but its progress. I looked at yesterdays Xrays and his little foot is so beautiful. The bones look normal. So different than the xrays taken before surgery. It looks great and he has the nicest arch now.

A co-worker of d/h was at the hospital with his little 2 year old. The little guy went in for surgery becuase we was born without any fingers on one hand. They removed his fourth toe on both feet and put them one his hand so he would have a pincer grasp at least to hold and pick up things with that hand. He is such a cute little guy and what they're going through has to be so difficult. The little fellow came through the surgery with flying colors. His Dad sent us a picture of him being wheeled from the recovery room in a little race car with a big smile on his face. What a trooper.

Well after the Doctor appointment, we went to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. Everytime we go back there, it has grown. We wanted to see the King Tut exhibit. It was good but I really could kick myself for not seeing it way back when it was in Chicago. Many of the best objects have gone back to Egypt for safe keeping and preservation. I guess they will be moving this one to Canada after it leaves here and after that, it all goes back to Egypt.

D/H has to go back to Indy today. He has an exam to take there today. I is for one of his online classes he is taking from the University.

D/D has to begin her schoolwork soon as she wants to go the sitter's at 11:00 to see the other kids and have lunch (it's pizza day). So I figure I will spend the next couple of hours working with her and then I will give d/s some one on one time working on his studies this afternoon. There isn't much else going on here. Pretty quiet for the most part. I need to clean out the sun room and rearrange everything so I can put some of the patio furniture in there and bring my tropical flowers in before the cold weather hits this weekend. I really hope I can keep them alive this winter.

Well hope you all have a great day! I am off and running!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is only 12C (53F), a might bit chilly this morning! Like Jen said, frost in some areas overnight - looks like summer, short as it was, is officially over!

Summer is certainly over where I work. All our 5 yr olds started kindergarten yesterday, so those classes were sparse.
Today will be my last official full day at work, then next week as they start the new year with all the new kids I will be a "Hugger". Kind of like a Wal Mart greeter, there to welcome and comfort any crying new little ones.
Best part is, I only work half days next week, so I can go home in the afternoon and do all the stuff that needs doing here before the big move!

Todd, best of luck with the "zapping" today, I'll be thinking of you!
Jen, I don't know how you fit so much into a day!
BW, waiting to hear your ds's Dr. report too!
Judy, all I can say is way to go!

donna
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday

Good morning from Southern California. Two fires now keeping fire fighters busy. There are millions of a/c's working really hard, too. Ours starts crankin' about 11 a.m. and goes on and on . . . Some areas were at 106. We had 102. Heaven knows what it is in Phoenix.

VtJen, I am happy that you were safe at least one day. I wish you were here, too. I know just the perfect place to eat and shop!
BW, soon your little boy will be back to his ol' rompin' self!
Ray, I hope Helen gets some pain relief soon.
Donna, wow, a new life begins for you!
Todd, best of luck today.

Keith and I will have lunch today in Newport Beach with a former work buddy and his wife. Keith and Pete go back many, many years. Pete lives in a nearby beach community, is in his nineties, still sails his boat, and plays tennis. If anybody wants to try it, I'll save part of a Rubenesque Sandwich forf you!

Have a good day!

Judy
Old August 28th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon to all!! weekend is almost here!
Old August 28th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Good evening from Virginia Beach, fellow cruisemates. This morning I did my usual, "friday cleaning the house routine", then Rob came home early from work and took me out to lunch. A bit cooler today, weatherwise; Indian summer is just around the corner. Next weekend we are headed up to the Washington, D.C. area to see the kids, grandkids, and the kid's in laws. This upcoming week could not move fast enough for me! Have a great weekend and may you have smooth sailing ahead in whatever you do!