Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2009, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning

Morning All, from Montreal, where I am up WAY earlier that I usually am.
It's dark and dull and cool at 10C, but it is supposed to warm up to 23C (73F) and be quite nice later on.
Starting work extra early this week; today is DAY 1 for all the new little ones starting out, and the day the rest of them all change classes up one level.
Always a big day for tears and fears, so I am designated a "Hugger" for the week. Just an extra body to help out where needed. Kind of a nice way to ease my way out of a job I feel like I've been doing forever.....

The nice part is, I get to go home at 1:30 instead of after 6, so I'm looking forward to that!

Hope everyone is well this Tuesday, have a good one!

donna
Old September 1st, 2009, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning R/D and welcome to the "quit at 1:00" rule, Just think, next Monday you'll be able to get start work at 8:00am and quit at 8:01am.

Gonna' be another beautiful day today in the mountains of East Tennessee. Got the grass cut yesterday and got it done in an hour and forty-five minutes. The grass knows Fall's not too far off and has started to slow its growth.

Our apple tree was loaded with apples and magically, 95% of them disappeared. Guess we were visited by the dreaded "apple stalkers" sometime within the past couple of nights. I just wish their cousins, those "Pear lifters" would also appear. There are many poor in this country of almost 18% unemployment and it pains me to have to make either "applesauce" or "pear smash" with my lawn tractor, so I look forward to visits by these denizens of the night.

Off to the dreaded monthly Oncologist appointment this morning for Fran. Aside from a little increase in her feeling of tiredness she purports to feel fine so hopefully the numbers will, if certainly not good, remain acceptable.

BTW, loved the interaction within yesterdays morning post. Just the conversation resulted in my cholesterol soaring to acceptable southern limits!

Prayers of course continue for those under travail along with Blessings for everyone.

Have a grand Tuesday!

Todd
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A beautiful late summer day here, and Aiden has his kindergarten preview today..he starts next Tuesday.....When I was a kid, no preview, just plunked me down, in kidland We have finished our map duties, and I will post pictures soon..I promise...Thanks again to all of you who helped us this summer...xoxox

Todd, we all gained weight just reading yesterday, but, lucky me that menu is hard to get around here We need this post count today, to beat yesterdays I hope Fran has some good results today, fingers crossed.

My boss gave me some potatoes and tomatoes from his garden yesterday, and boy how wonderful they were! I need 40 acres, and, a plow now

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 1st, 2009, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I am one day closer to my next cruise and I think I am ready to rock and roll! Except for d/h's passport, of course. Well the silly people at the post office forgot to put the custom's declaration form on it and so it made a two week oddysey and was returned to us in yesterday's mail unopened. So I took it to a different post office and it is guaranteed to arrive today in Gatineau, Quebec. Let's hope it comes back in plenty of time. Otherwise d/h will be really sad when we leave without him.

There are lots of things here that need to be done around the house. I think I may have to drain the pool soon. We had another cold night last night and I doubt it will get warm enough to go swimming again. Kind of depressing. I also need to clean out the sunroom and bring the patio furniture inside.

d/s has had a growth spurt during his recuperation. His clothes are getting tight. He's a skinny little guy, but being off his feet has let him add a little weight to his frame. He's been very sweet and adorable. D/D got really upset with me yesterday because I told a friend something she said and she was embarrassed by it. So last night she reprimanded me. I was very impressed by how she expressed herself and let me know how she felt about it. It cracks me up, sometimes I think she is an adult in a 6 year old's body. She is so funny.

So much for my plans today. I just got a phone call from d/h. He called me to let me know that he had forgotten his wallet this morning and was pretty sure he didn't have enough gas to get back home Oh well, I am off to Indy in a bit for a lunch of sushi... oh yeah and to give d/h his wallet . He wonders why I am such a control freak

I'll be in touch

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where it is again warm, but the skies are a bright blue.

I see we made the national news last night, for our lack of rain fall. We have way to many boat docks that no longer reach the water.

I looked at the weather report, and we seem to be below the one hundred mark this week. It will be the first time in over 60 days.

Josh seemed to enjoy getting back into the classroom yesterday. He has some very interesting classes.

He was due to graduate with his Associates in Criminal Justice in May. I knew that he waited to late to apply to walk with his class, because the deadline was just after the loss of Joe, but I couldn't figure out why he had not received his diploma in the mail.

When I asked him to check on it while at school, he confessed that he had not met the requirements to graduate. He said he put off telling me, because he didn't want me to hurt.

I told him I was surprised that he was able to pass anything, after what we have gone through these last months. Keep in mind that Joe died on Sunday, and Josh started the spring semester on Thursday of the same week. Could you have done it?

Not much planned for today. I am always cleaning, so I guess there will be some of that involved. Josh told his dad that all I do is clean, and Jim told Josh that was my coping. I guess it could be worse. I could be drinking.

I wish all of you a wonderful day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning

Good morning from an overcast Southern California. The Station Fire has burned over 100,000 acres. I haven't been outside or seen any news, so I don't know what happened at Mt. Wilson.

This is gym day once again and ironing day once again. I am taking yet another antibiotic for an infection.

Todd, I hope Fran does well today.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old September 1st, 2009, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Good late Morning from New Orleans...Luanne, always feel free to practice your "coping" by coming to clean my house..as a bachelor, I don't mind general cleaning, it's the dusting I can't stand

I am still full from yesterday's morning post

have a great day
Old September 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM
Admiral

Well dearCruisemates, Fran got a good report so the sun is shining both without and within. After we left the Oncologist I took her to Zaxby's for wings. She loves them so hot just walking near them makes your eyes run. I, on the other hand, don't want them above "Wimpy." Guess I couldn't make it on the Tex/Mex border .

Hope everybody is enjoying their day.

Todd
Old September 1st, 2009, 03:21 PM
First Mate

Todd,

That is great news ! Thank you for sharing....

Old September 1st, 2009, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

What fabulous news!!! Certainly deserving of chicken wings, which I love too In Fll there is a place called Big Daddy Flanagan, that when they brought the wings from the kitchen..my eyes would automatically water!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 1st, 2009, 06:30 PM
Admiral

great news about Fran...Todd, you need to fix her dinner with everything she likes
Old September 1st, 2009, 07:55 PM
Admiral

A wonderful thought Venice, but I took her out to Dinner tonight. We went to Arby's .... really!

I love to cook but I don't "do" Italian (I mean after all...). So, being the good skate that I am, I'm taking her out to eat..................IN VIRGINIA BEACH!

Yes, she'll enjoy all the sights and sounds of this premier mecca of Tourism. Her trip will include chauffeur service, a suite facing the beach, and yes, she'll dine at exclusive fast food restaurants in the Tidewater area. But wait, there's STILL MORE! With this package goes an entire day at............BUSCH GARDENS! She'll have a tremendous time in this great theme park and might even get a chance to THROW UP during the inverted loop on..... THE WOLF, that world famous, popular and blazingly fast roller coaster. All this can be yours too.....IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT! (apologies to the memory of the late great Johnny Olson).

Todd
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Yeah Fran and Tood! WooHoo! I am raising a glass of wonderful Cabernet and toasting to both of your health!

Old September 1st, 2009, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Todd...all those years in Dutchess County has really done a number on your brain cells

however, your love for your wife and her well being comes thru loud and clear
Old September 1st, 2009, 10:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

That is great news Todd and Fran. Prayers were answered.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:13 PM
Admiral

Great news Todd and Fran, I'm sure a great burden has been lifted from both of you....

donna