Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday has Arrived

Good Morning, Its bright and sunny again. My most favorite time of year. Today is Laundry room day. We are cleaning everything out and re arranging in preparation for the new machines. They are larger and it means re adjusting where things go. It arrives on Saturday. I already have three bags to go to Sally Ann for donations of stuff that I never use, mostly old kitchen things. DS and his friends will be moving the freezer tonight over to a new spot. Today I will buy those tracks that allow you to put things like that on tracks with wheels. I never thought of it when I bought the freezer, sure did last night when I went to move it!

Have a great day every one.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where as Delft says, it's bright and sunny, and supposed to be quite nice and warm as it will be for the rest of the week.
Of course the weather is beautiful when everyone goes back to school/work!

Yesterday was worse than I had anticipated. Started off OK, with only 1 or 2 kids in early, but when they all started arriving, and they all started crying at once, it was sheer he#%!!
Fortunately we had about 6 adults in attendance to handle it, but it sure was not pleasant!

Today I took the day off because we have to make an appearance at the lawyer's office to sign papers for the sale of our house.
Guess who calls at 9 am to cancel the appointment and postpone it till late afternoon?
I was livid, because I've lost a day's pay over this idiot. In addition we have a problem with the buyers who want to have the final signing AFTER our moving date, which we CANNOT change. All these little annoyances are causing a lot of stress!

Meanwhile, I find myself with a day off, so I guess I will find something to do to keep myself busy.....

donna
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Has Arrived

Hey, where is everybody? Good morning from Southern California with the orange sunrise. Weird! Fire fighters don't expect to contain this fire until the middle of September!

Today I will finish off the laundry, Keith will go to the gym, and we will have lunch at Norm's.

Judy
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
Captain

Good Morning, happy middle-of-the-week!

It's a beautiful day in San Francisco. I like coming to work this time of year (Indian Summer and Fall). There are tourists everywhere. I work across the street from the Palace Hotel and every morning feel a twinge of jealousy as I see the vacationers with the suitcases or cameras and backpacks walking around downtown!

Well, I get to be a tourist in 3-weeks and can hardly wait!
Old September 2nd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Triton,

I'll probably never get to San Francisco but I promised myself that if I ever did, I'd have to stay at the Mark Hopkins.

Why the Mark Hopkins? Decades ago I read about it and then (again decades ago) saw it every week on the TV series Streets of San Francisco with Karl Malden and Michael Douglas.

But I'll never get to San Francisco and therefore won't have to worry about coming up with the over a grand necessary for a four night stay in a room with a view!

Todd
Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Admiral

I like San Fran too. I took d/h there on a surprise visit for our first Anniversary. Spent a few days driving through the wine country too. It was a lovely trip. We stayed at the St. Francis, which was very nice. Maybe someday we'll go back.

At the time d/h's sister had moved to Half Moon Bay from England and his Mom just happened to be visiting his sis at the same time from Canada. So everybody got a big surprise.

Well I haven't had a chance to get my hair cut or colored since before d/s's surgery. So to say the least, I am way overdue. One of my favorite girlfriends just happens to be a great hairdresser and had a last minute cancellation. So I am a very lucky girl today! I'll be going topay her a visit in just a bit.

Tomorrow is the big day. D/S starts putting weight on his foot. We're all very excited about that!

Well I better get my rear in gear. I have to get ready to go to my appointment.

Take care all, have a happy hump day!

Read and post cruise reviews