Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Banned
Captain

Default MSC Cruises Bonus

I requested a Caribbean brochure from MSC cruises, and it arrived today. One interesting point stood out:
Kids sail free ALWAYS.
I think we may just give them a try. Too bad they only have one ship in the Caribbean this year. Two weeks for four for under $2000? (It can't be worse than Carnival)
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Captain

We did the transatlantic crossing with our two kids and despite having to get used to a few differences we had a really good time. The reality is that with kids sailing free the cost of the cruise becomes extremely competitive, competitive enough to lure me away from Carnival after we became platinum. I just don't know where you can find a better deal for a family cruising in the Carib. I personally have grown frustrated with the 3rd, 4th and 5th pricing for our kids on the majority of the cruiselines. With a new baby, carnival wanted $500 for her to sail in february as the 5th in our cabin, we switched to Disney and they charged only $129, but MSC she would have been free as would her 9 year old sister. The other lines may currently have better kids programming but it would be wise for them to clue-in to reality, as MSC gets more popular and people start to take a chance with them and more kids sail, they will develop better programming and lure even more new clients to their line. Take the chance with MSC, for the price it's really hard to go wrong.
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Admiral

While we don't have any young ones to take on a cruise I feel you really can't go wrong cruising with MSC. Of all the cruises we have been on MSC has had some of the nicest people working of any. And while the food was different you definitely won't go hungry. When we were on the Lirica in April we consantly saw the people in charge of the kids program working with the kids and they really seemed to enjoy the job. On a lot of nights they would have the kids in the evening and would take them to the shows in the theater. And they did not let any of the kids misbehave.

Try it!

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old September 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Admiral

I recommended MSC to one of my neighbors and she did book it for Easter week a family of 4 in an inside cabin for under $1,400. total. You are not going to get any better or even a close deal for 4 people for a 7 niter during peak Easter week on any other cruiseline.

Costa has the kids free certain times of the year however MSC it is kids free all the time.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old September 6th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Admiral

MSC and Costa are the two lines that the lovely Mrs. Jones and I haven't tried yet. As most of you know, Vita was born in Sicily, and she will be right at home on either of these lines I'm sure. Maybe we'll give MSC a shot next fall. Be sure to let us know how your cruise went!

"SKY"