Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Default Malt Shop Memories Theme Cruise !!!

Carnival Inspiration May 13th thru 17th, 2010

50's Doo-Wop Heaven 8) 8) 8)

Frankie Avalon (the Harry Connick Jr.of his time)-Bobby Rydell (the Justin Timberlake of his time)-Little (not so much these days) Anthony & the Imperials (Frankie Beverly and Maze of his time)-Lou Christie (the Alan Thicke of his time)-Leslie Gore (the Tina Marie of her time)-The Platters-The Drifters (the Temptations and Four Tops of their time (don't know which version of the last 2)

ah yes, saturday afternoon memories at the local Malt Shop, with a jukebox and lots of dimes ...going to Baskins and Robbins today does not quite evoke those types of memories and with IPODS and MP3 players players in every teenagers ears, it's just not the same

should be a fun theme cruise
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

This cruise would be the perfect setting for Sky and RollerDonnas "Grease" cruise.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 17th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2
This cruise would be the perfect setting for Sky and RollerDonnas "Grease" cruise.

Laura
You got that right Nut2! WOW, this will be a GREAT cruise. Maybe I'll try and talk the lovely Mrs. Jones into this one. You listening R.D.?

"SKY"
Old September 17th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Here is a strange question. Where does this cruise go to? What port does it leave from? I know these are odd questions, because with that great entertainment who wants to get off the ship.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 17th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Kat, Venice probably has more info than I do. This sailing was not listed in the Carnival website. I did call Carnival and they said the ship is chartered. The only info the pvp had was that there were 6 cabins available. The pvp also did not know which agency was handling the cruise. The ship sails from Tampa. Goes to Cozumel and returns to Tampa. I found a website if you want the url pm me.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Laura is correct (as usual) leaves from Tampa ..goes to Cozumel and back..the point of these types of music charters is not the ports, it is the music and the interaction with the artist

music from that era is timeless, so i would expect that the age range will be very wide..the dress code of that era is going to be great!!!!!

next up, theme cruise from the 60's British Invasion, surfing and Motown
Old September 17th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
Laura is correct (as usual) leaves from Tampa ..goes to Cozumel and back..the point of these types of music charters is not the ports, it is the music and the interaction with the artist

music from that era is timeless, so i would expect that the age range will be very wide..the dress code of that era is going to be great!!!!!

Quote:
next up, theme cruise from the 60's British Invasion, surfing and Motown
Venice Keep me posted on this one. My gentleman friend is from England and loves the British groups.

Laura
---Mark Twain

Old September 17th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Laura..if your friend loves the British Invasion Music, you should go online and order him the DVD entitled "The TAMI Show"

it was a 1965 concert hosted by Jan and Dean and featured Chuck Berry, James Brown, Rolling Stones, The Supremes, The Beach Boys, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, Marvin Gaye with the Blossoms, Leslie Gore, Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas, The Barbarians and a very young Teri Garr as a go-go dancer

you can order it on www.thevideobeat.com

it's very raw footage but you can watch a very young Mick Jagger offstage trying to mimic the dance moves of James Brown
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2
Kat, Venice probably has more info than I do. This sailing was not listed in the Carnival website. I did call Carnival and they said the ship is chartered. The only info the pvp had was that there were 6 cabins available. The pvp also did not know which agency was handling the cruise. The ship sails from Tampa. Goes to Cozumel and returns to Tampa. I found a website if you want the url pm me.

Laura
I'm going to have to skip on this one. I'm going on the Splendor May 2, 2010 for seven days. I can't get off then go on a cruise from May 13, 2010. My work will be piling up while I'm gone.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994