Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

View Poll Results: Which cruise line is this chef affiliated with?
Carnival 1 16.67%
Celebrity 4 66.67%
Cunard 0 0%
Holland America 1 16.67%
Oceania 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Cruise Line Chefs - who is Jacques Van Staden

I may ask a number of these, sorry about the repetition, but I am very curious and there is no other way to do it.

Can you tell me which cruise line this chef is affiliated with...

Jacques Van Staden
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The answer is Celebrity - which for 15 years had the most public affiliation with a celebrity chef - with Michel Roux.

Michel Roux was considered a culinary genius. Van Staden emerged after Celebrity ended their affiliation with Roux. They did not have a "name" consulting chef for about a year but instead started using a Las Vegas-based food consultant who specialized in coordinating celebrity chefs with different dining venues. It is believed Celebrity possibly wanted to creat a number of chef alliances, but it didn't work out that way.

Van Staden was able to impress the company enough with his talents that he was soon named the head of Food & Beverage for the company.

He was born in South Africa and learned his trade in the best restaurants in Washington DC. He was wooed to Las Vegas in 2000 and soon was head chef at one of the top restaurants there - Top of the Palms.