Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

View Poll Results: What cruise line is Daniel Boulud affiliated with?
Carnival 0 0%
Holland America 0 0%
Celebrity 0 0%
Oceania Cruises 0 0%
Cunard Lines 3 75.00%
Regent Seven Seas 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Daniel Boulud started with Le Cirque - what cruise line?

This chef started at as executive chef for Le Cirque, one of New York's most famous restaurants ever. He is French born and trained, and he now owns Daniels, famous in New York for a number of things including the world's most expensive hamburger ($27). He started out by working for another cruise line celebrity chef, Georges Blanc. He was named "best yound chef in the world" at age 17 and by age 18 he was working in a 3-star Michelin restaurant:

Daniel Boulud
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Hey I just saw Daniel Boulud on Top Chef Las Vegas. I love watching cooking shows.
This link will not give away the answer to your question. Because it's one of Daniel Boulud's recipes. Short ribs braised in red wine with celery duo. You have to love a chef that starts a recipe with 3 bottles of wine. I'm not sure I would set the wine aflame I'm afraid of caughting my kitchen on fire.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ERY-DUO-106671

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I asked these questions because I want to see how much cruisers actually pay attention to the topic of chefs on ships.

Daniel Boulud is actually one of the top chefs in the world - extremely famous to gourmets. The answer is Cunard although it was somewhat shortlived.

BY the way, he is far more recognized and honored than Todd English, the person who has the "name-sake" restaurants on Cunard.
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Paul, I had googled Daniel Boulud and muct say it took a bit to find the right site that told which line.

And I must say that really a big named chef does not really impress me as much as is the food tastey. You can have a named chef and not like his food. In fact one of the lines is having chef work that was on Hell's Fire and I didn't remember his name but when I saw his picture I remembered him and it was not really good thoughts about him, of course he must be much better than he was on the show or else he would not have been hired.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014