Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday is here

Another beautiful start to the day. 22 days in a row now of nice weather.
That story about the woodpeckers really made me laugh. reminded me of one we had as a kid. Dumb bird used to peck on the TV antena !

We have a birthday lunch today to attend to. My elbow is hurting me still. I had fallen down concrete steps a few weeks back and that elbow hit hard and I am having quite abit of pain the last two days. Hope it goes away soon.

Have a great day every one.
Old September 20th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Morning Delft, and all to follow...
I remember being at 14 consecutive days of wonderful weather when I left town last week, it sure has been a nice Sept.!
However, the great weather ended when I got to Nova Scotia. Although we do see the sun every day, we have also had rain off and on regularly every day, with lots of wind. Yesterday I reported a beautiful sunny morning, but it soon turned into sideways rain!

Gave me a good excuse to work out in the garage, trying to find my fall clothes, empty some more boxes and make some room in the garage for a car!

Today, other than unpacking, we are hoping to see some new friends and go for a "Sunday drive", exploring the area and finding a nice place to eat lunch.
So far, we have found several great spots, the food sure is tasty out here in the country!

Have a great Sunday everyone, do something you enjoy!

donna
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all!

It's gonna be a wet one here today in upper East Tennessee.

Hope the elbow is soon back to normal, Delft. My Niece and her husband who live in a gorgeous log home returned from a trip to Europe a couple of years ago to find Woodpeckers had bored hundreds of holes in their house!

R/D, your new home and area sounds so beautiful I brought your town up on Live Earth Maps (similar to Google Earth). It is absolutely idyllic!

This afternoon I'll once again be ensconced in the recliner as the good 'ol boys are running in New Hampshire this week. I say "good 'ol boys" as it wasn't that many years ago when over 95 percent of Nascar Drivers were from below the Mason-Dixon line.

It's been awhile so I thought I'd again throw in our Sunday menu. Although there's just the two of us (as a close friend who frequently dines with us is off to her other home in North Carolina), I have always insisted on a traditional Sunday dinner, a tradition Fran also enjoys.

Today's offering:

Tossed salad with "Todd's Famous Creamy Garlic Dressing" (ground garlic (NOT garlic powder), Hellmann's Mayonnaise, light cream and/or sour cream and if you want Blu Cheese Dressing, merely add crumbled blue cheese);
Roast (medium rare to rare) Rump of Beef `au jus;
Potatoes 'au Gratin;
Fresh Mustard Greens prepared Southern style (Fran does 'em as well as any southern cook I've ever met -- same with her "soup beans.");
A bit of a change here, warmed bakery croissants as opposed to Southern yeast rolls.;
And for dessert, old fashioned banana splits.

Hope you'uns have a wonderful Sunday

Todd
Old September 20th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Glad to see the morning thread abuzz with activity already. D/H and D/D have let me know that they are going to be watching football...I guess that means d/s and I are free to do whatever we care to do... Dunno, we'll come up with something. I think while d/h and d/d are just sitting there, there is nothing preventing them from folding some laundry lol.

Took some more medicine before bed last night and it worked well, but kept me up quite a bit... I think I finally fell into a sound sleep at about 4 a.m., luckily d/h let me sleep in til 9. Feeling pretty good aside from a bit of a cough and a hot clammy feeling maybe after another cup of coffee, I'll snap out of it.

The kids are playing together very nicely this morning, they are so cute hunkered together sitting side by side in the sun room playing on d/s's computer. D/D has her own computer, but it's a Mac, so certain games won't work on hers. I love it that they are getting along so well right now. We'll see how long this lasts lol.

I think the inlaws are going to be coming for another visit in a few weeks so I better start getting things in order for their trip down. The next month until we cruise is going to be very busy. There's lots to do. Well I better go do something lol. Have a great Sunday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday is Here

A super late good morning to you all.

MIL's 80th birthday bash went off well. About 40 people attended and nobody smoked which was wonderful. MIL was very pleased that everybody showed up. First thing that happened as we came in the door, somebody started jabbering at us in German! Lots of food, and surprisingly, it was not German.

We have nothing planned for today except lunch somewhere or other. I'm hoping for lasagne.

Have a good day!

Judy