Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:29 AM
Captain

Default Tuesday and the 1st day of Fall

I guess I will start the morning thread from Ohio today.

Yesterday was a day I hope I don't have to relive ever! My son-in-law dropped the grandaughters off here around 7 am. The baby and I put big sis on the school bus. We had begun doing our normal playing when around 9 the phone rang. I could not hear anyone on the other end, so I hung up. A few minutes later it rang again, it was my daughter. She started the conversation with, " Mom, I've been in a bad wreck, but I think I'm ok!" Now I'm shaking like a wild woman trying to hold it together to talk to her. There was a real nice couple who lived near where the accident was and were letting her call from their place. I got all the info, made sure she had call the police, and told her I was on my way. I called her husband who immediatly headed her direction. I was only about 10 mile from her, he was 30, that is why she called me first.
I took the baby to her other grandmothers and within 20 minutes was at the site. And what a site it was....the car was totaled. She was on her way to a special training session for her work, and she was to do a presentation. The road was one she was unfamiliar with, it was raining, and the rest is history. She spun, hit a bank with the passenger side which then flipped the car, hit on the drivers side, then landed on the wheels. The only place on the car not bent up is the trunk lid. God was riding with her as she is only stiff and sore. The fellow who lived near said he saw it all happen, that she was not speeding it is just the way that road is. This was the 10th accident in that same spot this year and all were on rainy days, with folks who didn't know the road. The patrolman was nice and suggested that she go be checked out at the hospital just to make sure everything was ok. After a cat scan and x rays found nothing broken or damaged she was sent home.
She has cried a few tears, thinking about what if she had had the babies with her. I told her to just be thankful she was alone. Needless to say she never got to her meeting and will probably be off work for a few days until she can move around better. We are just so glad she is ok.

I will make a couple of stops to her house to check on her today. She called me earlier and said she had taken a dose of the pain meds they had given her. She was getting sleepy so rest will be good for her.

Everyone have a good & safe day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
Familiar Face

This is the type of call that all parents dread! Thank heavens your daughter came out of the accident without major injuries. I can only try to imagine how you felt. Here comes a <<< hug >>> for you and your daughter.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Sue, what anightmare - every parent's nightmare!
So glad your daughter is OK, say a little prayer of thanks...

donna
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Sue, thank goodness your daughter is fine. Just take it a day at a time!
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Wow,,,so glad everything turned out for the good. Big hug for the both of you.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday and the First Day of Fall

Yes, a prayer, indeed, that she is safe . . .

Judy
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Sue,

I am VERY happy that your daughter is OK and that she wasn't severely hurt. It could have been much worse.

Just don't hug her too much until the soreness goes away.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me