Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Don't you love it when....

You take out your suitcases for your cruise, and you find remnants of an old cruise.. I just took out 2 suitcases, that we used for our New Years Cruisemate Century cruise in 06/07...I found all the Celebrity Today daily newsletters, the key chain and the luggage tags we got, & the mints, tasted fine after 3 years Also, I found some tops, that I never remembered missing Oh my!

Best of all, I stopped what I was doing..[ironing] and, remembered all the good times we shared with the gang....This is the only cruise I was ever on, that I was sick, and missed the NY Eve party....Sharon hooked me up with some meds...how I loved her for that..this cruise I am packing the drug store

But for a minute, I was in a Cruisemate time capsule..ahhh the memories How about you.....back in time for a minute?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Oh Yea, I know exactly what you mean. Brings back some good memories, especially when its from a cruise a few years back...I'm always finding those mints they "used" to put on your pillow each evening, I almost always bring them home.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Had a bit of the same experience today Trip, we were searching the garage for some missing clothes we packed for the move and found them in a large suitcase - along with some beach sand and some cruise souvenirs!
Will be packing up those suitcases again soon, with a cruise coming up in Nov.!
As for the CM Century cruise, I have the CD I listen to alot, and video footage James shot of our CM party and Ray & Helen's anniversary celebration, with you and I singing! Oh my!

donna
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Found a St Thomas Beach bag a few months ago that I have not used to cruise in a few years. In it I found seapass cards, my favorite white sunglasses, a key chain and two deformed pillow mints.
They might be worth something on Ebay since Royal does not give out the mints anymore.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old September 28th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I did the same thing on Friday. I was looking for a spare DVD and opened the laptop case I took on my last cruise and there was my Seapass, some Capers and the "chocolates". I tried one of the chocolates and realized why I threw them in the laptop case and didn't eat them. They are terrible.

I have noticed that trend over the years. Either they have "stopped" giving out the chocolates on the pillows or the quality has gone to pot.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Admiral

came across photo albums from a weekend cruise on Western Cruise Line Azure Seas Jan 1985..Souvenir Menus were $1.50 and Cunard Princess for Sep 1988 7 day cruise , both out LAX and Carnival Jubilee May 1987 (Nassau, San Juan, St. Thomas)...all 3 cruises were with my ex which looking at the pictures brought back mixed memories and makes me wonder why she did not take the albums with her when she left well, at least I had a great time