Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Default Rainy Days and Mondays......

The old song by the Carpenters says "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down..." but even a miserable rainy Monday cannot get me down here in Caribou River!
It is horrendous weather out there today, heavy rain, howling wind, but I'm still happy to be here.
It looks to me like a perfect day to start painting my living room - no outdoor work today that's for sure! I got the paint yesterday, so I am ready to begin - bring on the paintbrush and roller!

donna
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Gosh R/D, I wish I had a fraction of your "Get up and go!"

Good morning everyone from a cloudy albeit dry East Tennessee. The skies are to clear up later on this morning. We're gradually slipping into Fall with high temps this week to be in the high sixties and seventies (Fahrenheit).

Fran is still feeling awfully rund down and we're both becoming a bit more apprehensive with each passing day. We both somewhat fear her blood work appointment tomorrow as that will tell the tale. Nevertheless we both press on.

Fran continues her preparation for a "Family indoor picnic" on the 18th of next month. She was going to hold it the 11th until we heard that our niece from the Isle of Man is coming over here while her better half flies off to Australia on business. It's not going to be fancy as would be Thanksgiving or Christmas but merely a relaxing day with family and a ton of food. But what else would one expect from an Italian wife?

Prayer continue for all on the list along with an accompanying request for Blessings upon all.

Todd
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Happy Painting Miss Donna! It's so much fun (and work) making a new place your own. Adding all those personal touches really does make it feel like home. I am glad that you have found some place that makes you happy.
Well today is filled with more cleaning and tidying up. The inlaws will be arriving a week from Friday. So I am preparing for their visit along with doing some much needed fall cleaning. It is amazing to me, how much dirt and clutter can accumulate in six months since I last ripped everything out and cleaned like a crazy person. Luckily d/h pitched yesterday. In between studying for his class and watching the game. I would throw the clean clothes on the bed as they came out of the dryer and he would fold them or hang them up. Which freed me up to do other stuff. Then I went over to the neighbor's house last night to help them with a minor computer issue, d/h got the kids bathed and ready for bed. So we make a good team.

This morning I am waiting for the guys who put the new heat and a/c in to come out and fix a screw up. I am not real happy with this at all. They ran a conduit for all the electrical, but the conduit is not secure and has slid down about 2 inches since it was installed so the silicone they used has come away from the hole in the ceiling that it passes through. it also goes down through the floor behind the water softener, well when I noticed the thing had slipped down, I grabbed a flashlight and a step stool so I could get up high enough to see behind the water softener and there was a large gaping hole back there. I was ticked off. This time of year, everything that is outside wants to come inside, because they know the cold weather is coming. That includes mice and other critters. Well to be honest I am surprised that to date we have not yet had an invasion. But I just can't understand what idiot thought that leaving that hole like that was a good idea. OK I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent. I stuffed aluminum foil in the hole until they get here today.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Good mornin' "Mates". R.D.,,,get out that paint brush, and give her hell. It'll all be done before you know it.
Well, the lovely Mrs. Jones and I just returned from a fantastic cruise aboard Carnival "Legend". GREAT cruise, and entirely too short. Two of my brothers, and their significant others were along for the cruise, and we had a mini family reunion which was wonderful as well.
If you get a chance to see the new production show "Big Easy" I'd very highly recommend it as it was really really good. As of now, it's only being performed aboard "Legend", but will no doubt be added to other ships in the near future.
I was privileged to perform in the "Legends Show" as Frank Sinatra once again, but didn't get a 24 karet gold, plastic, ship on a stick as they were out of them. They did, however, award the coveted fake Olympic medal instead. . I had a great time, as usual, performing for my fellow guests.
If you have any questions about "Legend" fire away. Great to be home again with my "Mates".

Ken
"SKY"
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A glorious Indian summer day, & since Bruce has the day off, we are off to get last minute cruise stuff. Packing lighter for him is easier than for me of course, and it will be interesting to se if the luggage locators will work....

When I went to work on Saturday, I found out that the day before, a customer had purchased 5 of my necklaces, my biggest sale ever...I was thrilled to say the least..but the store is still trying to make up for last falls financial disaster. The ripple effect is still being felt, in the most prosperous town in the state, and, it's heart breaking to see my boss struggle so;(

Make it a good one .

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Welcome to Nova Scotia Donna, hope you like rain. This has been a horrible summer weather wise. We have a saying here, if you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it will change.
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Fall has arrived. The wind is blowing hard and the temps have dropped. Wind gusts to 40 MPH and the temp is in the 50's.

I slept late today. We didn't get much sleep on Saturday and no nap time yesterday because of the sick granddaughter. She went home to Mom and Dad yesterday afternoon but our grandson stayed with us so my daughter and SIL could take care of my granddaughter.

This morning my daughter called and my granddaughter's fever has broke and she's feeling better. Betty just left to take my grandson home and do a little babysitting before she has to go to work so my daughter and SIL can do surgery.

I am just going to be a lazy man today with no plans. I have to wait until the guy bails my hay before I can mow the lawn so it's a great excuse to get out of it. Betty's been mowing the lawn since I broke my leg so I guess I'll have to be retrained.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great week.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 28th, 2009, 12:20 PM
First Mate

Trip,

I may have missed this before, but what exactly are the luggage locators you refer to? Tags, or perhaps an electronic gizmo of some sort?

Thanks,

Old September 28th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Default Rainy Days and Mondays . . .

Good morning from Southern California. No rain, but at the moment, no sun, either.

Not much happenin'. Keith will go to the gym and I will so a small amount of ironing.

Have nice day, everybody.

Judy
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid1962
Trip,

I may have missed this before, but what exactly are the luggage locators you refer to? Tags, or perhaps an electronic gizmo of some sort?

Thanks,
Sid,

They are little electronic "beepers" that attach to your luggage. You hit a remote that attaches to your keychain. It is similar to the electronic remote for the locks on a car. When you hit it the remote, the luggage locator, beeps.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 28th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Sid, what Mike said I got them in Marshalls for $5.99 each....these are for single pieces...but, thedo have one, that can do multiple bags...try brookstone, or like Samsonite...if you cannot find them ....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 28th, 2009, 05:20 PM
First Mate

Mike/Trip,

Thanks for the info. I may look for them, but I think for the upcoming cruise I will stick to rummaging around the luggage area in the terminal. we have daygo green luggage tags, and that helps somewhat.

Thanks again......